What you did today

LadyCrimson

So tomorrow is NY and I mentioned I'm going to a psy-trance dance festival

We are only going for tomorrow night as its a 3 day festival but I'm going with a smoking hot lawyer friend of mine who is recently single so it should be a real blast  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Found out mom's scheduled bronchoscopy tomorrow has been cancelled for unknown reasons. So guess we get to find out even more medical weirdness or some such.

Also got into a slightly amused conversation. If your teenage daughter who is dating a girl asks if its okay to spend the night at her girlfriends, is it sexist to find it easier to say yes then if she had a boyfriend?  I posited its because there's never been a problem letting her do overnights with her friends as she's grown up, and in all those situations the friends were girls. So there's a certain mental predisposition towards saying yes in that case...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Found out mom's scheduled bronchoscopy tomorrow has been cancelled for unknown reasons. So guess we get to find out even more medical weirdness or some such.

Also got into a slightly amused conversation. If your teenage daughter who is dating a girl asks if its okay to spend the night at her girlfriends, is it sexist to find it easier to say yes then if she had a boyfriend?  I posited its because there's never been a problem letting her do overnights with her friends as she's grown up, and in all those situations the friends were girls. So there's a certain mental predisposition towards saying yes in that case...

I wouldn't say it's sexist. Protective? Yes.

I broke my record on Heavy.

61 kills, 23 assists, 8 dominations, 11,785 damage and 104 points in a single life. My life has meaning now.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Anyone who's freezing is welcome to visit our house, where it's a sunny and balmy 53F during the day and 39F at night. We can have an evening volleyball beach party via torchlight!

I know I'm a moderate wimp in either temp direction myself (all 72F, all the time is my dream) ... but I keep staring at my cat lounging in front of the heater, wondering why HE thinks he's cold, with that fur coat on and everything.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was really cold at the end of November but it's been pretty mild since. Disappointingly so actually,

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It won't go to waste

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So this happened. If she wasn't 125lbs and taller than me I might not have laughed. As it was, at work, I brought her a turkey bacon sandwich instead.

Seeing as how we're going to be friends now, there is an important fact you should know about me. I love food, and I eat like three things, cheeseburgers, pizza, and quesadillas. lol

So what does she do to those things, incinerate them and lick the remaining powder?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Watching files transfer to my new external drive.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I told most of my family to **** off today. Hopefully it's good riddance.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Easily entertained huh?

Who said it was entertaining ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh I was just poking you to see how annoyed you are by the whole thing.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Watching files transfer to my new external drive.

Been there, done that, have the photos.

There's something odd about doing tasks like that, where I can't help sitting there and watching the clock. Well, at least if it's a lot of those little 5-15 minute jobs, since leaving means I might lose time efficiency by not returning in a timely manner. If it's going to take an hour for every task, I'm outta there.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Shame I don't have more USB 3.0 ports.  Need to move 2 TB...this will take a while.  Ah well, gives me an excuse to go do chores :)

Either my car has developed a serious wobble, or it's very windy ... I hardly had to push the shopping cart, the wind blew it uphill for me!

Shame I don't have more USB 3.0 ports.  Need to move 2 TB...this will take a while.  Ah well, gives me an excuse to go do chores :)

I can have a 4 hour computer task going and easily will still find an excuse to not do chores. Like, catch up on TV series. Or use other PC's to continue surfing the internet. Or make nooky with the spouse. Or take a nap.

...most chores are evil and generally to be avoided at all costs. Especially in winter. Unless I'm feeling obsessive about grout cleaning, which occasionally happens.

Oh man, there is nothing like taking a bunch of pictures of yourself to so easily destroy a month's confidence. Oh well, at least this beer can't judge me. Life really is all in our heads. Wait ... maybe that means all those crappy pics weren't crappy. Maybe self-image can only be seen by the self. Maybe I'm okay. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Thanks, non-judgmental ninja.    

All Stop. On Screen.

I've been rather hyper all day. Can't sit still to even play my game. Keep thinking I hear something scratching around in the bushes outside, like a cat or raccoon, but it goes on forever. Maybe it's the wind. Or a leprechaun hiding his pot o' gold. Or Michael Myers. No I'm not drunk. Gah, time for bed.

I have moved all my vehicles away from trees, and just helped my neighbor recover his metal tarp tent that blew away.  It is crazy windy.

Have you checked for large wolves in the vicinity?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Out of morbid curiousity I decided to give DDP Yoga a chance and it's surprinsgly fun. It's a former wrestler's Yoga workout and recovery schedule and though I expected it to be a joke (and in fact the wrestler's boundlessly enthousiastic persona initially made it seem so) I actually really like it. I recommend it to anyone except health freaks who are probably better off doing serious cardio and lifting (translation: back off Woldan, no interest whatsoever in derailing another thread over fitness talk ;)).

This is really basic, but it includes a bit of cardio, a bunch of yoga stretching (some relaxing and some more difficult) and even some minor muscle building. Most surprising? It was recommended to me by people who used it to get over injuries and only a few days in my back and more importantly, my wrist are doing a lot better. It might be my imagination but I think I'm actually regaining some mobility in my wrist. :huh: Either way, I feel a lot better.

Edited by TrueNeutral

The missus and I are going over a friends house to celebrate New Years Eve. Im sure I'll feel like crap tomorrow...

Keep your alcohol consumption moderate.  BAM! Problem solved. 

So, now I'm going to set up all the fireworks equipment, this is gonna be fun! 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.