Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

It's almost like christmas right now for GamerGate. At least some of it must be not true. That's just how things are in the internets, right? Then again if you build your whole narrative around lies it must come crumbling down at some point.

I don't know what to think.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

This is what GGers face every day:

https://twitter.com/SlowpokeTail/status/529970618117423104

what-is-this-i-dont-even-thumb.jpg

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if different university majors all appeared on a spectrum that traced various patterns of thought prominent amongst the majors (for example analytical, calculating, logical, creative, etc.) that it would seem SJWs study things that are quite possibly the polar opposite of a law degree, and if I had the power and influence I would try to create a law that says it's illegal to call yourself a SJW and make a claim about where the burden of proof lies at the same time. They are clearly incapable of using the claim responsibly.

By this same logic, if I accuse you of being a murderer, the burden of proof is on you to prove you're not a murderer, you fantastically incompetent  f***tards. It doesn't work that way because if you named Person A as someone I murdered and I proved I didn't, you could then say Person B, then Person C, then D, etc etc etc and it'd never end. It's impossible to prove a negative ("I am not a murderer;" you can never know this with absolute certainty), it's possible to prove a positive. ("He is a murderer") Therefore, the burden of proof is on them.

This is basic stuff...

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Which is why we need SJW's to tell us.

I've seen SWJ's shaming women, telling trans people they own them ("You only have you freedom and rights because we fought for you! All you had to so was show loyalty as thanks!" ) and doing all kinds of racist, hateful stuff.

It boggles my mind that the Internet Hate Machine turned out to be the  good guys, while those SJW's turned out the villains.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

B1ry_KMBIQAET0_L0.png

Wow, just wow. Arrogance, self righteousness, idiocy and disdain all rolled into one poorly written sentence. These are the people we are told to not challenge, critique, or question in any way, but simply listen to and believe. I can't see how anyone, no matter how much of an indoctrinated follower can in good conscience want to become a slave for these sneering morons.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

B1ry_KMBIQAET0_L0.png

Wow, just wow. Arrogance, self righteousness, idiocy and disdain all rolled into one poorly written sentence. These are the people we are told to not challenge, critique, or question in any way, but simply listen to and believe. I can't see how anyone, no matter how much of an indoctrinated follower can in good conscience want to become a slave for these sneering morons.

sarcastic-clapping-zach-galafianakis.gif

How about we encourage critical thinking rather than instant belief?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Is this where i get to point to my signature?... :shifty:
  • Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is this where i get to point to my signature?... :shifty:

It certainly is.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

B1ry_KMBIQAET0_L0.png

Well he is correct, but part of life is figuring that out, I guess. These people are weird.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Someone made some art of Art Chu's interview in the Pakman Show (recognize the faces?) :lol:

OnkUEnD.png

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 5

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Man, only **** reply in line.

Indeed, there is far more to this. Harassment has happened, I will not deny that, but it is not the responsibility of the moderate majority to apologise for the behavior of trolls.

(It’s not their responsibility to apologise, it’s their responsibility to admit their part in maintaining an atmosphere where abuse and harassment are doubted for no good reason, lies are spread continuously, and any and all responsibility is denied for maintaining the movement that is undoubtedly correlated if not causal with the environment of fear and harassment)

Uh huh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On another angle, Oliver Campbell has hinted at findings from FBI and DHS investigation that some of the reported harassment and threats were made by the recipients.
So far, he hasn't released any concrete proof but has encouraged people to use the FOIA to request the information.

So...get hype, i guess. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I do not see little proof about anything, just a different opinion. And ending it with

"...with what I think is a pretty good summation of why I think GamerGate is a morally and intellectually bankrupt movement, and has been from the start."

...does not help with examples, such as: 

"This is a misleading tale. Well-meaning GamerGate members [who people have widely acknowledged do exist] or members who knew it would make them look bad, did try to bury Brianna’s doxx while it sat unadressed by moderators for several hours. However, 8chan’s unlisted boards, which aren’t as tied to GamerGate as the explicitly labelled /gg/ board, are still well known and used by /gg/ members. Mods have stickied guidelines on how to properly collect and distribute doxx and the rules surrounding such. The slur used there is referring to one of their victims. The public areas of /gg/ may be sanitised of any direct incriminating actions, [though other very problematic behaviour and discussion is rampant] but the unlisted 8chan boards are far from clean"

...err, so what should be done? Everyone is enforced to say nice things? uuurgh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On another angle, Oliver Campbell has hinted at findings from FBI and DHS investigation that some of the reported harassment and threats were made by the recipients.

So far, he hasn't released any concrete proof but has encouraged people to use the FOIA to request the information.

So...get hype, i guess. 

I call BS on that until i see an official statement from FBI. But on the other hand, considering what the owner of Gawker did, jesus.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've got to admit these attempts at logical analysis are extremely amusing, though in a rather tragic manner. I wonder why the writers cannot percieve how they are portraying themselves, is it simple stupidity or their fanaticism?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Why is DHS involved ?

Some threats are their jurisdiction. Could be threats came from outside the US.

I've got to admit these attempts at logical analysis are extremely amusing, though in a rather tragic manner.

Do elaborate, please.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."