What you did today

Tale

Good point

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got a good laugh of a client pretty much blowing their leg off and then asking us about it. Tables just don't disappear from a database, so either someone was experimenting or was trying to sabotage the install, heh. But half day, so I took off and didn't bother to see how it all ended.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My signed artist print came today from Chrissie Zullo! 

11"x17" called Partners in Crime(fighting), featuring Barbara Gordon and Gwen Stacy ... Batgirl and Spider-Gwen. 

I'm dying to get an original from Chrissie ... 

IMG_0300_zpsc6f4a332.jpg

Manifes would you date a girl that looked and dressed like Batgirl ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, that's just a silly question...

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is it..why do you think its silly?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would date Batman, but he would have to take off the costume when at home. :p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would date Batman, but he would have to take off the costume when at home. :p

What about The Thing? Would you date him if he promised not to stand on your cats ?

John Milton 

Well, guys made out of hulking red rock usually aren't my thing (I'm more into the skinny geek made out of tacos and beer) but if he can dance and not step on my feet, then ... uh ... maybe?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Because of course I only date Batgirls, silly. :) Five months to ComicCon!

I wished I lived in a city that had  events like Comic Con...you are very lucky  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Because of course I only date Batgirls, silly.

If only they weren't so hard to find!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

batman as date/romance material?  is our policy to never date anybody with serious emotional baggage.  being a victim o' childhood trauma and/or sexual/domestic abuse don't make a person bad, but it does mess with their ability to have meaningful romantic relationships. be their friend? sure, but don't date.  

is one reason we don't date strippers.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Had a longer day than expected at work.  There was word of a terrorist attack two blocks from where we're located and we wanted to, you know, not get shot on the way home. Took off once I saw an update that the shooters had escaped in a car. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31472423

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Dumbbell skull crusher drop sets, dumbbell pullovers, weighted chin ups, incline bench biceps curl drop sets. And now I'm going to do some relaxing CAD work. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

The left side of my chest hurt again and so did my arm. Went to the ER and spent some hours there. Nothing was found, so I told them to send me to a physio. I went there at 2:30 am and was home around 6 am. My poor (and very loyal) brother drove me there.

I will take it easy today. Maybe go for a walk, do some reading, brows the net  :sorcerer: and maybe play some games.

Could your upper back be the cause? A friend of mine has upper back problems which causes her to feel pain in the left arm chest area every now and then. 

I think it's my shoulder blade/scapula or whatever you call it. But I also feel pain where my ribs are. I don't really know what it is, but I do have exercises that I do for my upper back and shoulder. I will also start lifting loose weights again. It won't be anything heavy, 5-10 kg dumbbells for now. I'm going to nag at the physiotherapist when I get there. I'm going to ask them for a program and also ask that I go there many times. Someone suggested massage, and that could be a good idea if I combine it with exercises. 

Yeah a good chiropractor or massage therapist could really help if you think it is muscular.  With both it is important to find one that is highly qualified, there are a ton of terrible ones out there.  With massage you can typically tell how good it is by the amount of pain they put you through and the amount of circulation you regain.  It should be painful on the table, but you should also feel a ton of more blood flow to the extremities.  I've had hundred of massages over the years from different people, and really only two have deserved the word therapist.  If you can find someone trained in seifukujitsu massage you will probably be on the right track, it is a form of jujitsu.  

A decent chiropractor should have a fair amount of training in massage as well, and should also run you through exercises to strengthen muscles.

• Like 1

What also helps a great deal is a warm shower and stretching post-workout (In the shower). Does a wonderful job on relaxing tight muscles. If you get free weights I recommend reverse flyes and bent over rows to fix your upper back.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Two words Labadal: Hot Tub. As in Jacuzzi, spa, whatever you want to call it. It's a lifetime of therapy for the cost of three chiropractor visits.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Woldan and GD: I usually do those things and it always helps. Not this time, though. The warm water didn't help and stretching didn't work because I was in too much pain.

I'm feeling a bit better now, but still feel some pain, mostly the shoulder.

Been lazy today. Watching football and then I'll have some sausage and eggs, probably with some tomatoes on the side. Going to lift some light weights and the try to finish book 5 of The Dark Tower.

I finally finished building the new rabbit house/enclosure. It's lit, heated and even has a fan in the summer and the floor drops out for easy cleaning. The rabbits, as rabbits will do, are having babies. The wife refuses to let me cook them ( not just these two but any rabbit or it's offspring) so were going to sell the kits once they are old enough. She is under the impression the folks who are looking to buy rabbits want them as pets.

I see no reason not to avoid an unpleasant conversation by not disabusing her of that notion. I just said "Sure whatever".

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell