What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Since Far Cry 4 was down low price already, I decided to pick it up to satisfy some general pretty death-dealing urges.

I have to say that it certainly has some nice backgrounds , and its a very pretty game.

I will also say I am swiftly coming to have a hatred for tigers. I can be in the middle of a great stealth clear of an Outpost..and just as I'm about to take out the last few guys, I suddenly have a random tiger pounce on me. Once or twice I'd think "cool, the random animal thing is neat..."   However, when it happens about 7 times in a row at different outposts, I'm thinking the tigers have a personal hate-on for me.

(and no, there were no Hunters controlling said tigers.)

Eagles are gonna be worse because they're so small and they wipe out so much of your health. 

Right now I'm playing WoW, Battlefield, and Dying Light

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Getting started with Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  Pretty standard 16-bit era jRPG so far.  I'm a bit bummed I haven't been able to loot barrels and crates so far.  I've found my share of treasure chests, and those are cool and all, but looting barrels and crates is jRPG tradition.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Seriously, what is it with Dying Light's developers and those stupid boss fights?  I just fought Tahir, and that was worse than the Pit fight.  Why do they insist on thinking it's a good idea for players to build up their characters and find/buy/craft all this awesome gear, only to then have them fight boss fights with zero equipment other than a rusty weapon that's weaker than what I had when I was about 20 levels weaker?

I'm coming to the realization that I hate 90% of the boss fights in games nowadays because of these cheap, stupid tactics to make things more "challenging".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Eagles are a real pain in the ass in Far Cry 4.  It's like developers include features that add nothing more than to annoy the player.

I haven't noticed that much grief from Eagles, there have only been a few attacks I've suffered. Although I do keep hearing the screams from random folks "Eagle!!"

The trouble I keep having is being sneaky in a mission or outpost liberation attempt and suddenly finding a tiger jumping on me.

That and multiple Karma Missions opening up around the same space of time. Or Karma missions appearing in locations you can never actually get to in time because they're up several impassable cliff sides (or some 5-10 minute windy-ass road route). But having Royal Convoy, Courier, Save the Hostage, and something else all turning up at the same time gets a bit irritating.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I honestly thought that Fallout couldn't surprise me after half a dozen or so playthroughs, however upon bearding the Khan's in their lair I find the raiders screaming in horror as I approach, insisting I am the ghost of Death Hand returned. Upon talking with Garl the son of Death Hand and leader of the Khan's, I find that he is horrified by his murdered fathers return, and I take Tandi from them with hardly any argument.

Upon research I find that this is simply an occurence triggered by high luck, such rarely seen reactivity, I find myself enormously impressed. This is the kind of content that speaks of a labour of love, a small chance detail that hardly anyone will see, and yet implemented anyway.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm breaking some bones in olliolli 2.  Quite addictive. 

I'm having a little bit of a hard time with the control scheme as far as nailing the landing.  Not that its a terrible control scheme, just takes a little getting used to I'm sure.  But also putting in some time with Helldivers which has been pretty fun so far, even with random groups.  Intense gameplay for sure.

Trying to get through Binary Domain, it's one of those games I love to hate as somewhere under the shoddy gameplay is a decent game. But maybe cover shooters just aren't for me (though I rather enjoyed ME2s combat, so maybe it's not that after all)

Edited by marelooke

More Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  The combat is pretty uninspired so far, granted I'm early in so I have barebones abilities, but the story and characters have me interested and wanting to continue playing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I forgot how short F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is.  I still think it sucks how they

killed off Jin.  It's weird, though, because she's around in F.E.A.R. 3.  Different developers, I think.

I've started F.E.A.R. 2.  Not as good in my opinion, but fun.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I forgot how short F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is. I still think it sucks how they

killed off Jin. It's weird, though, because she's around in F.E.A.R. 3. Different developers, I think.

I've started F.E.A.R. 2. Not as good in my opinion, but fun.

FEAR Extraction Point wasn't made by Monolith, and is deemed non-canon

• Like 1

The main quest in Dying Light has just continued to go down the drain.  It's just one long string of Rais making my character look like a chump (with me being unable to do anything about it because it's scripted this way).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Black Mesa, never played the first Half-Life before. So far seems more an adventure game than a shooter, not doing that much shooting.

I've playee HL but not Black Mesa. If it stays true to the original there will be lots of shooting eventually but the game will be just as much about navigating the dangerous environment. It may not look very good early on but HL was a better game than the sequel because of the labyrinth, it has some of the most spectacular moments in gaming.

• Like 1

I'd say Black Mesa was pretty much the same experience to me as the original HL. It's not only the better graphics, but they also streamlined / cut down on some of the more annoying maps, which in my opinion helps the flow of the game. Just sucks that the Xen chapter isn't finished yet and it looks like it will take another 10 years to get done.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It may not look very good early on but HL was a better game than the sequel

It doesn't have Alyx sucking up to you for every single thing you do, for one thing... That's the thing that really made HL1 better than HL2 to me. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just picked up Sid Meier's Starships from GMG for $11.25 so they're my Starships now. March 12 and I can actually play it.

Been messing around with Offworld Trading Company. I've only done the tutorials but I'm digging those so far.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just picked up Sid Meier's Starships from GMG for $11.25 so they're my Starships now. March 12 and I can actually play it.

Been messing around with Offworld Trading Company. I've only done the tutorials but I'm digging those so far.

Going to pick these up. But what's GMG?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

How is Offworld ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After trying to get into the game on and off I've started another D:OS playthrough, damn the game has come a long way since the original release, I especially like how there's now a companion for each major archetype (Mage, Ranger, Warrior and Thief) and the game in general feels "smoother" (but maybe that's because this time I'm playing on my desktop...)

Has anyone tried the new Resident Evil: Revelations? I'm kinda curious as to how it holds up. Or are you all also waiting for it to be released in its entirety before touching it? :)