Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Tbh Serana from Dawngrad is better than any NPC from DA2.

Technically she's a companion, so apples to apples and oranges and whatnot.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ok recently found out the game will be coming out for the ps3 and xbox360, sadly another reason im gonna wait to see if i want this for christmas. Do have a question though, are they making it the "same" game for EVERYBODY or are they gonna barebones the ps3/xbox360 and enhance the pc/newer consoles. Basically are they developing this ON the ps3/xbox360 and porting to pc/newer consoles?

Ok recently found out the game will be coming out for the ps3 and xbox360, sadly another reason im gonna wait to see if i want this for christmas. Do have a question though, are they making it the "same" game for EVERYBODY or are they gonna barebones the ps3/xbox360 and enhance the pc/newer consoles. Basically are they developing this ON the ps3/xbox360 and porting to pc/newer consoles?

I haven't seen any footage of the PS3/360 versions. That's why I went with the PS4 version.

I haven't follwed the development of this at all...so what is this 'Keep'-thing? Is it included in the full game? Anyone care to link a good PC-gameplay video? Youtube is drowned with PS4 ones and i am lazy.

Web app that allows you to create/import world states without needing save games. Not linked to buying DAI.

There's some pc gameplay on Bioware's Twitch account. On a tablet right now, so you'll have to check the one yourself.

Thanks!

The Last Court, DA3's text-based tie in, should be starting up in a few weeks.

It is akin to DA2's Dragon Age Journeys.

EDIT: Beaten!

Also, pre-load in 13 days!

Edited by Bryy

^Does this text-based adventure affect the premises of the story of DA:I?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Does this text-based adventure affect the premises of the story of DA:I?

I'm pretty sure the premise will stay the same, but it will affect things in DA:I.

It will? Is this also tied into the keep or will there be an import or something to the main game?

Edited by Serrano

I've been saying it for a year or more: Treat this like an action rpg that allows you to have companions.

Of course. Actually right from the start BioWare announced they were going to build upon DA2 foundations fixing problems and adding some missing elements but not going back to Origins.

DA2 was an ARPG and DA:I will be an ARPG too. Still, comparing it to Assassin's Creed looks like going to far because AC was a stealth/parkour game and it had no RPG elements.

---

Also

After just a few hours with BioWare's latest creation, I couldn't help but get some serious Assassin's Creed vibes: All the hooks that grabbed me in Ezio's first adventure can be found in Inquisition, albeit dressed up in the trappings of Dungeons & Dragons.

sounds just plain wrong. Or does DA:I actually use D&D ruleset? That would be a big surprise to me...

/confused

Edited by prodigydancer

Also

After just a few hours with BioWare's latest creation, I couldn't help but get some serious Assassin's Creed vibes: All the hooks that grabbed me in Ezio's first adventure can be found in Inquisition, albeit dressed up in the trappings of Dungeons & Dragons.

sounds just plain wrong. Or does DA:I actually use D&D ruleset? That would be a big surprise for me...

/confused

I think they just mean generic high fantasy crap.

I've never heard of this site before, so can someone try to convince me that they know what they're doing? (ie. aren't clickbaiting, stupid or having sexual relations with someone who has a vested interest in this failing?)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've never heard of this site before, so can someone try to convince me that they know what they're doing? (ie. aren't clickbaiting, stupid or having sexual relations with someone who has a vested interest in this failing?)

Research confirms they are having sex with Ubisoft.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Spun off from EG, isn't it ?

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-inquisition-hands-on-with-the-first-five-hours/

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If #GamerGate has taught us anything it's that "reputable" video game sites are no better.

• Like 1

I've read most previews now. Yep, there is a whole bunch of them, and I must say that they sound promising. Less handholding than I thought, lots of exploring, lots of action (some bordering on Assassin's Creed acc. to one reviewer - which may be cool, since I do adore Dishonored, which is a bit similar). :)

The best one is this, by Viseira at the Bioware Forums. At the top of that post, there's also a link to plenty of other previews:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/517501-dragon-age-inquisition-hands-on-with-the-first-five-hours-pc-gamer-interview-with-mark-darrah-spoilers/

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If #GamerGate has taught us anything it's that "reputable" video game sites are no better.

That would be a very clever point had I not already alluded to it.

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif