RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I just hope they leave out the stuff from Civ5 that made it much less enjoyable than Civ 4, such as no unit stacks and not being able to change civics.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guest Slinky

I just hope they leave out the stuff from Civ5 that made it much less enjoyable than Civ 4, such as no unit stacks and not being able to change civics.

I never really liked unit stacks, though I never really have played as a warmonger in Civ games. Cultural warfare was much more my style in Civ IV.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2grKk4Fv0k

Nice.

The three factions don't sound very sophisticated but I'll give them the benefit of the douby.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I never really liked unit stacks, though I never really have played as a warmonger in Civ games. Cultural warfare was much more my style in Civ IV.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2grKk4Fv0k

I don't mind limiting the number of units in a stack, but 1 unit per tile was stupid. Made moving armies incredibly difficult, as well as building up defense.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guardedly looking forward to it. but the trailer shows that it will not be AC2. AC was not just a Civ on another planet. It was good science fiction. It was well written and it was not affraid to be political (the thing that sets quality science fiction apart from simple scifi (or scyfy *shudder*)).

Will definitly try it, but don't think I'll love it like Alpha Centauri.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I always thought Grey Delisle (Viconia, Jeanette) was the best voice actress in the video games world, but my respect for her just grew exponentially. She knows what proper humor is and that's a rare quality in a woman. Especially in such a hot woman with such a great talent.

greydelisle.png

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I wouldn't be surprised if she's never hired as voice actress again after what the gay lobby did to Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich for donating a thousand bucks to a political movement that supported traditional values. (and not gay values)

Edited by Bester

I wouldn't be surprised if she's never hired as voice actress again after what the gay lobby did to Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich for donating a thousand bucks to a political movement that supported traditional values. (and not gay values)

I don't think that would sit well with her followers.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gay lobby doesn't care, man. All they want is to ruin your life if you're not gay and openly admit it. And once they're onto you and the hunt has begun, they'll persecute you till your tomb. They won't allow companies to hire you, they'll be harassing everyone around you,.... It's the end of your life.

It's like Mel Gibson. He said the Jews killed Jesus and then that was it - no more roles for him for TEN YEARS unless he made his own film.

Edited by Bester

Guardedly looking forward to it. but the trailer shows that it will not be AC2. AC was not just a Civ on another planet. It was good science fiction. It was well written and it was not affraid to be political (the thing that sets quality science fiction apart from simple scifi (or scyfy *shudder*)).

Will definitly try it, but don't think I'll love it like Alpha Centauri.

Sounds like a fairly straight CiV reskin to me, right down to 1UPT*, and CiV was a pretty poor game overall and significantly worse than its predecessor. Also, CivRev is apparently a favourite of the developers...

*Let's fix the one end of the extreme spectrum Stacks of Doom by going completely to the other way on the extreme spectrum, that's sure to work without problems!

Just a reverse of how it used to be when the anti gay brigade were in power. If you were found out to be gay you werein big trouble. Doesn't make it any more right but let's be honest. Pro or anti gay the vast majority of people want to control everyone else. People simply don't believe in TRUE freedom. They want groupthink because that makes thing easier. True story.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just a reverse of how it used to be when the anti gay brigade were in power. If you were found out to be gay you werein big trouble. Doesn't make it any more right but let's be honest. Pro or anti gay the vast majority of people want to control everyone else. People simply don't believe in TRUE freedom. They want groupthink because that makes thing easier. True story.

I didn't know you where capable of rational, moderate opinions. 

At least you would hope that a voice of reason would rise in these types of situations, it seems sensationalism has all but killed rationality unless its for an agenda.

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Sounds like a fairly straight CiV reskin to me, right down to 1UPT*, and CiV was a pretty poor game overall and significantly worse than its predecessor. Also, CivRev is apparently a favourite of the developers...

*Let's fix the one end of the extreme spectrum Stacks of Doom by going completely to the other way on the extreme spectrum, that's sure to work without problems!

And the interview makes it look as if the three factions will be a clearcut choice of where gameplay will take you, instead of social engineering and fine-tuning.

Some of the things sound like... a "dumbed down for console" equivalent of the 4X genre.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Look at that. Another troll  personal attack post by an internet poster. Not surprising.

I thought it was a teasing friendly remark; I must work on my PR.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Look at that. Another troll  personal attack post by an internet poster. Not surprising.

I thought it was a teasing friendly remark; I must work on my PR.

Volo, he was paying you a compliment. And you may think " I don't see it as a compliment" but your posting style in the past has made many people not take what you say seriously. So don't get offended when people make supportive comments of your posts, they are not trolling. They are just surprised :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I always thought Grey Delisle (Viconia, Jeanette) was the best voice actress in the video games world, but my respect for her just grew exponentially. She knows what proper humor is and that's a rare quality in a woman. Especially in such a hot woman with such a great talent.

greydelisle.png

Well if she thinks jokes that are obviously going to offend and hurt peoples feelings are funny then she doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. This is about the perception that you create for yourself

Also Bester sorry to say this but I find your comment "She knows what proper humor is and that's a rare quality in a woman" condescending as you seem to be suggesting that unless a women is dismissive of social justice issues in attempt to be funny then she doesn't understand what a sense of humour is

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Your account has been hacked, admit it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Homeworld rerelease collector's edition will contain a 12-inch, light-up Mothership

Looking at that takes me back... right around the time I was playing Homeworld, my parents also gave me a model Klingon battleship to build and paint. It's recursive nostalgia, I tell you.

Volo, he was paying you a compliment. And you may think " I don't see it as a compliment" but your posting style in the past has made many people not take what you say seriously. So don't get offended when people make supportive comments of your posts, they are not trolling. They are just surprised :)

Backhanded compliments aren't really compliments, no matter how true.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/01/betrayer-review/#more-198291

Guys take a look at this and watch the video, I didn't think a monochrome game would be that great but I think it adds to the excitement in this case

Guys here is a interesting review of this unusual game, if anything it makes me more keen to want to purchase it. So good one Jim Sterling who I normally don't particularly like

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/11243-Betrayer-Review-In-Dying-Color.2

John Milton 

Homeworld rerelease collector's edition will contain a 12-inch, light-up Mothership

Looking at that takes me back... right around the time I was playing Homeworld, my parents also gave me a model Klingon battleship to build and paint. It's recursive nostalgia, I tell you.

Backhanded compliments aren't really compliments, no matter how true.

I hear you but I have also been accused of making " backhanded" comments about people when my intention was to give them a real compliment. The reality is some people have a history and perception around there posting style and most people take time to accept or recognize a change. So sometimes there is nothing malicious or sarcastic about a comment its just that you can't ignore the past behaviour of a member but you want to be supportive of a particular point they have made. I think this is reasonable ? End of the day you can't blame people for having a perception of you if you have done nothing to change that perception

John Milton