What are you playing now

The Gamersgate version used to be stand alone but a couple patches ago they decided to drop support for it in favor of all Steam everything. Paradox did give Steam keys to everyone who bought the GG version which was nice but Steam sucks for manual version control

I think CK2 was their last game that isn't (or wasn't origianlly) a Steam exclusive 

What? But... why? Another developer to scratch off my list, then. Bah.

Thanks for the heads up.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I reached Pripyat via the tunnels, full squad intact.  It's not quite as intense a journey when you've been through it several times, but still enjoyable.  The Monolith ambush was quite fun.  I brought Lynx along for the ride (in addition to Strelok's SIG 550 and Predator [i had forgotten you get it for killing the chimera]), so the Monolith snipers never stood a chance.  I can snipe better than you, fellas.

The end game is drawing rapidly near.  Next order of business is getting both sets of calibration tools.

I'm not sure why, but the SIG 550's been my favorite NATO rifle throughout all the Stalker games, even though it's supposed to be a lower grade weapon than, say, the G36...or even the FN2000, (I like the G36 almost just as well, but I really do not care at all for the FN2000). Although Strelok really always seemed more like a Warsaw Pact kind of guy to me...but maybe that's just projection on my part, as I tend to like them more than the NATO weapons. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Guest Slinky

I wanted to play some CK2 but Steam decided to ignore my do not update this game setting and broke all the mods I was running

Thanks Steam and Paradox, really, thanks

Has that setting ever worked in any game during Steam's over 10 years of existence?

Ridiculous really.

There are so many things that could have been done differently in the Witcher 2, but it obviously has something going for it since I played it for 8 hours straight yesterday.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I got to play Child of Light for about 25 minutes this morning, so far so good, but now I have to go to work.  Fooey!  Work, always ruining everything.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got to play Child of Light for about 25 minutes this morning, so far so good, but now I have to go to work.  Fooey!  Work, always ruining everything.  :p

Play some more when you get back from work. I'd like to hear some impressions.

It is deffinitly on my wishlist.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wanted to play some CK2 but Steam decided to ignore my do not update this game setting and broke all the mods I was running

Thanks Steam and Paradox, really, thanks

Has that setting ever worked in any game during Steam's over 10 years of existence?

Ridiculous really.

There is a file you can edit that hides a game from the update function, or rather, the game can't 'phone home' anymore to make checks. I never tried it myself.

I have noticed that STEAM will arbitrarily destroy game installations and any attempt to start the game will run the installer instead and you will have to download all the game files again even though they are already in their folder.. I don't know if this is related to DRM or updates, but I've had it happen with havily modded Skyrim and Xcom.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Play some more when you get back from work. I'd like to hear some impressions.

It is deffinitly on my wishlist.

I fully intend to, and I'll report back once I have some hours under my belt.  From the very brief time I had with the game this morning I can tell you that the game is breathtakingly gorgeous, but I think it's safe to assume everybody already knew that.  The combat is like Grandia where there is a timer that runs and shows all the characters and enemies and when a character reaches its active point on the timer, the time stops and you can select an action from the menu.  Actions take varying amounts of time to "cast" and can be interrupted if you get hit during "casting".  I only engaged in a few battles that were quite straightforward.  I'm sure it gets more complex later on.

Edit:  Also, everybody speaks in rhyme, which can be either amusing or annoying, depending on your point of view.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished 9th playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and finally got Platinum Trophy. After 152 hours :) Still need to get few weapon drops to have the game finished on 100%. Will play little bit again after few months :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I do believe that I may have become a little too good at Severance: Blade of Darkness, i'm currently just starting the Island of Karum and have yet to take even one blow, then again when played correctly the Dwarf Naglfar is a little op. May have to restart as Tukaram or Sargon, maybe do a little tinkering with the stats file.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Since I've got nothing else on the go, I broke down and picked up the new Metal Gear game.  The short one that's supposed to be some sort of prologue to the game coming out next year.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fought the Skeleton Lords. When I first laid eyes upon the Bonewheels that had dropped into the arena I immediately seized up in terror. It was then I took a hit from them and realised that From Software in a brief moment of totally uncharacteristic charity had nerfed them significantly.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Fought the Skeleton Lords. When I first laid eyes upon the Bonewheels that had dropped into the arena I immediately seized up in terror. It was then I took a hit from them and realised that From Software in a brief moment of totally uncharacteristic charity had nerfed them significantly.

