RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

GDC this year is going to be really interesting.  I will pay much more attention to it than I have most conventions of the past few years.  We have DX12/OpenGL Next Gen, Steam Machines, SteamVR, etc.  I also expect a game announcement from Valve since they need a new game to premier so as to draw gaze at their new hardware ventures.  

I am sure there are other interesting pieces of news to be announced that I am forgetting or of which I am unaware.  

GDC this year is going to be really interesting. I will pay much more attention to it than I have most conventions of the past few years. We have DX12/OpenGL Next Gen, Steam Machines, SteamVR, etc. I also expect a game announcement from Valve since they need a new game to premier so as to draw gaze at their new hardware ventures.

I am sure there are other interesting pieces of news to be announced that I am forgetting or of which I am unaware.

Half life 3 maybe ??? (could not resist)

• Like 1

GDC this year is going to be really interesting. I will pay much more attention to it than I have most conventions of the past few years. We have DX12/OpenGL Next Gen, Steam Machines, SteamVR, etc. I also expect a game announcement from Valve since they need a new game to premier so as to draw gaze at their new hardware ventures.

Half life 3 maybe ??? (could not resist)

Everybody knows, that it was already confirmed :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Has it even been announced where you'll be able to get the pc version?

Good question. Since Malc mentioned $15 I just assumed they were selling it direct or whatever. I may pick it up if its Steam or Origin but I cant be bothered with another system / store front. 

It will be on steam. It is still a significant amount of time before the release. They even planned to "connect" this with Beyond Earth in terms of two way information transfer (i expect that a significant expac for beyond earth will soon be announced too).

Edited by Darkpriest

This looks lovely and interesting!

Masquerada: Songs and Shadows is a 2.5D isometric RPG, built in the vein of Baldur’s Gate and Dragon Age where you can pause combat to plan tactics for your party.
Set in the Venetian-inspired fantasy city of Ombre where rare masks are the key to casting magic,Masquerada is dressed in the colours and style of French comic books and vivid games like Bastion. Players follow the Inspettore, Cicero Gavar as he returns from exile to solve a kidnapping that will shake up the foundations of the city.

Edited by Noviere
  • Like 7

This looks lovely and interesting!

Masquerada: Songs and Shadows is a 2.5D isometric RPG, built in the vein of Baldur’s Gate and Dragon Age where you can pause combat to plan tactics for your party.
Set in the Venetian-inspired fantasy city of Ombre where rare masks are the key to casting magic,Masquerada is dressed in the colours and style of French comic books and vivid games like Bastion. Players follow the Inspettore, Cicero Gavar as he returns from exile to solve a kidnapping that will shake up the foundations of the city.

That looks cool, definitely something to keep an eye on.  I love the art style on the backgrounds.  The character models, not so much.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As the evenings lengthen and warmth creeps back into the world one feels the urge for a little Isometric Fallout, can anyone recommend appropriate mods for the first two games? What i'm mainly looking for is bugfixes, restored content (such as the children) and the core experience if there is such a thing. Google fu seems to suggest something called Fallout Fixed for the first game, but I can't seem to find a similar mod for the second game, let me suck deep on the teat of your bounteous knowledge.

Edit: This probably should have been posted in the Playing Now thread, ah well many apologies.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As the evenings lengthen and warmth creeps back into the world one feels the urge for a little Isometric Fallout, can anyone recommend appropriate mods for the first two games? What i'm mainly looking for is bugfixes, restored content (such as the children) and the core experience if there is such a thing. Google fu seems to suggest something called Fallout Fixed for the first game, but I can't seem to find a similar mod for the second game, let me suck deep on the teat of your bounteous knowledge.

Edit: This probably should have been posted in the Playing Now thread, ah well many apologies.

There is something called restoration project for F2 which should bewhat you are looking for, also there is mod fallout ressurection which completely changes game. For more info contact mr.Lexx - he is expert on Fallout modding

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Thank you gents, a perfect fit for my needs, much appreciated.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Khronos Group filed a trademark for "Vulkan".  Speculation is that this will be the official name of the OpenGL successor (generally referred to as OpenGL-Next until now) to be revealed next week at GDC.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86539994&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Computer software, namely application programming interfaces for the purpose of creating, rendering, and displaying 2D and 3D computer graphics; computer software, namely application programming interfaces for the purpose of accessing parallel computing resources; downloadable specifications for the aforementioned goods

I wonder if the name "Vulkan" is in honor of the late Leonard Nimoy or if it's a coincidence?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

HTC + Valve VR headset

http://www.htcvr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTITJSSRUso

• 1200x1080 per eye
  • 90 HZ refresh
  • Headphone jack
  • Gyrosensor
  • Accelerometer
  • Laser Position Sensor
  • Couples with Steam VR base stations that track your body's movement (up to 15' x 15')
  • Custom game controllers in each hand 
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free

Unreal Engine 4 is now available to everyone for free, and all future updates will be free!

You can download the engine and use it for everything from game development, education, architecture, and visualization to VR, film and animation. When you ship a game or application, you pay a 5% royalty on gross revenue after the first $3,000 per product, per quarter. It’s a simple arrangement in which we succeed only when you succeed.

This is the complete technology we use at Epic when building our own games. It scales from indie projects to high-end blockbusters; it supports all the major platforms; and it includes 100% of the C++ source code. Our goal is to give you absolutely everything, so that you can do anything and be in control of your schedule and your destiny. Whatever you require to build and ship your game, you can find it in UE4, source it in the Marketplace, or build it yourself – and then share it with others.

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Consumer version Holiday 2015? So when is Occulus supposed to be finally done?

It was something like 20 $ before ? and you get access to their support network. Minor adjustment anyway probably meant to try and get their whole install base be legitimate. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.