What you did today

Tale

It's finger cancer man. You're not long for this world.

am recalling our boss from the short period o' time we were at us attorney office. guy comes into work with his right hand middle-finger heavily wrapped in gauze-- had a little tube sticking out o' the end o' the bandages. apparently the tube were to allow puss and other nastiness drain from his terrible infected digit.  ick. turns out that he got finger lacerated when trying to clear grass from lawnmower. and o'course the mower were running when he tried to clear the grass.  this is from almost twenty years ago, so please recognize that average lawnmower were a bit more primitive and dangerous at the time. 

our boss didn't seem like an idiot, but am guessing we all do extreme stupid stuff from time-to-time. 

HA! Good Fun!

If it had been a splint, I would have assumed setup. I mean, I have an absolute turd of a case with an oral hearing at the court of appeal next Monday, I'd do anything to have an excuse to give everybody the finger there (they gave the junkie that beat my client up a new hearing in the most obvious case in the history of mankind)...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Woke up with a hangover, and watched some of True Detective with a girl.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Unreal Tournament is one of the best and purest shooters ever. What does the mutator do? Something fun? I remember one mutator that made the pulsegun shoot titan boulders.

I'm always amazed at how quick those twitch skills come back when you play for a while.. A mutator is a change to core mechanics, it can be everyone has bobbleheads, or that you heal when you give damage etc. Something that "mutates" the gameplay.

Fortune favors the bald.

I miss Tribes and the skiing duels I used to have long ago. Another routine day, feels like SSDW :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Time for some whining.

Saturday: Some on broke into my place.

Sunday: Clean up the mess.

Monday: Renew debit card, passport, etc. The 1000kr bill I pay with at the police office turns out to be fake. Sit there for an hour, explain you don't know wtf is going on. get a bad headache during the evening. Fever and feeling ill. No sleep at all.

Tuesday: Wake up, whole body aching, diarrhea and and headache still a fact.

Wednesday: ???

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.

Thursday: Same as the two days before. Plus my brother tells me he has chest pains. Not so bad, he says. Looks like a wreck, I tell him. Order my other brother that has his final exam today to drive my wreck brother to the ER. I call 90 minutes later and ask what is going on. They don't say at first, so I tell them that means something is wrong. Heart inflammation... The moron would not have went if I hadn't ordered him to.

I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to.

captainpicardwtfisthis****.gif

My doctor says I have "white coat syndrome" which means my blood pressure readings are remarkably unreliable around doctors in white coats...

I recommmend you immediately try to get yourself polygraphed. Just to mess with the technicians.

Try to see if you can convince them of any really weird 'truths'.

For example: You supplied the incredibly powerful cinnamon gum which blew the back of Kennedy's head off.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Something positive for a change. Turns out my brother didn't have heart inflammation after further tests and readings. I also ate something that has some taste in it. Spaghetti bolognese has never tasted so good in my entire life. I almost cried tears of joy while eating. I ate what I would call a kid's meal, but who cares! Real food!  :bow:  :wub:  :aiee:  :banana: I actually had all of these feelings.

Thats good news, people die from heart inflammations. What symptoms does your brother have? Sounds very serious even without an actual inflammation.... 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thats good news, people die from heart inflammations. What symptoms does your brother have? Sounds very serious even without an actual inflammation.... 

Chest pain, but not really where the heart is, slightly under. He can't move his torso right/left without it hurting. He's tired and that's it, I think. No problems with his breathing, etc. It was a nurse that gave the first diagnosis, but then the doctor came and took a look at him and they ran an EKG. Seems it's a virus. last week, he had what I have had this week. The thing is that he went back to working out earlier than he should. Couple that with stress and this is what happened. He'll be on painkillers and can actually go to work if he feels he can. Basically, nothing was done to ease the pain other than the painkillers. As long as it isn't the heart, I will look at this positively. (I will secretly keep an eye on him.)  :ninja:

I'm not a doctor but maybe its a minor diaphragm fissure; had that on my right side of the chest, right where the liver is. I think I injured it when I tried to deadlift 180kg or so with bad form. Did your brother lift something very heavy before the pain started? 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Nah, he woke up in the middle of the night. He seemed perfectly fine the day before and I don't think he had been working out. I'll go pester him for more details later. First, I must make sure that I do not crap my pants unwillingly because I still have no control over my a**.

