RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Homeworld rerelease collector's edition will contain a 12-inch, light-up Mothership

Looking at that takes me back... right around the time I was playing Homeworld, my parents also gave me a model Klingon battleship to build and paint. It's recursive nostalgia, I tell you.

Dammit people! Now the collector's edition is going to be an extra $25 with an extra large crappy plastic statue that needs to be plugged in. >_<

I really want this but its going to be way too expensive for me with the shipping and customs. (more like 200$)

Its just not worth it, even if its one of the best games I ever played. 

Funny how appealing collectors editions look until you find out that all the extra stuff does is take up space and collect dust.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I always thought Grey Delisle (Viconia, Jeanette) was the best voice actress in the video games world, but my respect for her just grew exponentially. She knows what proper humor is and that's a rare quality in a woman. Especially in such a hot woman with such a great talent.

greydelisle.png

I don't think you understand what humor is.

Making fun of domestic abuse is not humor.

• Like 2

You switch broke on dead serious, huh.

• Like 2

You switch broke on dead serious, huh.

I know this is no surprise but I agree 100 % with Bryy, there are some topics around social justice that really aren't funny or shouldn't be considered humorous. Jokes about topics like  rape and domestic abuse I fail to see how anyone can find them in anyway remotely funny

What humour does around these topics is detract from the seriousness of the subject, I'm not saying that just because people laugh at rape jokes that makes then supportive of rape but it doesn't help with the societal problem of addressing the problem at every level

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Black humor is about "very real and very harmful stuff" by its very nature. That's the definition. You're just drawing your own line and pronouncing whatever is on the other side as distasteful.

That said, I'm not defending her - I haven't read anything she wrote so it may very well yet another sucky thing written on the internets.

It always amazes me how 1) people on this forum let themselves get baited into arguments with the selfish-idiots-brigade, and 2) there are intelligent, smart posters who do not have certain people on their ignore list.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It always amazes me how 1) people on this forum let themselves get baited into arguments with the selfish-idiots-brigade, and 2) there are intelligent, smart posters who do not have certain people on their ignore list.

Well for me I don't like to ignore anyone because if I blocked everyone who had a different or dissenting view to me I would have very few people to debate with and often the discussions are interesting :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meh.  I'm not impressed by any speedrun that uses scripts and/or console cheats.  I beat this game in 20 minutes when my character could fly and move at 10 times the speed.  Whoopty doo.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Meh.  I'm not impressed by any speedrun that uses scripts and/or console cheats.  I beat this game in 20 minutes when my character could fly and move at 10 times the speed.  Whoopty doo.

As far as I see the scripts they use aren't cheats at all, and as for how he moves, isn't that just bunny hopping?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

http://www.ccpgames.com/en/public-relations/press-releases/article/77171/ccp-games-halts-development-of-world-of-darkness-mmo/

CCP Games today announced that they have cancelled the World of Darkness massively multiplayer online (MMO) game project in development in their Atlanta, GA studio. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO 

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Thread pruned.. All right, stick to video game news. I'll delete any further derailment and then I'll be handing out warnings.

Alpha male. ;D

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's a shame, I just remembered it the other day and thought they were probably working on it.

I did wonder how they were going to make the game work. To make a credible vampire/werewolf/mage game you'd need enormous urban environments because these creatures are rare and a huge system to generate NPC's to make the town come alive, along with everything else. To me it always sounded a bit like over-reaching from a company whose primary MMO has far less content. 

It was my opinion at the time (and it still is) that its beyond the cost effectiveness of current technology (if the game is to look any good).

Thread pruned.. All right, stick to video game news. I'll delete any further derailment and then I'll be handing out warnings.

Alpha male. ;D

Pfeh, typical patriarchial behaviour.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In regards to WoD being cancelled, I can't say I'm surprised.  It was announced a lifetime ago, and there was never any real progress shown.  

Plus isn't CCP working on some Eve MMO where you get out of your ships more?

The awesome fighting style of intense LMB mash.

Critical damage is now a feature?