RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I posted a link to that a while back. The gameplay looks boring but the art direction is superb.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I posted a link to that a while back. The gameplay looks boring but the art direction is superb.

My bad.  I should have checked more carefully.  :blush:

From that video it looks a lot like Aquaria, which isn't a bad thing in my book.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/04/transistor-arrives-may-20-on-ps4-and-pc/

Bastion blew me away, I'm certainly buying transistor.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/04/transistor-arrives-may-20-on-ps4-and-pc/

Bastion blew me away, I'm certainly buying transistor.

I had not even heard about this before, but it sound really cool and Bastion was great.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Malc: I watched it. Why on earth is the audience behaving like Beatles-fans, and over this, at that? It looks like a space shooter with seven years on its back. It's way too sluggish for me, and the shooting effects are too measly. So, in essence, this is the notorious Star Citizen, with mp, of course?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well firstly because 'gamers' are twits at events like this.  But it is nice to see something from this, it is pre-alpha as well.   I wish the view were cleaner, so something out of Freespace where it's all translucent HUD elements rather than you getting the immersion of your ship's fuselage in your way (but Roberts seems to dig stuff like that).

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do you have any idea how fast and furious the game will be? And will it be large-scale spaceship battles faction vs faction? Perhaps you'll even see great Enterprise and Galactica starships and battleships. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've not really followed the game that much but I don't believe there'll be player controlled capital ships.  I imagine most of the SC fans would find that boring (a peeve how people say EVE needs direct control...when you're piloting a massive BS or cruiser.).  The dogfighting should be pretty fast paced,

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think it looks nice. There definitely is a bit of hype train going there though.

Independence War 2 pretty much ruined Wing Commander type gameplay for me. That game was almost perfect. But I'll play this regardless. If they don't jack the sys req up too much. Based on appearance only the game shouldn't be all that demanding.

Star Citizen looks nice enough.  I wasn't exactly blown away by the video, but I wasn't put off by it either.  The game looks very combat oriented, as I would expect from Chris Roberts.  I'm a lot more into trading and building a manufacturing and mercantile empire.  With that in mind, Elite: Dangerous will likely be a much better choice for me.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Meh, the closest thing to a space sim I enjoy are games like Homeworld and Sins of a Solar empire, but then again those are not space simulations.

As for Star Citizen, well at least they showed something and we can now be reasonably sure it wasn't some form of a Pyramid scheme.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I found that Star Citizen video funny. Especially the comments I saw. "Shooting at tiny dots, so much fun. Not!!". Well, that's basically all space sims combined into one sentence! From Elite and onward, that's the main ingredient!

People being all nostalgic and **** over space sims seem to have forgotten that part.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=800661

Rumour on new game from Firaxis being Civilization Beyond Earth. In more real news they do have a panel at PAX today

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 6

Guest Slinky

Rumour on new game from Firaxis being Civilization Beyond Earth. In more real news they do have a panel at PAX today

That just could the first full priced AAA game I've bought in the last 3 years.

Wondered why they didn't use Alpha Centauri's name but someone in there mentioned EA holds the rights for it.

I'm so happy I can burst! Great post, Malc!

And in my excitement I posted your link on another forum, and they insta-removed it, and referred to legal reasons. True story. :/

EDIT: I just checked. Some moderators there work for Firaxis. I guess my most recent experience confirms the existence of this game. Yay!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

OMG

tumblr_mmy7173cTR1ry4q0lo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I'm somewhat glad its not a full remake. AC was a pretty self contained story with fully fleshed out concepts I don't think there's more to tell there. 

This is similar but sufficiently new for my tastes. Christmas comes early this year

Of course, a dose of skepticism is in order what with Reynolds not being involved in the project and the Civ V fiasco. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Th_excited.gif

Wowwie, wow, wow, wow.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

While awesome news, AC was more than just another 4x strategy game. The highlights being the lore, writing and factions. In my mind that will be hardest to replicate, if they even bother to try.

Still day one buy.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't think they're going to go for it. This looks like a different project entirely, with only a few of the ideas carried over.

Its okay in my book, the canon ending for AC is for human integration with planet. A thoroughly sci fi concept and the whole game was built around it.

The win condition here is returning to earth, which is a lot less ambitious. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Its probably going to be more Civ in space than AC. AC went much farther than that