Price of coffee went up by $0.15, great. Also had some weirdo come up to me and tell me I should use honey in my coffee not sugar for health reasons.  Not sure what that was about though.

Yes the coffee price was set to go up because of the bad rain in Brazil effecting the coffee crops . That guy is right by the way, honey is better for you..but I suppose you are already so sweet you don't need to become sweeter :biggrin:

Trouble is that most honey you buy in supermarkets is so diluted it's basically just syrup with beehive for thickener. Real honey, like what they sell at the side of the road, or increasingly in cities with rooftop hives, has all that goodness from the flowers.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Price of coffee went up by $0.15, great. Also had some weirdo come up to me and tell me I should use honey in my coffee not sugar for health reasons.  Not sure what that was about though.

g

Yes the coffee price was set to go up because of the bad rain in Brazil effecting the coffee crops . That guy is right by the way, honey is better for you..but I suppose you are already so sweet you don't need to become sweeter :biggrin:

Trouble is that most honey you buy in supermarkets is so diluted it's basically just syrup with beehive for thickener. Real honey, like what they sell at the side of the road, or increasingly in cities with rooftop hives, has all that goodness from the flowers.

Good point and you right. If you not buying it relatively fresh it wont have as much nutritional goodness

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So, our DM has decided to try her hand at Dark Heresy...

Her: "...and where my character is coming from, there is no crime, because everything was monitored by a master computer, a transhuman intelligence, and everybody can access the archives.  In the last 2000 years, Veritas IV has not known war..."

Me: "So we have complained about the mary sue factor of your previous campaign... and your answer is to go ahead and throw a whole PLANET OF THEM at us?"

*Sigh*.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Sounds like she needs to read the background fluff a bit more.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lady GD, the REAL GD & I are leaving town tomorrow for a nice long vacation to the Florida Keys. Ya'll be cool until I get back!

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lady GD, the REAL GD & I are leaving town tomorrow for a nice long vacation to the Florida Keys. Ya'll be cool until I get back!

have fun. we like the keys. pretty much all the stuff we like 'bout the caribbean, but w/o the malaria and yellow fever. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The biggest benefit from those local honeys is they will help with allergies.  Consuming all that local pollen is a fantastic way to build up immunity.

I was about to say that in spite of my globe-trotting past with several local honies hasn't helped my allergies one bit, but then I realized you were talking about the stuff bees make.

• Like 3

The biggest benefit from those local honeys is they will help with allergies.  Consuming all that local pollen is a fantastic way to build up immunity.

I was about to say that in spite of my globe-trotting past with several local honies hasn't helped my allergies one bit, but then I realized you were talking about the stuff bees make.

:lol:

You make me laugh

Do your work colleagues appreciate your sense of humour as much as we do?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol:

You make me laugh

Do your work colleagues appreciate your sense of humour as much as we do?

More so.

have fun. we like the keys. pretty much all the stuff we like 'bout the caribbean, but w/o the malaria and yellow fever. 

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, but the beaches suck. Or at least they did last time I was there ~20 years ago. Full of seaweed and rocks. :down:

The bars rock though and if you ever get a chance to attend a Fantasy Fest I highly recommend it.

Fantasy Fest is hilariously fun provided you don't mind a lot of people not wearing not a lot of things they shouldn't never not wear.

Spent the evening on a mini Star Trek TNG marathon with the missus. She had never seen it and it's on Netflix and I'd been meaning to rewatch the whole series. The starts aligned as the prophecy foretold and much fun was had by all

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

So, an aquaintence is thinking of doing a start up company that's basically a version of the one I'm with that goes to another city (In this case, Iowa City). He keeps prodding me saying that he's gonna drag me into it as manager because I know how to set up everything (which I honestly halfway know), and may be offering me a job in the next few weeks. But I'm not sure if I'd even want to take it given that I've still got about 6 months of classes to go before I have a degree.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.