Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

Ah, Twitter hardmen. Wu's gone full into that, rather bizarre to watch from the outside, tweets about blows against GG or whatever and her followers responding with adulation.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Latter, definitely. Everyone likes to give money to a cause, make yourself the face of it - a victim works well for this - and cash will start to flow to you. Segal's suicide nonsense recently got her a spike on Patreon, Quinn had or has the same, haven't checked but I am sure Alexander does as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

XSEQBtz.png

Worth a chuckle.

People aren't referring to you as a professional victim because you're a woman, they're referring to you as a professional victim because you broadcast your bomb threats and conveniently make sure to advertise your new video within the same week.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Can only imagine how the drama around Phil Fish would have been framed if he were a woman.

Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom...

'Show scene of Phil Fish gender reassignment surgery'

"....is for the cause" 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Can only imagine how the drama around Phil Fish would have been framed if he were a woman.

A few headlines:

"Female game developer driven out of industry by hateful males"

"Misogyny is alive and well in gaming, says indie darling Philis Fish"

"The sickening campaign of violence and hatred towards female developers by gamers is disgusting"

Ignoring of course the very antagonistic tweets and statements by Fish. Because it's hard to sympathize with a victim who is a belligerent ****.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A few headlines:

"Female game developer driven out of industry by hateful males"

"Misogyny is alive and well in gaming, says indie darling Philis Fish"

"The sickening campaign of violence and hatred towards female developers by gamers is disgusting"

Ignoring of course the very antagonistic tweets and statements by Fish. Because it's hard to sympathize with a victim who is a belligerent ****.

And instead I've seen quiet a few games' media types be like, "Yeah the internet is nasty, but Phil Fish was kinda of a ****."

Rail about the latest outrageous thing on twitter all you want-- the message that the public gets is still

It doesn't matter what the non-gaming public gets because this doesn't concern them. This isn't an attempt to get the public to support us.

It matters a great deal for the business side of gaming as investing is driven by public perception.

Both sides poisoning the well does us no favors.

Gamergate has already achieved some of it's goals; so I say stay the course.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I've found two things about the media coverage lately

1) Anti gamergate articles are getting more hostile and ranty, which smells of desperation

2) there are a LOT more either balanced or full on pro gamergate articles as time goes on.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Today the whole thing even made the evening telly over here in the Netherlands. Regurgitated of course, without any original research. It's getting ridiculous. Journalism really is dead.

... Wait, no guys, no, that wasn't a death threat!

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I've found two things about the media coverage lately

1) Anti gamergate articles are getting more hostile and ranty, which smells of desperation

Hard not to be desperate when you're on the losing side.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Today the whole thing even made the evening telly over here in the Netherlands. Regurgitated of course, without any original research. It's getting ridiculous. Journalism really is dead.

How dare you threaten to kill the press, you misogywolf.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I normally wouldn't say anything to dispute this type of post but because I think my comment is  constructive I'm sure you won't mind, you not suggesting that real journalism is dead? You mean gaming journalism ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I normally wouldn't say anything to dispute this type of post but because I think my comment is  constructive I'm sure you won't mind, you not suggesting that real journalism is dead? You mean gaming journalism ?

I don't know about Jaded Wolf, but I don't think journalism is dead. Although it could be better.

I think the SJWs are a bit baffled that their usual tactics aren't working as well as they usually do, running up against people who simply don't care about the opinion of the public at large has caused some confusion. That's why you have some pretty much declaring all the BBC, NYT etc coverage as being victory (the use of 'big push' by several prominent antiGGs was somewhat amusing, why not use Douglas Haig's WW1 terminology for moving his drinks cabinet 12 feet closer to Berlin/ sending infantry walking at machine guns...), and being increasingly annoyed that the other side doesn't seem much concerned at all about them.

That's the fundamental problem that the antiGG side and the SJWs specifically have. Previously they've tended to come up against people who care about public opinion and can be effectively influenced by that, boycotts and the like; being able to slowly split bits off the opposition as entities bow to the pressure piecemeal. Indeed, that is largely why they've got such a stranglehold over the gaming press, anyone speaking out there is vulnerable to blackballing and the website owners to boycotts, being labelled as misogynist and other influences, and for a commercial enterprise those are critical concerns. GG is a rather different beast, it is decentralised so there are no practical central figures to attack, no financial support to try and remove and since many have lived through the 'games are satanist' and 'games cause school shooting' witch hunts there's very little concern about general public opinion and the media. In fact, negative media coverage tends to reinforce rather than damage the basic support for GG because that sort of behaviour is exactly what many have disliked and a large part of what caused GG in the first place. Add in things like trying to trash talk people who are quite likely to have been exposed to the more... interesting social interactions of MP gaiming and you get the feeling there's a very basic lack of understanding underpinning the whole thing.

• Like 8

It does really confuse me that they did try this before with the "gamers are dead" articles. It didn't work then and only bought lots of people to the pro-GG side. Now they are trying the very same thing again.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.