[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

I can't wait to see how many people get totally owned in the Beta...I may watch some of the communities streams to see...morbid curiousity.

I look forward to being totally owned in the beta. I think I can maybe do a little better than Adam even on a first try, but if I don't get party wiped a few times before getting the hang of it I'll be disappointed.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Man, that reviewer was really annoying.  The game looks great though.  Wish I could have seen the ogre.

Yeah, no kidding. I happened to catch a later stream as well and he was even worse there. He seemed drunk/high.

I actually think the "interviewer" did good, but I can understand why you think that way. Guess reporters and hosts are acting over the top because they're not genuinely interested in every game they are asking questions about, but seemed to me like he was. He seemed a bit nervous though, which is understandable.

The gameplay video is up on YouTube now by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoyrKRoknp4

Edited by Freshock
  • Like 2

I actually think the "interviewer" did good, but I can understand why you think that way. Guess reporters and hosts are acting over the top because they're not genuinely interested in every game they are asking questions about, but seemed to me like he was. He seemed a bit nervous though, which is understandable.

The gameplay video is up on YouTube now by the way:

You are right about that, and I did like his enthusiasm for the game. I suppose I let his style later in the show get to me a bit.
  • Like 1

I can't wait to see how many people get totally owned in the Beta...I may watch some of the communities streams to see...morbid curiousity.

I look forward to being totally owned in the beta. I think I can maybe do a little better than Adam even on a first try, but if I don't get party wiped a few times before getting the hang of it I'll be disappointed.

Upon even more review I wonder if they will want to revisit that whole healing spells don't heal actual life idea.

It looked as though you can't get very far without taking a significant amount of real hp damage.(The way attacks work in this lead to way more hits)

There were clearly a lot more enemies to fight in that zone and he was taking damage at pretty high clip.(real hp damage)

It would be something like heal 1 real hp healed per 4 or whatever stamina healed with a spell. I think something like that would be on par but I guess the backer beta will tell us more.

Or the 1:4 (is it?) real hp to stamina damage taken could be upped to 1:5 etc.

Edited by GreyFox

Upon even more review I wonder if they will want to revisit that whole healing spells don't heal actual life idea.

It looked as though you can't get very far without taking a significant amount of real hp damage.(The way attacks work in this lead to way more hits)

There were clearly a lot more enemies to fight in that zone and he was taking damage at pretty high clip.(real hp damage)

It would be something like heal 1 real hp healed per 4 or whatever stamina healed with a spell. I think something like that would be on par but I guess the backer beta will tell us more.

To be honest it looks like he played extremely poorly, and by contrast this was a very poor example of the difficulty of the game.

News just in: a games journalist in Cologne (Köln) just reported a few minutes ago that Paradox are doing a great job of plugging PoE and giving it exposure.

Plugging it? Oh noes! Does that mean the game has... a memory leak?! 6_u

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

News just in: a games journalist in Cologne (Köln) just reported a few minutes ago that Paradox are doing a great job of plugging PoE and giving it exposure.

Plugging it? Oh noes! Does that mean the game has... a memory leak?! 6_u

Paging Brandon Adler.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

To be honest it looks like he played extremely poorly, and by contrast this was a very poor example of the difficulty of the game.

I wouldn't say extremely poorly, but not great either.  I thought I saw some unnecessary disengagement attacks, and the AoE's weren't always the most efficient.  Either way, the game itself looks great and I wouldn't want people analyzing my every move.  

Also, I highly doubt they'll change the health rule.  If anything, they would probably lower the overall damage first.

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

The piglet "companion" is so random...I like it.

The battle with the Ogre went pretty well considering the beetle fiasco.  The game is looking good and my nostalgia levels are off the charts - well done, Obsidian!

I don't understand why everyone's so excited about nostalgia. Is stalgia really so terrible? 6_u

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I don't understand why everyone's so excited about nostalgia. Is stalgia really so terrible? 6_u

Your comment made me laugh, reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnorPYTbGM

I guess some people are afraid the game won't bring anything new to the table and just be a old game with new graphics, but the small previews we've got already tells (me atleast) that it will be loads of new features while keeping the old school feel

Edited by Freshock
  • Like 1

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

Thank you for posting that, the cosmetic pet part was fun, wondering if the special kickstarter item is a pet now.

I don't think so as there was also "Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet" for all backers that backed tiers $50+.

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

Thank you for posting that, the cosmetic pet part was fun, wondering if the special kickstarter item is a pet now.

I don't think so as there was also "Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet" for all backers that backed tiers $50+.

Really? Can't find it, all I see is that mysterious "in-game item", do you know what kind of pet that was?

Edit: Ah found it, searched for "pet" on the Kickstarter page and only one word showed up but you are right - man you got a sharp eye there.

Edited by Freshock

Conversations do, but, to be completely honest, I can't remember if barks show up in the log. I will check once I get to work this morning.

You check the forums BEFORE you go to work? Jesus, dude, you're in line for a ****ing pay rise.

Not much time to check the forums at work so before or after works best for me.

• Like 2

Really? Can't find it, all I see is that mysterious "in-game item", do you know what kind of pet that was?

Edit: Ah found it, searched for "pet" on the Kickstarter page and only one word showed up but you are right - man you got a sharp eye there.

It's also a graphic:

26e768b42c790f548f10511eb738a5f2_large.j

^see that little green thing in the upper right hand corner? That's a pig-monster. It's on all the tiers from $50 on up.

• Like 1