RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-12-new-d-and-d-game-sword-coast-legends-out-on-pc-this-year

D&D game Sword Coast Legends out on PC this year, from the makers of Dragon Age: Origins.

Thought some of you would be interested.

Edited by mkreku
  • Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, you could still play FO, FO2, FO:T. Not like a game series being 'dead' is a bad thing - if we had no Fallout 3 or New Vegas, that would also be fine.

It would be fine if we didn't have New Vegas?  I disagree, since it was a great game.  But it was also Obsidian's best selling title, which has helped them stay a financially fit company, which put them in a good position to launch a successful kickstarter.  This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum.

An actual D&D game? w00t.gif

Looks good. For the life of me I cant find which version they are using even when I visit their site www.swordcoast.com. It probably v5.0 but does anyone know for sure?

It confirms it's 5th edition on the site I think, but yes it looks terrific. The trailer makes it seem more like Diablo than Baldurs though, you guys think it will have more of an action heavy ratio? (Not that the IE games lacked combat).

It would be fine if we didn't have New Vegas?  I disagree, since it was a great game.  But it was also Obsidian's best selling title, which has helped them stay a financially fit company, which put them in a good position to launch a successful kickstarter.  This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Yes, well good for Obsidian and their bank account and all but this whole "they saved FO!" argument for gratitude to Bethesda is old and seems to be based on this being necessary for the good of the gaming community or something grander than that. As people have said, the games weren't 'dead' in the some way some abandonware titles are or something like that

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-12-new-d-and-d-game-sword-coast-legends-out-on-pc-this-year

D&D game Sword Coast Legends out on PC this year, from the makers of Dragon Age: Origins.

Thought some of you would be interested.

God damn, 2015 is really shaping up to be a good year.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yes, well good for Obsidian and their bank account and all but this whole "they saved FO!" argument for gratitude to Bethesda is old and seems to be based on this being necessary for the good of the gaming community or something grander than that. As people have said, the games weren't 'dead' in the some way some abandonware titles are or something like that

In what way were they alive?  Interplay owned the rights, they aren't exactly developing real games anymore.  The franchise was going nowhere.

I'm not actually a huge fan of Bethesda.  I don't finish most of their games and I don't think they can write their way out of a wet paper bag.  They are just another game company with good and bad qualities.  I only spoke up here because people were bashing them for bizarre stuff, like ESO and Fallout 3.  It is so trendy to hate on all these companies and it it super repetitive.  You are kidding yourself if you don't think that is the case.  But hey, enjoy having every thread turn into a rant against the big bad publishers and wistful memories of the glory days.

• Like 1

In what way were they alive?  Interplay owned the rights, they aren't exactly developing real games anymore.  The franchise was going nowhere.

I'm not actually a huge fan of Bethesda.  I don't finish most of their games and I don't think they can write their way out of a wet paper bag.  They are just another game company with good and bad qualities.  I only spoke up here because people were bashing them for bizarre stuff, like ESO and Fallout 3.  It is so trendy to hate on all these companies and it it super repetitive.  You are kidding yourself if you don't think that is the case.  But hey, enjoy having every thread turn into a rant against the big bad publishers and wistful memories of the glory days.

I agree with Hurlshot on this one, FO3 was an excellent game. In fact I have enjoyed every single one of there games but especially the Elder Scrolls. I have yet to play ESO but I am still very keen to play it  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Uh huh, well it sure got you sore enough, the sulky last line is a touch. As I wrote, the games weren't dead in that you could not play them or find them if you were really that inclined. Not that it being dead in that way is all that bad anyway, mind you.

And yes, it was trendy to hate on them, which is why doing it isn't a hipster thing to do...which is what I posted a while ago.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never said Fallout 3 was an excellent game, don't put words in my mouth Bruce.   :getlost:

Okay, guys .....Hurlshot "didn't say FO3 was an excellent game " !!!  ( Happy  ;) )

But I think it was an excellent game, lots of side quests and an exciting world to explore , 80/100 for me  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Uh huh, well it sure got you sore enough, the sulky last line is a touch. As I wrote, the games weren't dead in that you could not play them or find them if you were really that inclined. Not that it being dead in that way is all that bad anyway, mind you.

And yes, it was trendy to hate on them, which is why doing it isn't a hipster thing to do...which is what I posted a while ago.

So why did you get sore about me getting sore about people that get sore about Bethesda, again?

What else are forums for but arguments ?

• Like 2

I'm just here for d1ck jokes.

On a serious note, as for Bethesda I have no hatred toward them.  On the other hand, I don't speak their name in reverence and place them on a pedestal like some people either.  Personally, I think vanilla Skyrim pretty much sucks, much like Oblivion did, but it is a great base for people to get buckwild and crazy with mods, and there is value in that.  Same goes for Fallout 3, and it did pave the way for New Vegas, which is my favorite Fallout game ever.  So, umm, yeah, Bethesda just sort of exists in my view, putting out mediocre games made much better by modders.  No harm in that.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wait, so is Bethesda now a bad guy?  I didn't realize they are on the EA/Bioware/Ubisoft list, I'll have to pencil them in.  It's tough keeping track of this hipster hate stuff.

Ubisoft have never disappointed me, then again I don't buy their games on release.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wait, so is Bethesda now a bad guy?  I didn't realize they are on the EA/Bioware/Ubisoft list, I'll have to pencil them in.  It's tough keeping track of this hipster hate stuff.

Ubisoft have never disappointed me, then again I don't buy their games on release.

Well I'm keeping them on the list because I hate that I need Uplay even when I buy a game on Steam.  :p

Well I'm keeping them on the list because I hate that I need Uplay even when I buy a game on Steam.   :p

That reminds me, I forgot to uninstall it after finishing AssCreed IV.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

But I think it was an excellent game, lots of side quests and an exciting world to explore , 80/100 for me  geek.gif

Huh. Well alright.

Bruce, Hurlshot, did you played previouse Fallout games (excluding tactics) ?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Rationale discourse on current events and putting them in the context of comparable historical scenarios, of course.  

Heh, that's what I call arguments as well.

If you want a purely rational reason to dislike Bethesda intensely there's the constructive bankrupting shenanigans they allegedly made against at least two studios they wanted to buy in order to recoup/ reduce development costs. Worked against Arkane, but not on Human Head.

Also, the choice was not between Fallout Online and Fallout3, the contract between Beth and iply allowed for both to be made. The choice was also not between Bethesda and, er, oblivion for Fallout, when Iply licensed (originally) the rights there were multiple bidders, Bethesda was just the highest bidder.

But I think it was an excellent game, lots of side quests and an exciting world to explore , 80/100 for me  geek.gif

Huh. Well alright.

Yeah it has sentimental value for me, I took a 15 year break from gaming and only started in 2007 again. So Fallout 3 was the first post-apocalyptic game I had ever played, I had never played Fallout 1&2 so for me it was ground breaking

John Milton 

Bruce, Hurlshot, did you played previouse Fallout games (excluding tactics) ?

No never :(

I have only played F03 and F:NV 

John Milton