Well ... if you're crazy and you kill all 3 lords at once, bonewheels are terrifying. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Guest Slinky

I do believe that I may have become a little too good at Severance: Blade of Darkness, i'm currently just starting the Island of Karum and have yet to take even one blow, then again when played correctly the Dwarf Naglfar is a little op. May have to restart as Tukaram or Sargon, maybe do a little tinkering with the stats file.

How's the dwarf op? I've given him only a quick test and to me he felt like the knight but just less agile, so I never went for a full playthrough with him.

Now putting out feelers for anyone willing to trade a Moonlight Greatsword to me, since me being a From fan and having bought nearly all the Armored Core games I couldn't not get a sword that was called "Moonlight". I could use a Bonfire Ascetic for that boss, but either out of me being OCD and not wanting a portion of the game to be permanently harder than the rest for all subsequent playthroughs, or me being scared I'm not anxious to do that. Surely there's players out there whose characters are too "stoopid" to use it anyways.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. A good old 3D platformer with some mini-games here and there. I'm actually not a fan of min-games, but they are easy to complete and not very long. So far, I like it better than Sly 2 and 3, but not as much as Sly 1. After this, I will dive into Puppeteer. I tried the demo and enjoyed it. Both games, I got via PS+.

Further thoughts on combat in Child of Light:  Most of the reviews I read before playing suggested that the standard difficulty setting was a bit too easy and that it would be advisable to play the game on hard difficulty, which I am doing.  I've never played on normal difficulty, so I can't comment on it, but hard difficulty seems to provide a decent bit of challenge.  It's still not particularly hard, so far, but it does prevent mindless button mashing, forcing you to plan carefully.  The first boss battle I encountered exemplified this, as I died my first 2 tries, which quickly forced me to learn how to best use Ignacius' abilities to help me in battle (he can light up to either heal an ally or slow down an enemy, but his light meter is limited).  The interrupt mechanic adds a lot of depth to combat as I've found myself strategically changing targets or slowing targets down or even releasing the slow effect on them to time my attacks to interrupt enemies.  Overall I find the combat quite satisfying, which isn't that surprising since I was a big fan of Grandia's combat system.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Further thoughts on combat in Child of Light:  Most of the reviews I read before playing suggested that the standard difficulty setting was a bit too easy and that it would be advisable to play the game on hard difficulty, which I am doing.  I've never played on normal difficulty, so I can't comment on it, but hard difficulty seems to provide a decent bit of challenge.  It's still not particularly hard, so far, but it does prevent mindless button mashing, forcing you to plan carefully.  The first boss battle I encountered exemplified this, as I died my first 2 tries, which quickly forced me to learn how to best use Ignacius' abilities to help me in battle (he can light up to either heal an ally or slow down an enemy, but his light meter is limited).  The interrupt mechanic adds a lot of depth to combat as I've found myself strategically changing targets or slowing targets down or even releasing the slow effect on them to time my attacks to interrupt enemies.  Overall I find the combat quite satisfying, which isn't that surprising since I was a big fan of Grandia's combat system.

If it is anything like Grandia, I might have to give this a go once I have a smaller backlog.

I'm currently slithering around Big-MT on my **** tipped feet.  I found the humour a bit jarring last time but after watching every episode of Venture Bros I've warmed to it, with the amount of stuff to do it probably is the best DLC of both Bethesda published games, Honest Hearts is still beautiful and elegant though.

How's the dwarf op? I've given him only a quick test and to me he felt like the knight but just less agile, so I never went for a full playthrough with him.

It's the little fellows side dodge speed and distance, he's second only to the Amazon in these terms. Both Sargon and Tukaram are much slower to react and though the Barbarian covers around the same distance, the Knight covers far less. This necessitates playing Naglfar as a counter striker to my mind, and I find him to be extremely useful as such. Wait for the enemy to strike, dodge and then strike oneself.

Edit: The chaps offensive moveset helps as well, they may not be as damaging as the Barbarians but they are quick to pull off (even the specials) and recover from, meaning he's quite good at picking a foe apart.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Can big enemies like minotaur/golem/shadow knight even hit the lil bugger?

The barbarian has very cool weapons but his combos are annoyingly slow. And he gets a blunt weapon only very late in the game.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.