Dragon Age: Inquisition

there is no more Bioware, there is no more Mass Effect, it's all just EA's typical apathetic cash grab with a franchise label and that's it.

The only game full developed by Bioware as part of EA is Dragon Age 2, everything else was already in various states of completion, although you could argue EA interfered. Or that Bioware mis-marketed their ending of ME3 (which is a totally awesome game and you should play). The choices you make during the three games are the ones that count, the final decision in game was horrendously handled and we were told this is what we've spent however many hours building up to.. How many people ****-canned Deus Ex (the first one) because of it's RGB ending? Unless you want a Fallout-style ending with splash screen after splash screen with every minute detail addressed in a weird disjointed monologue?

I expect huge things from DA3, and I think that EA have realised that Bioware need to be able to do their own thing considering the backlash from DA2 and SWTOR (different part of Bioware, but whatever). If EA let Bioware do their thing and do it well they have a real chance at grabbing this part of the market. It makes sense to let Bioware have a long leash for DA3 but also for ME4 and whatever future projects they have.

• Like 2

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

there is no more Bioware, there is no more Mass Effect, it's all just EA's typical apathetic cash grab with a franchise label and that's it.

The only game full developed by Bioware as part of EA is Dragon Age 2, everything else was already in various states of completion, although you could argue EA interfered. Or that Bioware mis-marketed their ending of ME3 (which is a totally awesome game and you should play). The choices you make during the three games are the ones that count, the final decision in game was horrendously handled and we were told this is what we've spent however many hours building up to.. How many people ****-canned Deus Ex (the first one) because of it's RGB ending? Unless you want a Fallout-style ending with splash screen after splash screen with every minute detail addressed in a weird disjointed monologue?

I expect huge things from DA3, and I think that EA have realised that Bioware need to be able to do their own thing considering the backlash from DA2 and SWTOR (different part of Bioware, but whatever). If EA let Bioware do their thing and do it well they have a real chance at grabbing this part of the market. It makes sense to let Bioware have a long leash for DA3 but also for ME4 and whatever future projects they have.

I love how people still want to believe in BW, and how EA must be the reason that they been having such a poor job. EA gave them 200 million dollars to do TOR which was a complete and utter failure, I'm pretty certain that BW has done their share of **** ups with their projects that had nothing to do with EA. I doubt a publisher would trust a developer with that kind of money and feel the need to babysit them. BW went through a staff change where all the talent sort moved away and someone less apt where left in charge ( I'm looking at you Casey Hudson)

Plus, I doubt that EA is the one forcing them to write those cringy quotes for their characters, that's all BW baby.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I love how people still want to believe in BW, and how EA must be the reason that they been having such a poor job. EA gave them 200 million dollars to do TOR which was a complete and utter failure, I'm pretty certain that BW has done their share of **** ups with their projects that had nothing to do with EA. I doubt a publisher would trust a developer with that kind of money and feel the need to babysit them. BW went through a staff change where all the talent sort moved away and someone less apt where left in charge ( I'm looking at you Casey Hudson)

Plus, I doubt that EA is the one forcing them to write those cringy quotes for their characters, that's all BW baby.

I'm not saying that the two doctors weren't going the way of George Lucas because I think it's quite clear they were. Anyone who automatically thinks the only way to create an MMO is to make a WoW clone has completely  lost whatever innovative spark they might once had in the beginning of their career. All the same, I've been gaming much too long and have experienced first hand the obliteration of one talented development company after another thanks to being absorbed into EA over the years to not keep EA firmly in my cross hairs whenever it's involved in any way at any time. It's an apathetic corporation that only cares about making the quarterly money for stockholders and couldn't give a rip what the fans who buy their games actually want.  Sure they may have given Bioware more leeway than usual and I think I can vaguely recall one of the doctors admitting that EA gave them just enough rope to hang themselves with, which they did. Also, if memory serves, around the time of the ME3 debacle, I read that Casey Hudson and one other dude literally locked themselves in their office and shut out everyone else who was usually involved in development of ME3 so they could deliver the fixed ending that created such an internet uproar.  Sounds to me like someone was offered a hefty bonus to get the game out at a certain time so a certain corporation could make it's quarterly statement.

Anyway, it's really no coincidence that whenever EA gets involved, mediocrity follows.

I'm not saying that the two doctors weren't going the way of George Lucas because I think it's quite clear they were. Anyone who automatically thinks the only way to create an MMO is to make a WoW clone has completely  lost whatever innovative spark they might once had in the beginning of their career. All the same, I've been gaming much too long and have experienced first hand the obliteration of one talented development company after another thanks to being absorbed into EA over the years to not keep EA firmly in my cross hairs whenever it's involved in any way at any time. It's an apathetic corporation that only cares about making the quarterly money for stockholders and couldn't give a rip what the fans who buy their games actually want.  Sure they may have given Bioware more leeway than usual and I think I can vaguely recall one of the doctors admitting that EA gave them just enough rope to hang themselves with, which they did. Also, if memory serves, around the time of the ME3 debacle, I read that Casey Hudson and one other dude literally locked themselves in their office and shut out everyone else who was usually involved in development of ME3 so they could deliver the fixed ending that created such an internet uproar.  Sounds to me like someone was offered a hefty bonus to get the game out at a certain time so a certain corporation could make it's quarterly statement.

