[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

the topic of the female chest area in games is a touchy one

I'm going to be doing a video let's play and article for the RPGCodex and I'm going to do a pretty lengthy section on the character creation, so I'll quite happily cycle through every piece of character art available and see if I can find anything else that feels out, and I'll paste you the link / post it here.

Har har har.

I see what you did there. Lephys Jr.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 4

Much more impressive showing today, the Ogre got quite the owning.  Sassy has her revenge!  I did notice some really strange animation issues on the mage though.  Like he would cast a spell, the spell would just "happen", then he would stick his hand out like he was throwing it AFTER the spell was already launched.  Looked really weird.  I think the animation problem is being exacerbated by the fact that Adam was pausing A LOT so you might see a character only twitch like 2 times in 5-6 seconds of screen time simply because 4 of those 6 seconds was spent paused.  I do think the characters need to have a little more "bounce" to them though, they just seem a little stiff.

AI wise it is hard to tell what is going on.  Maybe there is just no AI in the game, maybe there is but until you configure it your characters all behave in "manual" mode, but the characters did need a crap ton of micro managing.  They literally did just stand there doing nothing unless you ordered them to do something.  In the case of the Ogre this was helpful but in the case of the other mobs it just seemed odd.  Playing around with that stuff (if it is even in game) will be a top beta priority.

I always turn off AI when playing BG and start all combat by select the whole group and clicking attack on closest enemy and then tell casters which spells to do. That way people are always attacking someone and doing something. As soon as enemy drops, everyone not currently casting gets selected and told to attack another enemy. 

• Like 1

There is a new short video from gamestar(article is in german and video is in english), that shows character creation(you can see a female aumaua in the video) and a short fight. They also have new screenshots and one of them shows a different dungeon.

Shows the beta in German, even if not everything is translated.

News just in: a games journalist in Cologne (Köln) just reported a few minutes ago that Paradox are doing a great job of plugging PoE and giving it exposure.

Plugging it? Oh noes! Does that mean the game has... a memory leak?! 6_u

Paging Brandon Adler.

=/

• Like 3

There's some pretty glaring AI issues.

Characters have no idle auto-attack.

Characters aren't attacking the next enemy after they kill one.

etc etc

This is a bug that crept in before the Gamescom build. We didn't have time to fix it.

For some reason characters are not autoattacking and if a player is given an ability/spell command they are "forgetting" to autoattack afterwards. It will be fixed shortly, but I am not sure if it will be in for the first iteration of the Backer Beta. may have to wait a couple of weeks depending on how complicated the fix is.

• Like 5

For some reason characters are not autoattacking and if a player is given an ability/spell command they are "forgetting" to autoattack afterwards. It will be fixed shortly, but I am not sure if it will be in for the first iteration of the Backer Beta. may have to wait a couple of weeks depending on how complicated the fix is.

Fair enough. I'll make sure to mention that and the pathfinding changes in my Let's Play.

• Like 1

Nice, Adam had a much smoother journey this time. Still quite a bit he could've done it seemed to improve upon as well. Game looks great so far, definetly getting that Baldurs Gate feel...from the dialogue to the combat to the difficulty level...love it. :wub:

• Like 1

I keep making these short squealing sounds, like a little girl would. I'll be sitting there eating dinner not thinking about anything in particular and then this sound will suddenly come out. I guess i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this. It's like i'm twelve again..

• Like 4

I noticed that Adam didn't use any 'formation rotation,' when you manually orient what direction the party is going to face. Is that something that is left out, not yet implemented, or did Adam simply not use it?

Another thing, when the party wizard fired off what looked like a lightning bolt, it seemed as it went through his allies without doing any damage to them, and if it did, I didn't see any hit animation. Are those things that are being worked on or is that the supposed function?

I keep making these short squealing sounds, like a little girl would. I'll be sitting there eating dinner not thinking about anything in particular and then this sound will suddenly come out. I guess i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this. It's like i'm twelve again..

I know how you feel. When I saw the option to be a Bleak Walker paladin in the gamescon video I became agitated and shouted like a child that gets a sweet. Luckily nobody was seeing me. :p

• Like 2

sign.jpg

I noticed that Adam didn't use any 'formation rotation,' when you manually orient what direction the party is going to face. Is that something that is left out, not yet implemented, or did Adam simply not use it?

Another thing, when the party wizard fired off what looked like a lightning bolt, it seemed as it went through his allies without doing any damage to them, and if it did, I didn't see any hit animation. Are those things that are being worked on or is that the supposed function?

Actually, he did use it in one of the streams. Not sure which one, but he did use it, so it's in. 

• Like 1

Can't this produce a deadlock where one can't rest anymore ?

1/ Characters need to be close in order to rest.

2/ 2 Characters are knocked out, very far from each other.

From what I understand...characters should stand back up as long as no enemies are withing x many yards(or LoS).

So as long as you aren't in "danger" characters will come back and then  you can rest.

• Like 1