RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Geez I honestly can't think of worse music than that death metal...imagine being stuck in a room and having to listen to it for hours and hours :blink:  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Point being that Cannibal Corpse has sold over a milion records with songs about mutilation of innocents without reason, so why are you people acting all surprised if such things would exist in games?

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Point being that Cannibal Corpse has sold over a milion records with songs about mutilation of innocents without reason, so why are you people acting all surprised if such things would exist in games?

Writing songs about mutilation is OK but portraying it in a game... strangely, it's OK too as long as a villain does it and not the protagonist.

We already have ESRB ratings, warnings about inappropriate content and whatnot. And they still cannot leave the video game industry alone. It's pretty strange to be the only medium to which freedom of artistic expression doesn't apply.

"This is a good first effort but I'm still not convinced you are ready to play this game yet

I'll tell you what,  lets compromise. I'll assess your posts over the next 6 weeks and if I see a  concerted attempt from you to show me that this game won't have a negative impact on your psyche then I don't mind if you play Hatred. Deal?"

More hatred and insanity from one of the most hypocritical and evil and sexist and racist people on the net. 

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Geez I honestly can't think of worse music than that death metal...imagine being stuck in a room and having to listen to it for hours and hours :blink:  :blink:

You don't understand the lyrics anyway without a lyrics sheet. The reason why death/black metallers screech, grunt and growl is to mask how utterly retarded the lyrics are.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

At this point everyone is going to play Hatred so they can argue about its "finer" points.

One of us should just out himself as a psycho and do a let's play stream, while the rest argue about it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/17/6994921/hatred-the-polygon-interview

Here is some further information from the developers of Hatred

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nothing really about the game, booooo.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

can we get an archive link?

What is the difference between the two links, has it something to do with the website ?

John Milton 

What is the difference between the two links, has it something to do with the website ?

I have a moral objection against the website.

You wouldn't buy chocolates from ISIS would you?

Anyways, someone posted it somewhere else so NVM

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have a moral objection against the website.

You wouldn't buy chocolates from ISIS would you?

Anyways, someone posted it somewhere else so NVM

No I wouldn't buy chocolates from ISIS, you know me well Orog :)

John Milton 

Ive always thought that digital being the same price as physical was a little wonky but I don't recall seeing digital cost more than physical. Can you provide a linked example?

Physical

http://www.brloh.sk/hra_pc_wasteland_2_ranger_edition 29,99 EUR

Digital

Wasteland 2 Classic on Steam and GoG 39,99 EUR

Not gonna link coz you probably see only USD prizes...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

"Tell me about your target consumer and why you believe they will enjoy graphically realistic depictions of mass murder."

Repeat after me: IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S NOT REAL.

I think someone should arrest Anthony Hopkins for cannibalism. I have PROOF that he eats humans!

You don't understand the lyrics anyway without a lyrics sheet. The reason why death/black metallers screech, grunt and growl is to mask how utterly retarded the lyrics are.

..actually, there are metal bands out there that do write fairly good lyrics.

And it is possible to describe and depict violence in a way that doesn't consistently carry on at the level of: "hey, I just shoot people because I think it's fun! Ahahahahaha! Violence is justified because I love it! Whee! That's how the world works! Entrails are awesome! I'll put kidneys in jars and I talk to them because they're my friends and say things I like to hear!".

Not that either happens very often. Or, lately, at all. But it is possible.

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

"Tell me about your target consumer and why you believe they will enjoy graphically realistic depictions of mass murder."

Repeat after me: IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S NOT REAL.

I think someone should arrest Anthony Hopkins for cannibalism. I have PROOF that he eats humans!

Yeah, but if the Hannibal films were just Anthony Hopkins doing a cooking show on how to prepare humans, and then close-ups of him slurping down the meals, it would be pretty questionable what kind of consumer base they were targeting.   :x

Edited by Hurlshot

Irrelevant. It's not real.

Saw series got like 5-7 movies.   It didn't lead to a bunch of  freaks setting up elaborate trap houses to 'test' people's morals.

It's a game.  People take things way to serious. It's not real. What you do in the game has NO effect on real life. If you think it does youa re crazy.

Irrelevant. It's not real.

Saw series got like 5-7 movies.   It didn't lead to a bunch of  freaks setting up elaborate trap houses to 'test' people's morals.

It's a game.  People take things way to serious. It's not real. What you do in the game has NO effect on real life. If you think it does youa re crazy.

I agree.

That being said, this crappy game is clearly making a shameless attempt at cashing in on negative media exposure, and it deserves to be called out as garbage.  

• Like 3

"That being said, this crappy game is clearly making a shameless attempt at cashing in on negative media exposure, and it deserves to be called out as garbage."

(Lack of) quality aside,t he game makers should be recommended for ging space to see the whiny scumbag hypocrites come out fot he woodwork so we can ll point and laugh at their evil nazism. Part of me just wants to buy it just to stick s middle finger at them.

Edited by Volourn

At the Gates released an extensive gameplay video, showing the first year of gameplay and a new art style.

I missed the Kickstarter for this. The video sold me. Thanks!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Btw, on the subject... Wormwood studios (the guys who made Primordia.. was written by Mark Yohalem.. interesting guy.. Also, the latest patch for Primordia just came out.. Should be a good time to play the game again, or for the first time) are working on a new project. I don't think it's set on Iceland, but it draws inspiration from the Icelandic sagas, and will deal with - obviously - violence and violent societies. And likely how violence can perhaps be explained, how it's justified, and how it exists. 

http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/2014/09/sources-for-current-project.html

Last notice was that Mark was gathering information on Scandinavian flora, though. Which is funny. But.. it is an important part of trying to piece together some of the scenarios in the sagas, so I can see why he'd be curious about that.

And I mean, remarkably, Norwegian mountains and forests rarely feature in video-games. And it's clearly time that that kind of terrible discrimination should end right away.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!