Anyway, it's really no coincidence that whenever EA gets involved, mediocrity follows.

Nah, you being overly negative and jaded. There are loads of excellent games from EA like Alice: Madness Returns

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nah, you being overly negative and jaded. There are loads of excellent games from EA like Alice: Madness Returns

I guess it's possible but my gaming history says otherwise.

Alice: Madness Returns is an excellent game?  thinking.gif

Don't be a hater Keyrock, don't be a hater :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Alice: Madness Returns is an excellent game? thinking.gif

No, Bruce is just insane.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I agree with you, and when the customer/player complain or suggest things, they claim they lack resources...

But really, like i mentioned before, they waste their resources into something not important, such as main character voice and the dialogue wheel, crappy romance scene and crappy combat animations

Weapon designs are so ugly

what happen in DA2 that make it a fail is they change everything in previous game

i. the game mechanic

- flashy combat the player don't even care

- paratroopers everywhere

ii. dialogue wheel

- it isn't necessary

- it's annoying, the players suprised what the character will say

- lot of resources wasted here

iii. story format

- 3 chapters in skip few years each

- chapter 1 is nothing but finding gold for an expedition

- chapter 2 is nothing but being a noble and fighting Qunari

- chapter 3 is nothing but choose between Mages and Templar

If Bioware didn't change anything but just improve some things from DA:O, 2 years is enough to make another good game, but no...they want create a total new one that look like Mass Effect

Obsidian can make KotOR 2 greater than KotOR even it is unfinished and rushed, it is because using the previous game template, only improve in some areas, then focus on making the game better

Edited by Qistina

KOTOR2 is not better than KOTOR1. They are both overrated average games.

- "chapter 1 is nothing but finding gold for an expedition

- chapter 2 is nothing but being a noble and fighting Qunari

- chapter 3 is nothing but choose between Mages and Templar"

Basically BG2.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I didn't say that, but it's fairly obvious that publishers can screw the pooch, considering how some of Obsidian's releases have been treated.

I read some horror story that some call centre manager was promoted to an insanely important position (unless that was Hudson?). Although that story about Hudson shutting people out...Jesus.

That said, I didn't have much of a problem with the RGB ending for ME3. Not as much as I had with Human Revolution's anyway. I felt satisfied with the Redux ending they did. Not a popular opinion but it's how it is.

• Like 1

You read my post.

Alice: Return of Jafar is actually a quite good game -- I like the dark, edgy reinterpretation of Lewis Carroll's story,  despite the fact that the original story was always pretty messed up when originally being about a middle-aged-man's attempt to get inside a teenage girl's pants.. The combat could have been better though.

Anyway, Dragons.

Edited by TheChris92

Looks terrible.

I'm pretty sure that was Lando Calrisian at the end there. Guys in white armor looked about as much use as stormtroopers, maybe that was it. 

You really think this looks terrible? Did you like Origins? Or did you never liked any part in this series? Personally I really love what I have seen so far. Yes there are a lot of promises that still needs to be proven true but man the difference between 2 and this is mindblowing in my opinion. I am really excited to play this game.  Just like I was to play Origins. Yes stuff like the dialogue wheel are terrible and I wish they would remove that but this is long gone i fear. It is still a mainstream RPG game and always will be. 

Looks terrible.

I'm pretty sure that was Lando Calrisian at the end there. Guys in white armor looked about as much use as stormtroopers, maybe that was it. 

Can you elaborate? I'm seriously not getting the hate for this game when everything points to the fact that Bioware will pull it out of the bag. One dicey game and a buggered up ending and any RPG community I go to treats it like the end of the world.

• Like 1

You read my post.

Looks terrible.

Can you elaborate? I'm seriously not getting the hate for this game when everything points to the fact that Bioware will pull it out of the bag. One dicey game and a buggered up ending and any RPG community I go to treats it like the end of the world.

It was not one lazy bugged up game it was the whole Philosophy Bioware or EA had during the whole Mass Effect (since 2) and DA2 era. And yeah they also lost me as a fan who buys everything Bioware related at that point. But DA3 so far looks like they really have learned a lot from the feedback they have gotten with their last 3 games.  And I am glad they did.  For me Origins was a hopeful light and a reason to be excited again about a Bioware game but that sadly went completely away with their last games. Now my last hope will be DA3 to see if they can still make true RPGs.

mod come block the topic, banned me and say "religious topic, end of line!"

That is their attitude

Stanley Woo once banned me for simply mentioning piracy.

Well i got banned making new post in Off Topic section about environment issue, after few replies, he come in and say "real life political issue... end of line"...F him...

Part 2: 

Oi I saw some tactical combat here, I like. Graphically excellent, the dragon fight looked good, and the areas did seem large, all in all I like what I saw.. However the dialogue wheel( :x) and those god damn mage animations, why does it have to be a dancing mage?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Dancing mages are cool, apparently.

I know there was a mode in ME3 or DA2 where you could turn off the emoticons in the middle of the wheel...if they're gonna keep the wheel there should be an option to randomize the placement of the options, so no more:

left up: 'good' special option

left middle: more convo options

left down: 'bad' special option

right up: 'good' normal option

right middle: 'neutral' normal option

right down: 'bad' normal option

Flip it all about and watch hilarity ensue!

You read my post.