Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

vclAWYH.jpg

Some poor woman dies in a horrible fashion this is how Wu parades it. She's really going to egg on until some loonie snaps.

Just despicable, utterly and completely.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"A woman is horribly murdered and there might be a link to someone who could possibly be a member of an amorphous mass of thousands of anonymous members of a message board that is obviously on my side because it absolutely hates and censors the seperate amorphous mass of thousands of members, anonymous or otherwise, that I consistently accuse of sending death threats to me when none of the facts support that accusation since the only recorded instance of this came from a brazilian games journalist, games journalists being another group that is obviously on my side... poor me!" :lol:

• Like 3

isn't 4chan one of the biggest internet forums? Thats kinda like "police investigating man with links to eating apples"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

vclAWYH.jpg

Some poor woman dies in a horrible fashion this is how Wu parades it. She's really going to egg on until some loonie snaps.

Just despicable, utterly and completely.

Wu tries to make brutal murders about herself.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't even know where to begin with that. First, wtf Wu?

Second, can people really be this ignorant of the modern world? Millions of people use the internet, some of them are criminals. Welcome to the 21st century.

1. I don't think anything Mojo Jojo does can suprise me, aside from honesty of course.

2. Seeing as creationism still has followers, yes there are some ignorants out there.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I remember a few cases where people who posted on 4chan turned out to be murderers. Some even posted pictures of their shait or hints about the locations there, etc. If I remember correct, there was even a wiki page with a list of all these events somewhere on the web.

It's horrible, but once again, you can hardly blame everyone for the actions a few nutjobs. And drawing a line to GG because of this is as stupid as saying the last school shooting was because of GG less than 24 hours after it happened.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I remember a few cases where people who posted on 4chan turned out to be murderers. Some even posted pictures of their shait or hints about the locations there, etc. If I remember correct, there was even a wiki page with a list of all these events somewhere on the web.

It's horrible, but once again, you can hardly blame everyone for the actions a few nutjobs. And drawing a line to GG because of this is as stupid as saying the last school shooting was because of GG less than 24 hours after it happened.

Some of those cases were closed thanks to cooperation by 4channers but any goodwill they build goes away as soon as they raid Tumbler or convince Bielebers to cut themselves.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

tumblr_nel91a6T1I1u20mo7o1_500.jpg

These two...

Moreover, this involves a channer who killed someone then posted the pictures, not someone who made public threats then acted.

But making the horrible murder of someone else about yourself....is wrong on so many levels. I just can't wrap my head around the self-absorption that would take.

tumblr_nel91a6T1I1u20mo7o1_500.jpg

These two... 

I believe their point is "as you can see, 4chan and its ilk is visited by actual murderers, so maybe it's understandable if I'm a bit afraid when personal information, like my home address is posted there for everyone to see".

Which I really find nothing objectionable about.

(Well, certainly nothing more objectionable than GG's response. To quote a poster's summary from another forum:

There are 51 responses on KiA to ZQ/BW expressing fear on twitter after seeing the news of the murder.

The top comment is about how despicable Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu are for expressing fear.

One of the posts calls them human garbage and says they feel dirty to share a planet with them, no mention is made of the man who posted jokes online about the murder he just committed. 

Six posts call them disgusting. Only one calls the murder disgusting and that post says it's their fault really.

One upvoted post claims that ZQ/BW want to murder all men and says that what they want is worse than the holocaust.

In all they get called sociopaths, heinous, scum, sick, narcissists, ****ing vultures, shameful and lunatics.

Not one of the responses expresses any concern for the victim of the murder or their family.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You forget to notice that neither of the two tweets by the Mojos expresses concern for the victim either. They are all focused on how it impacts THEM. On how it justifies THEM.

It's not "A grisly murder took place. The murderer has to be stopped. My sympathy to the family."

But it's "A murderer posted on 4chan. That proves how oppressed I am! My life is in constant danger".

Both of those individuals have an ego that would make Kaiba jealous. Their actions proved that much. But who cares about them anyway? They are noise, trying to stay relevant.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

You forget to notice that neither of the two tweets by the Mojos expresses concern for the victim either. They are all focused on how it impacts THEM. On how it justifies THEM.

Which is exactly why I find it so hilarious when those who claim moral high ground call them reprehensible based on that, while also neglecting to even mention the actual victims.

Also, when someone commits a grisly murder and jokes about it on the internet, but your biggest problem is how other people react to it, your priorities might not be in the best place. Let's have some respect, people, and try not to forget the real issue here: a person has been killed by an actual lunatic. That's the real tragedy, not how some hipster girl tweets about it.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Why are we all caught up in this stupid drama of he-said, she-said?

We need to be focused on figuring out how the Powerpuff Girls stopped Mojo Jojo in that episode so we can use the same tactics here.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

feew, i spend 4 hours in work to get throught that topic (and old closed one) to finally arrive here. Ok I now have vague image of GG and all I can say is - gogo gamegate

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Also, when someone commits a grisly murder and jokes about it on the internet, but your biggest problem is how other people react to it, your priorities might not be in the best place. Let's have some respect, people, and try not to forget the real issue here: a person has been killed by an actual lunatic. That's the real tragedy, not how some hipster girl tweets about it.

The tragedy is obviously bad, is rather boring and pointless to expound on how upset the evil displayed makes you. Not really a display of maladjusted priorities to comment on something else. Is a rather BS point too, so some lunatic posted something to 4chan, this means 4chan are killers, apparently.

Wu is the female equivalent of Derek Smart, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Which is exactly why I find it so hilarious when those who claim moral high ground call them reprehensible based on that, while also neglecting to even mention the actual victims.

So wait, you mean to tell me that when someone uses a real life tragedy that has nothing to do with them as ammunition and a way to draw further attention to themselves, we're the bad people for pointing out how morally despicable that is and not just ignoring the obvious immoral action?  Congratulations, here's your medal for mental gymnastics.

I don't think anyone is painting what Wu did as a tragedy, we're simply pointing out how morally despicable her actions are.  Obviously, the tragedy here is a murder and the victims are that person and their family.  I feel terrible about it same as I do about anyone senselessly lost.  I don't know any of the people personally, or in any way at all, for that matter.  Some random guy on a random forum that none of these people will ever read offering condolences isn't going to do anything for them, furthermore, it would be disingenuous of me to do so given as the victim here has not touched my life in any form, making it impossible for me to feel any loss or sympathy on a personal level, beyond the pain and sympathy I feel for any life tragically lost.  Seems to me, that the best course of action would be to leave the grieving family in peace so that they can find comfort with the people who did know the victim and their family and were touched by their lives.  Except, you know, someone had to dig this up so that they could use it as a bullet in their "justice" gun and some of us pointed out that that's kind of a ****ed up thing to do.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 9

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks