What you did today

Tale

Interview done, now to enjoy the remnant of my day off by finishing chores and getting back to my coursework.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've decided to do another playthrough in DA3, with a Qunari female knight enchanter. In case BW produces worthwhile DLC in the near-ish future I want to have two vastly different characters. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Walking my dachshund today, he barked at a lady passing by who then went off on me telling me she was viciously bitten by one years ago. Granted my response of "What am I supposed to do with that?" didn't help much. Sheesh, this neighbourhood's gotten annoying over the years.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They can do a good bit of damage if they catch you on your achilles or are somehow thrown at you or something (hm...dachshunds as a weapon..), I have a scar on my nose and forearm from my nutjob one biting me.

Edited by Malcador

Nah, that's inhumane. Just mount little pepper spray cannons to the dachshunds' backs and have those be remotely controlled, dachshunds are armoured up and charge the crowds and provide a platform for pepper spraying.

• Like 1

I've been attacked by Jack Russels before though. Those seem to have it out for me. :ninja:

You're not alone, vicious animals. Especially the black ones. Big, nasty teeth! :alienani:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

*runs around town, does yardwork etc.*

*a thought pops in, "I should share/ask that on the forum"*

*much later, login to the forum ... what was that...tip of my tongue - can't remember*

Oh well. Story of my life. I think it was related to human memory, like how well ppl recall things they learn...but. Ironic!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just had a chat with my neighbor who has been suffering from a severe case of Leukemia for over a year now, he is about to get his final chemotherapy, his fifth one - and its looking really good! That guy is such a tough bastard, spending so much time in the hospital staring at walls while feeling like death would drive me insane. 

• Like 2

Hiked in the Crafton Hills trails for a while and then went to the gym.  Now I'm getting ready to sift some flour to make pizza for dinner tonight.  Afterwards, the wife wants to go on a short walk.

I'm getting close to my weight goal of 220lbs, which is probably a little heavy, but I'm 6'2" and I intend that a good chunk of that weight will be solid muscle.  I'm already transitioning from a weight loss plan to a fitness plan so I don't end up gaining it all back.

Life.  Is. Good!

• Like 3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Writing my fantasy novel which has been taking up my free time lately.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Finished up my taxes, I owe a bit less than last year, but it still sucks.  :p

Also briefly entertained the idea of writing a beer based story, where different types of beer play certain roles and have characteristics.  A BEERPG, or maybe a PnP type game.  Of course that would mean Pub 'n Paper.  My central characters will be Porter, IPA, Hefe, and Amber.

• Like 1

Spent the entirety of Sunday Night throwing up... started at work so everyone else at the airport could hear me retching. Then spent the entire night trying to sleep but I had to throw up every hour to pray to the holiest of all gods "HWARUUGH" at his porcelain throne. Then slept all of monday after a friend got me saltines and gingerale.

Now I'm fine, my throat still hurts as it's healing from the acids, I've got Oranges from my parents, and I'm trying to find a Job.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good God, Cal, that sounds like an experience!  Was there any particular reason for your sudden illness?  :shudders:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Judgmental bastards!  Tell you what, I'll bring a couple twelve packs one night and we'll sit on the front porch and make fun of *them!*

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

As soon as I get over that little crush I had during the holidays and into January and past February through to March, I'll go back to normal ... occasionally drinking on weekends. 

I was almost fine, and then Leonard died, and ...

All Stop. On Screen.

Crap happens all the time, and when it happens you better find yourself a healthy addiction for pain relief. I was addicted to alcohol many years ago, the hard stuff, but stopped soon enough to replace it with something more productive before wrecking myself. Believe me, an alcohol addiction comes quicker than you might imagine and you might not even (-want to) recognize it until its too late.  All I want to say is be cautious. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I'll drink to that

you know, while we cook with a wide assortment o' alcoholic beverages such that we have a rather well-stocked liquor cabinet and wine rack, we do not drink booze.  the thing is, we were always told that there is terrible peer pressure to drink and yet we only experienced some o' that once we got... old.  the only folks that ever genuine pushed us to drink were our wasp bosses and our rugby mates... and the rugby guys backed off once we explained that we would break the nose o' the first guy that tried to force a drink into us as part o' a silly hazing ritual.

typically when we mention that we don't drink, folks just say, "that's cool."  we did have a roommate in college who 'pon hearing o' our reluctance to drink asked us, "well then, how do you talk to girls?"  he were complete serious.  

as an aside, our friend/roommate were a 300lb offensive linemen with father issues. a couple o' times a year his parents would drive up from malibu to visit him at Cal.  our friend's parents were quite wealthy and they would invariably take their son to an expensive restaurant when they visited.  after dinner our friend would abuse peach schnapps-- it were a ritual and we did not pry.  in the morning we would learn what were on the menu the previous night as _____________  repainted our bathroom with bile, schnapps and perhaps lobster or rack o' lamb.  

our desire to experiment with alcohol did not increase when we went to University.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hell, I started drinking at 14.  About the same time I started smoking.  However, there wasn't much peer pressure in it.  I just figured it was the thing to do.  On the other hand, I've never done any illicit drugs... other than underage drinking and smoking of course.  I have major alcohol demons, but they swore they'd help me fight off the other demons for the time being and when only the booze and I are left, we're going into the cage to see who wins.

Poor me... poor me... pour me a drink.  :Cant's hootch swiggin' grin:

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays