RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

If we are just entirely honest with ourselves, people like violence. We dress it up with all sorts of contexts, some elaborate and beautiful to make it righteous violence, but lets be real we then savor the acts themselves. It's always been part of fiction. Some primal instinct in us that probably attributes success in violent domination with success at survival is positively stroked by the experience.

• Like 2

I'd have to argue the point with GTA3 on upwards.

While people could go on mass civilian killing sprees, they were never the point of the game or actively encouraged as part of the story or gameplay.  Rival/Random gangs, criminal groups, and the like yes. But the civilians that were walking around were more bystanders to the rampages then targets.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah, so now the issue is that they are civilians?

Im going to tell you guys a story that will make several of you run for your retch buckets. Every single day of the week, for a couple hours per session, I play D3. During that time I kill tens of thousands of mooks, and I like it. Sometimes I will kill them individually, sometimes I will purposely trap a bunch in a Caltrop and then use a Cluster Arrow to crit 20 of them at once. I laugh and laugh and clap my hands together as huge numbers jump off them and they die. These poor bastards are just minding their own business and here comes a big ole meanie of a Demon Hunter blowing them up. Why? Dunno. It makes me giggle? For the possible loot drop? The world may never know. :shrugz:

• Like 2

Ah, so now the issue is that the are civilians?

Im going to tell you guys a story that will make several of you run for your retch buckets. Every single day of the week, for a couple hours per session, I play D3. During that time I kill tens of thousands of mooks, and I like it. Sometimes I will kill them individually, sometimes I will purposely trap a bunch in a Caltrop and then use a Cluster Arrow to crit 20 of them at once. I laugh and laugh and clap my hands together as huge numbers jump off them and they die. These poor bastards are just minding their own business and here comes a big ole meanie of a Demon Hunter blowing them up. Why? Dunno. It makes me giggle? For the possible loot drop? The world may never know. :shrugz:

Its fine, I can save you. We'll book you into your local SJ  clinic for brainwas....errr...I mean therapy and when you come out you'll never want to do that again :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, so now the issue is that they are civilians?

Have you no shame?

Free games updated 3/4/21

So does anybody know if Leigh Alexander the protagonists shooting is automated, because presumably one still has to press a button to shoot or not, making the choice of whether to go on a shooting spree, what targets to choose etcetera, purely the players. The same as every other game.

I remember in Ultima 4&5 self righteously slaying the demonic Balrons and their demonlings, great battles against fearsome opponents, then I played Ultima 6, found out they were a thinking, talking and relatable species and not subhuman scum. I had stormed into their holiest shrine, stolen a great relic and their homeworld was being destroyed by my actions. Ha, great games.

Edit: There was a part of my Avatar that just liked the accomplishment and the trial of reactions and decisions that combat in the earlier Ultima's was.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't know Bruce, I think you would be better served to focus that energy on whatever you have going on in your head. :lol:

Nah, that just seems like an impossibly arduous task.. my therapist told me that somethings can't just be fixed :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know Bruce, I think you would be better served to focus that energy on whatever you have going on in your head. :lol:

Nah, that just seems like an impossibly arduous task.. my therapist told me that somethings can't just be fixed :aiee:

I hear you. Let me pull back the curtain and show you the true blackness of my soul. In D3 there is a level called Whimsyshire. This level is inhabited exclusively by unicorns, teddy bears and clouds that smile when you click them (awww). I kill every last thing in that level without remorse. Does my depravity know no limits?

• Like 3

I don't know Bruce, I think you would be better served to focus that energy on whatever you have going on in your head. :lol:

I hear you. Let me pull back the curtain and show you the true blackness of my soul. In D3 there is a level called Whimsyshire. This level is inhabited exclusively by unicorns, teddy bears and clouds that smile when you click them (awww). I kill every last thing in that level without remorse. Does my depravity know no limits?

Did you take the cloud's mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Whammy!

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"I really don't think its a good idea you even entertain playing this game. I am worried about the negative impact it will have on you :ermm:"

Youa re insane. The fact you think a game will turn me into a violent pyschopath that will mass murder innocents is stupid, evil, and if I felt like suing  good for a lawsuit. You just claimed on the this forum that I am capable of cold blooded mass murder over a video game. That's evil.

I've been playing violent video games, watching violent  tv/movies, reading violent books, and paying attention to violent feminists yet I have yet to go around commiting acts of volence for giggles for nearly 40 years yet you think this one stupid game will make do it?

Get off your high horse. Nah, it's fun when you show you insane true colours like any feminist SJW.

The fact you think that shows your insanity not mine, oh evil one.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why? Waste of my time. He's in Afrika I believe and I'm in Kanada.  L0L Besides, I don't worry that much about internet trolls. I just laugh at them.  I don't call the police every time someone threatens me on the net or besmirches my reputation. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I really don't think its a good idea you even entertain playing this game. I am worried about the negative impact it will have on you :ermm:"

Youa re insane. The fact you think a game will turn me into a violent pyschopath that will mass murder innocents is stupid, evil, and if I felt like suing  good for a lawsuit. You just claimed on the this forum that I am capable of cold blooded mass murder over a video game. That's evil.

I've been playing violent video games, watching violent  tv/movies, reading violent books, and paying attention to violent feminists yet I have yet to go around commiting acts of volence for giggles for nearly 40 years yet you think this one stupid game will make do it?

Get off your high horse. Nah, it's fun when you show you insane true colours like any feminist SJW.

The fact you think that shows your insanity not mine, oh evil one.

This is a good first effort but I'm still not convinced you are ready to play this game yet

I'll tell you what,  lets compromise. I'll assess your posts over the next 6 weeks and if I see a  concerted attempt from you to show me that this game won't have a negative impact on your psyche then I don't mind if you play Hatred. Deal?

John Milton 

I actually pledged At the Gates.  It looks decent.

Me too, and yeah, I agree. I like that water-colour-look. I also like that the clans will have little stories unfolding and such - yet another 4X game with some RPG-lite to it.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I kept thinking it was Tim Schafer and thought he sounded so young hah. At the Gates looks really cool actually, I'll definitely keep my eyes on it. I like the King of Dragon Pass vibe.

Fortune favors the bald.

That Hatred trailer looks pretty boring, imo.

That's really the thing.  Many of us played the South Park game, which was tasteless and horrible, but also hilarious and sardonic.  

Hatred looks rather pointless.  Are the redeeming qualities that you can kill people and they will scream for mercy?  Where is the audience for that?

Why do people listen to Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That Hatred trailer looks pretty boring, imo.

That's really the thing.  Many of us played the South Park game, which was tasteless and horrible, but also hilarious and sardonic.  

Hatred looks rather pointless.  Are the redeeming qualities that you can kill people and they will scream for mercy?  Where is the audience for that?

Why do people listen to Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus?

I'm guessing those are bands.   :blink: