Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

I've had a few rage quits when the game got annoyingly difficult.. Like 3 misses with +70% to hit and then 2 jams, causing me to lose - but that reminds me of the good old days and I feel all the more awesome when I actually complete a level now. Guess we're all just masochists... ;) 

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm, came out of the Titan Canyon after having completed that section, got sent to the Prison..to find the Red Scorpions had killed everyone in the valley and getting rants about how I'd killed some of them on my previous visit.. which is odd, since I didn't kill any Scorpions there...

Is that just a glitch, or does that pretty much happen on every run through? Is there a way for those miserable and poor farmers you meet to be alive before you head to LA?

This is what happened to me so I started over. This time I'm going to do the prison before moving on instead of coming back to it.

Heh, I did the prison, and killed Dantforth before going to the Canyon in the Beta. And it broke the game. Ended up with me still getting the radio messages about having to go to the Prison to checkout the Scorpions before I could go any further.. but I'd already wiped them out and salted the earth...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

earlier in this thread we noted that a single respec could be a boon to lazy developers. case in point: either the leadership skill description is busted or the skill itself is busted. at the moment, we have a goodly number of points invested in a skill that is half as effective as indicated, which makes it full of suck. is going to be extreme disappointing if leadership is working as intended but description is incorrect. 

then again, for old tyme fans o' crpgs, is a bit like fallout outdoorsman, no? the "spin the wheel" approach to game development is so 1997.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Having a poke around Rodina in LA.

Hm. spiked the drink of Pat the Axe, fed the tainted possum meat to Biggun, but can't seem to figure out how to get the last guy... Swear there's got to be something about spiking bottled water with tequila or something but can't find anything that works. 

Got the tequila recipe after doing a stealthy bank heist, but that doesn't provide anything...

man, the prison is easily the worst area in the first Act (and Titan canyon is probably the best). what the hell were they thinking passing that area  :banghead:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Have yet to get to Prison or canyon yet, but Rail Nomads drive me nuts because of the map. I can't tell where I am and it's also a big map with a lot of dead ends. 

It gets better later, imo. By now I can navigate the location pretty much blind. It looks confusing as hell, but there really aren't that many "places of interest".

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Anyone want to lend me their PC so I can play this? I'm stuck with a crappy old laptop.

Just overnight it to me by Fedex, kthx.

I should try when I get home. Beta had poor perf, but release might have improved.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anyone want to lend me their PC so I can play this? I'm stuck with a crappy old laptop.

I should try when I get home. Beta had poor perf, but release might have improved.

am personally considering shelving this until the first major patch... as is our ordinary custom with pc games. we never buy pc games til at least after the first patch, and recently we have been waiting for up to a year after release. 

unfortunately, torment, wl2 and poe is already purchased and paid for by Gromnir through kickstarter.

*grumble*

there is presently more than a few busted quests and features, and while the game is very stable on our pc, we have seen more than a few complaints o' endemic crashing. actually, the game is extreme stable on our rig, all things considered-- give credit where credit is due. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I haven't had a single crash or glitch out in that way...

The only oddities I've had is the not being able to return to hand in Sue's quest because the airlock was shut to the West farm at the Ag Centre, and the oddity of the Prison where I got yelled at for having killed Red Scorpions there when I didn't on my first visit.

"unfortunately, torment, wl2 and poe is already purchased and paid for by Gromnir through kickstarter.

*grumble*"

Then don't back KS. Just wait to pay for games later liek you claim you do. 

As for me, the game seems fine bugs wise but it does give me a blue screen of death that restarts my computer once and awhile. SCARY!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"unfortunately, torment, wl2 and poe is already purchased and paid for by Gromnir through kickstarter.

*grumble*"

As for me, the game seems fine bugs wise but it does give me a blue screen of death that restarts my computer once and awhile. SCARY!

40+ hours in. So far, not a single crash. Only notable gameplay bug so far is sometimes when I swap my squad members' weapons too quickly, the previously selected squad member will swap theirs rather than the currently selected. A long standing bug, but admittedly, it is much, much less common than it used to be. There are a few inconsistencies in descriptions (i.e. leadership supposedly giving +2% to hit chance per level, but actually giving +1%).

Also, after very long play sessions I occasionally get some odd graphical artifacts... black shapes on the terrain. I think it's memory related, as killing and launching the game fixes it.

Mind you, I'm only ~35% through the game, so there's chances for things to deteriorate. But thus far, I'm thinking, pretty damn solid for a day one release.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

*grumble*"

am seeing that vol doesn't understand how kickstarters work.  based on considerable experience, we start reading any vol response with an assumption that he doesn't know what he is talking about. thanks for reinforcing our current behavior.

HA! Good Fun!

I haven't experienced such a thing even in beta, but then again I have a fantastic rig that runs Metro: LL without a frame dropped. Brag, swag, pirouette and bow.

I do believe there are *whirl* certain programmes intended to alleviate such issues available free of charge. *GRAND FLOURISH*

My computer is well past the recommended settings. That's not an issue. I personally blame Steam. Outside of PE Beta, WL2 is the only game I've played on Steam. It's the only explaination for BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My computer is well past the recommended settings. That's not an issue. I personally blame Steam. Outside of PE Beta, WL2 is the only game I've played on Steam. It's the only explaination for BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

Many things can cause BSOD, but it is normally an incompatibility between hardware and software. I would start with your video drivers, have you updated them?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*yawn*

:lol:

Sorry for trying to help Volo

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

am personally considering shelving this until the first major patch... as is our ordinary custom with pc games. we never buy pc games til at least after the first patch, and recently we have been waiting for up to a year after release. 

I also only play any PC game after the first official patch. So normally I wait for a month or so

John Milton