Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

Just completed the game -- 108 hours.

Subtract 5-6 hours of that savescumming, obsessive money grinding, and we have 100+ hours for Wasteland 2.

Worth every minute of it.

not even six whole days has elapsed since the game were released. did you use a beta save or somesuch, 'cause otherwise we figure you potential had maybe 20 hours or less where you were not playing the game this last week? 

am at a loss for an appropriate comment.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

*yawn*

:lol:

Sorry for trying to help Volo

There is no helping the little guy.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm making my way through the Rail Nomad Camp at the moment.  My party just reached lev 10, so I got my first stat upgrade (I'm playing this super duper slow).  I should probably do the prison eventually, but I kind of figure there will be some big nasties in there, so I'm clearing some of the other areas first to beef up my party.  I've gotten my team some pretty decent weaponry, so I can dish out a good bit of damage rather quickly, and I'm all types of loaded up on ammo at the moment, so I don't have to be shy about pulling the trigger.  All that saving ammo and using melee weapons whenever I felt I could get away with it earlier in the game has paid off in regards to how much ammo I have to work with now.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

not even six whole days has elapsed since the game were released. did you use a beta save or somesuch, 'cause otherwise we figure you potential had maybe 20 hours or less where you were not playing the game this last week? 

HA! Good Fun!

On a personal sabbatical-- It sort of began with the rpg/tactical munchies I began having.

I got Xenonauts, and saw how it actually improved upon original X-Com (not the firaxis abomination), and actually make it deeper.

Then I started my yearly tradition of Jagged Alliance 2 (with 1.13 mod) and spent dozens of hours on it. Few games come close to SirTech's perfect product.

Then, as you said, I finally started Wasteland 2 with a beta save I had from around Damonta, 40ish hours already upto that point.

Now its time to properly test PoE, and play this little fallout1-esque gem called Underrail occasionally.

HA! Good Fun!

On a personal sabbatical-- It sort of began with the rpg/tactical munchies I began having.

I got Xenonauts, and saw how it actually improved upon original X-Com (not the firaxis abomination), and actually make it deeper.

Then I started my yearly tradition of Jagged Alliance 2 (with 1.13 mod) and spent dozens of hours on it. Few games come close to SirTech's perfect product.

Then, as you said, I finally started Wasteland 2 with a beta save I had from around Damonta, 40ish hours already upto that point.

Now its time to properly test PoE, and play this little fallout1-esque gem called Underrail occasionally.

How many hours did you play WL2 each day? Even with the save game its still an impressive amount of time on a game to finish it that quickly

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There's a good selection of portraits here. I got a good 20ish in the game's style.

98% of the female rangers are supermodels, which is par for the course as far as custom portraits go, I guess.  Nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks, and all that jazz.  I personally like my rangers to look highly weathered.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah unfortunately, but most artist seem to only make cute girls with big assets - same for most RPG portraits/characters. But I did feel most of the men were all right.

Edit: haha, the goats in the Prison level are hilarious.. I used animal friend to have them follow me.

Basically this for 30 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTwoovgLyU

Fortune favors the bald.

Anyone got their hands on retail edition? Is it DRM free or Deep Silver decided to go the Steam only way? Retail Ranger Edition is here much much cheaper than any Digital Download offer on market, but I am currently on a business trip and I am not able to check the box myself :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

My box has not yet arrived. I expect that is also the case for quite a few other people given the delays with physical rewards. 

Hmm that brings another question. Is the KS box version the same as retail box version?

Ok, then the ranger edition will be Steam as well, to bad :(

did a search for patch references and found at least one post suggesting that there would be something made available tomorrow.

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9017&p=123187&hilit=patch#p123187

but keep in mind this is a random poster and we don't see developer corroboration as yet. much o' the recent wl2 info we have received via random posts has been hit & miss.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fargo tweeted this earlier today:

@BrianFargo: Expect the first patch for Wasteland 2 in the next 24 hours...we will post the build notes. And yes save games will be fine.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

@BrianFargo: Expect the first patch for Wasteland 2 in the next 24 hours...we will post the build notes. And yes save games will be fine.

So glad he made the comment about saved games. My heart was otherwise about to drop.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

So glad he made the comment about saved games. My heart was otherwise about to drop.

But its okay if saved games get wiped because then it gives you a chance to play the game again and learn all new things? Isn't that part of the fun of gaming :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But its okay if saved games get wiped because then it gives you a chance to play the game again and learn all new things? Isn't that part of the fun of gaming :biggrin:

I've played the Arizona stuff 4 times already during the beta. I'm enjoying my fifth run through, but I'm living to get to LA.

I play slowly and completely. If I had to start over at the beginning again, that would seriously suck! I scheduled a 4 day weekend for myself last weekend, and played for a good portion of that, and only got hallway through Arizona. I still have a ways to get to L.A. I will probably take Steam offline just to be safe.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I started another game. This is my Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles party.

W2TCCC.jpg

W2TCCC1.jpg

W2TCCC2.jpg

W2Sar.jpg

W2John.jpg

W2Cam.jpg

W2Der.jpg

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, I finished it up.. and got to enjoy the "epilogue"... where I was told that people I'd killed were alive and making things horrible, people I'd actually saved were dead, and groups I'd made peace between had actually slaughtered one another because there had been no peace..

Okay, about half of the "and so and so happened" was based on my actions, but the other half were all very strange considering I kept going asking whether it had played the same game I had...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."