RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Anachronox 2? Not sure I still care.

I know you do!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Molyneux has always been good intentions, useless at management, never learnt to keep his mouth shut for his own good. It's been known for, you know, a couple decades. RPS doesn't need to get sweaty about its own self-righteousness by interrupting him every other line to call him a thief, pathological liar and whatever else. 

It's easy to talk crap about someone everybody knows has screwed up. They're not bringing new information, they're not delivering 'justice', they're not enlightening the population. They're just jerking off to themselves. 

• Like 10

And more importantly, he gets good answers.

Really cannot agree. What exactly is he even bothering to ask the questions for if he starts an interview with "are you a pathological liar?"- that doesn't say that you're interested in answers at all, it very strongly implies you aren't actually going to believe any answers you get from said pathological liar. Plus, it very strongly implies that anyone reading the interview should not believe PM's answers either.

And as I said before, one of Molyneux's big problems is that he does give interviews, and everyone already knows (realistically since B&W, or at least Fable 2 for the naive) he lets his mouth run away with him. He'd have had a lot less problems if he'd just shut up or if people stopped asking him questions- which would be the sensible response to someone who actually was a pathological liar, because you simply cannot trust them. His ability to convert the dreams and visions he talks about to cold reality has been very, very questionable for more than a decade.

(If I were answering the interview my response to the first question would have been "Dunno, are you a pathological believer, John?". Then again, I don't like Walker and find he goes for easy targets and ducks the hard ones.)

If there's one person out there who doesn't know Molyneux has screwed up, it might be Molyneux. I think there's value in trying to get him to confront it at least.

I won't say RPS's attempt was the ideal way to do that, however.

Here's something from a former Lionhead dev. http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/15/the-lesson-of-peter-molyneux/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They're just jerking off to themselves.

What else is new. Reading Walker's tweets about this were pretty funny as well. "I know that some people aren't going to like the interview. But the rules change when it's the players' money being messed with." was the best one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think the Molyneux thing is kinda sad, really. He obviously likes what he's doing (I cannot imagine anyone sticking with such a demanding "job" if they hate doing it and are rich to boot) and I don't doubt that he's got some great ideas. I think he should just have people in the company that can slow him down, I think that's the main issue at 22cans, that he is the sole founder, so his will is the law, this wasn't the case at Bullfrog nor at Lionhead (where they were two and four, respectively).

I've seen it before where an "idea-guy" gets to basically run a project without interference and while ignoring the feedback of the other people on the project, it tends to not end well for anyone involved.

Edited by marelooke

They're just jerking off to themselves.

What else is new. Reading Walker's tweets about this were pretty funny as well. "I know that some people aren't going to like the interview. But the rules change when it's the players' money being messed with." was the best one.

You can't combine the whimsical flights of fancy 'oh this bothers me but i dont know why and this is just WONDERFUL it must be the coffee i had this morning' that is RPS' standard style with random bouts of 'THIS IS SERIOUS EVIL' - especially if you think the misdeeds of the other person entitles you to be a jerk so much that it gets in the way of actually conducting the interview. Look, it's super easy to get self righteously angry about anything. But you always have to check if you're feeling a bit too good about it.

As for Molyneux, I do feel for him, but you know, he's opted not to try and get business men to discipline him. If you go twenty years making the same mistakes and you still try to make all those decisions yourself, then you really are incorrigible.

• Like 2

Irritating host aside, this does look promising - though I feel like waiting a month or so to see how it goes given the hype of "SimCity minus the suck" going on around it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is a much better calling out than RPS ever did with Molyneux. Very tough but fair.

Especially relevant to Obsidian as it relates to Paradox.

Really good discussion about DLC's, microtransactions, buggy releases, BioWare, etc.,

Kudos to Angry Joe and Paradox for mutually agreeing to this conversation/grilling. 

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yeah, Swedish mentality of transparency and accountability, and all that... :biggrin:

Seriously, if there's one thing you can say about Paradox it's that they pathologically release buggy games, which they continue to release patches to after a really long time. In the interview he give the example of EU2, which was still patched after 7 years.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Angry Joe, ugh...

I have much the same opinion but have to agree, he does a far better job than the supposedly professional journalist.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Angry Joe's schtick is over the top and can be grating to some, but to his credit --he does his homework and he knows his stuff. In many ways, he wields his influence like a Roman Tribune of the Plebs.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I recently re-watched Rome, what an apt comparison.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• Like 1

How many episodes total?  I'll think about scooping this up once the game is released completely.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've no idea. Hopefully this one will be less boring, Chapter 1 was an intro so it's not that bad.

How many episodes total?  I'll think about scooping this up once the game is released completely.

5, I believe.

Thanks.  I can safely shuffle that into the 2016 pile at the back of my mind, then.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks