Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

I also just want to point out that side-by-side is irrefutable proof as both of those people have awful hair and a vacant expression.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Aha, on page one of this thread people where all like "who cares" and now it's not an issue anymore. :>

We contain multitudes.

The temptation to laugh at Mojo Jojo is too much for my weak will to endure.

I also just want to point out that side-by-side is irrefutable proof as both of those people have awful hair and a vacant expression.

I think having bad hair is a requirement for the pro-corruption crowd.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Adam's Apple seems quite prominent for a lady, but personally I don't think her chosen gender is any of my business. Then again I don't particularly care about her at all.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

BbFrNwS.png

Never ceases to amaze me what they get away with saying.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

BbFrNwS.png

I'm sure stillgray is down with the death camps.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Aha, on page one of this thread people where all like "who cares" and now it's not an issue anymore. :>

We contain multitudes.

It doesn't matter to the issues. However, I was suggesting a personal attachment, perhaps as part of an identity with one particular side of the divide. I realise it might be considered crude to bring it up. 

What I am really talking about is subjectivity, as in the different POV every human views the world with, which is of course completely inescapable. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

We contain multitudes.

It doesn't matter to the issues. However, I was suggesting a personal attachment, perhaps as part of an identity with one particular side of the divide. I realise it might be considered crude to bring it up. 

What I am really talking about is subjectivity, as in the different POV every human views the world with, which is of course completely inescapable.

I'm a bit confused dood.

BbFrNwS.png

This is absolutely disgusting, I really hope this is false and there is nobody so stupid as to flippantly advocate Death Camps, especially not when they're white men advocating the death of diverse millions from every race, sex and creed.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

BbFrNwS.png

This is absolutely disgusting, I really hope this is false and there is nobody so stupid as to flippantly advocate Death Camps, especially not when they're white men advocating the death of diverse millions from every race, sex and creed.

It's real.

• Like 1

It may just be because I was born nearer to the war, and heard stories from my family, but what the hell do these idiots think happened at Auschwitz? Do they think gassing men, women and children is cool and sexy? Do they think that six million screaming souls being wiped off the face of the Earth is good fun, when even the most entrenched Nazi guard hated Concentration Camp duty, and felt dehumanised by it? I can't concieve of how stupid and morally devoid this individual can be.

Edit: This is what our families fought and died for, pampered children advocating inhumanity?

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 4

Tea for the teapot!

Yup, and it's a white guy on the anti GG side doing it. Feminists andf SJWs go on abouit how evil white male gamers are yet they ignore the fact they have some really great examples of evil white male gamers. Seriously, do they have ANY minorities on their side? I just see white males and females. They are the ones who hate diversity.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It may just be because I was born nearer to the war, and heard stories from my family, but what the hell do these idiots think happened at Auschwitz? Do they think gassing men, women and children is cool and sexy? Do they think that six million screaming souls being wiped off the face of the Earth is good fun, when even the most entrenched Nazi guard hated Concentration Camp duty, and felt dehumanised by it? I can't concieve of how stupid and morally devoid this individual can be.

Edit: This is what our families fought and died for, pampered children advocating inhumanity?

I'm 22 and find myself thoroughly disgusted by the statements that come from the supposedly moral crusaders. Advocating extermination, castration, bullying, rape, or encouraging suicide over internet drama is utterly repulsive. No one deserves to be shoved in a death camp, castrated, raped, bullied into submission, or encouraged to kill themselves. These are terrible things and I find the idea that some **** would casually wish for such a thing so ****ing wrong that I have to wonder if these people can even be considered people due to the lack of a soul.

Yup, and it's a white guy on the anti GG side doing it. Feminists andf SJWs go on abouit how evil white male gamers are yet they ignore the fact they have some really great examples of evil white male gamers. Seriously, do they have ANY minorities on their side? I just see white males and females. They are the ones who hate diversity.

I think it's been covered, but the pro-corruption partisans hate white males despite being composed almost entirely of white males.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

I'm Polish and while my family isn't Jewish, I did have family die and suffer at the hands of the Nazis.  Needless to say, I don't find holocaust humor to be the least bit funny and Mr. Tait, whoever he is (should have I heard of him?) should be ashamed of posting such things whether it was meant in jest or literally.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm Polish and while my family isn't Jewish, I did have family die and suffer at the hands of the Nazis.  Needless to say, I don't find holocaust humor to be the least bit funny and Mr. Tait, whoever he is (should have I heard of him?) should be ashamed of posting such things whether it was meant in jest or literally.

Can't take their Twitter circle jerk seriously. They're just competing to see who can be the most offensive and you can tell they struggle with it.

I'm an advocate of no bounds in comedy.  No subject is off the table, including things like murder, rape, the holocaust, Jonestown, etc.  That said, if you're going to incorporate one of these subjects into your jokes, you better make damn sure that the joke is very clever and very funny (Mr. Tait's comments fits neither of these criteria IMHO) to make it worth the potential wholly justified backlash you may receive for it.

• Like 8

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I see a distinction between hyperbole and jokes. But it's still tasteless.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wasn't really meaning comedy when I posted "jokingly".  I think we all know that when/if the backlash occurs that the quote presented will be argued to have been a joke.  I don't see it as a joke.  It has zero elements of a joke.  It is a comment made to attack someone of a differing ideology than the writer of the comment without giving any real argument.  Many of the better counter culture comedians that would even tackle that subject would have actually constructed a joke, and it is very likely that joke couldn't be conveyed in a single twitter message. 

George Carlin has a small comment on this subject.  He says that he believes you can joke about anything, and the difference between a joke in good taste vs bad taste is dependent on where the exaggeration is placed.  Every joke has an exaggeration.  He goes on to joke about something very controversial.  It is on youtube, but I won't link it here.  However, if you want the link... PM me.  I don't disagree with Carlin, but as Tale has said just above... there is a difference between hyperbole and a joke. 

Many great comedians that I love have usually torn down a group with which they disagree before landing on a comment like the above.  They don't blurt it out as a trump card, or to try and defame the group, but use it as a final coup de grace on a topic they have already torn asunder with some amount of logic.  It is the final exaggeration of the sketch. 

I admittedly worded my previous statement poorly, and should have said that using those comments to win an argument or dehumanize your opposition are of no use to civilization.  As using these comments as the basis of an attack means you have no other method to win because your idea defies logic or the person is incapable (by lack of abilities/knowledge to properly debate the opposition) themselves.  Civilization is built by differing ideologies clashing in logical debates on the topic.  Not by denigrating, insulting, and condemning your opponents via social networks, media, and the like.  When two opposing ideas collide one will win out, or a compromise will occur, but far too often (at least in America) there is a crusade via insults and ad hominem when two ideologies face off.  Rarely do we see actual debate in most major media.  When we do it is a shouting match that feels like reality TV.  We see "Gamers are misogynists" as the basis for a defense against a group instead of debate, discussion, etc.  We tear down the opponent instead of their argument because it is easier.  That to me is useless. 

I will also concede that this could be the horrible nature of 140 character limits being an issue.  However, that is why you should not make such comments on twitter. 

• Like 4

Anyone that thinks, or even jokingly makes an off the cuff remark, about the use of concentration camps as a fitting form of punishment is as useful to civilization as the turd you find still floating in a public toilet.

Well, that turd is a good indication that the toilet isn't working well.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif