Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

The sound of that post... it's BOING THWIPP.

I thought it was based as well, but I don't see what it has to do with Spider-Man.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's the sound of I'm Rubber You're Glue. It bounces, then sticks. BOING THWIPP. It's Alums criticism bouncing off of Keyrock and sticking right back to him.

Yeah, I'm 12. laughing.gif

I've never thought of it that way, I just saw thwipp and though of THWIPP_by_erikorr.jpg

Lean something everyday I guess.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1415285657249.jpg

I know we should ignore this, but it's amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1415285657249.jpgI know we should ignore this, but it's amusing.

"Brianna Who?"

iJRR39t.png

Gotta say, that as a mere bystander for all this lunacy, this has been pretty fun to watch for all that it has offered. Good laughs.

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

iJRR39t.png

Liberal arts majors have to do something with themselves I suppose. Edited by KaineParker

I think it's safe to say that Ms. Wu is an antagonist and quite clearly mentally ill.  I picture her as a person walking through the woods, happening upon a bear den, throwing rocks at the bear cubs in the den, getting pissed off when they don't react, walking over to the cubs and repeatedly kicking them, then, after the momma bear finally wakes up and mauls her, running and screaming to everyone within earshot that she got mauled and demanding that those bears be killed.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think it's safe to say that Ms. Wu is an antagonist and quite clearly mentally ill.  I picture her as a person walking through the woods, happening upon a bear den, throwing rocks at the bear cubs in the den, getting pissed off when they don't react, walking over to the cubs and repeatedly kicking them, then, after the momma bear finally wakes up and mauls her, running and screaming to everyone within earshot that she got mauled and demanding that those bears be killed.

Eh, who cares? I see her as nothing more than a source of comedy to deride.

Bear dens need to be more inclusive.

• Like 7
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Do bears harass in the woods?

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I just think it's kind of sad.  You have a person who quite obviously has mental illness and I suspect, in my highly unqualified opinion, that the events going on currently are doing said mental illness no favors, in fact, the hoopla surrounding this, from all sides, those holding her up as a champion, a martyr, a victim, a charlatan, an antagonist, etc., and I count myself among those people, though I do not exist in any real sort of social networking capacity so I highly doubt she's ever read anything I've written, is likely fueling her illness and driving her further and further into madness.  I hope someone offers her the mental help she needs.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Both of those individuals have an ego that would make Kaiba jealous.

Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series reference noted...

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I just think it's kind of sad.  You have a person who quite obviously has mental illness and I suspect, in my highly unqualified opinion, that the events going on currently are doing said mental illness no favors, in fact, the hoopla surrounding this, from all sides, those holding her up as a champion, a martyr, a victim, a charlatan, an antagonist, etc., and I count myself among those people, though I do not exist in any real sort of social networking capacity so I highly doubt she's ever read anything I've written, is likely fueling her illness and driving her further and further into madness.  I hope someone offers her the mental help she needs.

I'm not sure of she's doing this in a cheap bid for attention or is mentally ill. I suppose it could be a little of both, but whatever the case it's like watching a bad high school drama.

Well, according to Wu's former classmates, we was a weird and creepy guy, but full of $$$.

Then as he got into the industry he got creepier.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

You forget to notice that neither of the two tweets by the Mojos expresses concern for the victim either. They are all focused on how it impacts THEM. On how it justifies THEM.

Which is exactly why I find it so hilarious when those who claim moral high ground call them reprehensible based on that, while also neglecting to even mention the actual victims.

Also, when someone commits a grisly murder and jokes about it on the internet, but your biggest problem is how other people react to it, your priorities might not be in the best place. Let's have some respect, people, and try not to forget the real issue here: a person has been killed by an actual lunatic. That's the real tragedy, not how some hipster girl tweets about it.

So wait, you mean to tell me that when someone uses a real life tragedy that has nothing to do with them as ammunition and a way to draw further attention to themselves, we're the bad people for pointing out how morally despicable that is and not just ignoring the obvious immoral action?  Congratulations, here's your medal for mental gymnastics.

I'm pointing out that if a person dies and your main concern lies with how other people react to that, maybe your priorities need re-evaluating.

Doesn't make the hipster girls' actions any more tasteful, but somehow I can understand them pointing out how chan culture does have its share of killers after TB's "oh, those death threats are clearly not credible, you're still breathing after all" bull****.

Edit: to clarify, I never mentioned (am pretty sure didn't even imply) any of you are bad people for finding the LWs' actions in bad taste. I merely meant to express my concern about how the outrage you people feel at their actions should not outweigh the outrage you feel at the crime that has been committed.

In other, unrelated news, I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well, to be fair, 99.99% of internet threats are not credible.

I think it's still an incredibly insensitive thing to say "the death threats you have received are bull****, given the fact that you're still alive".

Of course, given what we know about the murder (as far as I'm aware, the murderer killed his ex-girlfriend in a crime of passion - feel free to correct me if I've gotten something wrong) it has nothing at all to do with GG (wasn't even posted on a GGer site), making ZQ/BW's reaction extremely ill-considered at the very least. 

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I liked it better when "leader of GamerGate" was an injoke.

As the leader of GamerGate, I did as well.