What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

'Murica, **** yeah!!!! (in the spirit of South Park)

f27.jpg

Is... is that Ronald Reagan? And why is he armed with a RPG-7?  :shifty:

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I had Lords of Shadows (the first one) on my back log for quite a while and decided to give it a finish. I can say that if the second one has the same director as the first I won't be getting it. I have never seen a game be so dragged down by terrible design choices. That game should be a study case of what happens when bad choices ruin what could had otherwise been an enjoyable experience.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Needs more fighter jets. I didn't even see that F-35 until three minutes into staring at awesome.

I think that's an F-22

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

How long did it take you to make your way through the game. There's been a lot of conflicting numbers.

15 hours to 100% complete the game.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Needs more fighter jets. I didn't even see that F-35 until three minutes into staring at awesome.

I think that's an F-22

You would be correct. The F-35 is a single-engine fighter in the vein of the F-16 where the F-22 is dual engine like its direct predecessor the F-15 air superiority variants. Also the F-35 has forward swept air intakes.

As a sidenote I believe that artist made another one with Bill Clinton:

bill_clinton_the_lady_killer_by_sharpwri

Somewhat odd that he's a gunslinger in this image given that he signed the Assault Weapons Ban into law.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 6
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Ignoring the implications, those are pretty cool pieces of work. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

is... is that Monica?

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Whats on the gators back? Looks like a Ghostbuster containment unit. Hilarious that Clintons fly is unzipped. :lol:

It looks like the "RED BUTTON" for launching a nuclear missile.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Ronald McDonald in the back, hah.  All it needs is Coke somewhere.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Running around in South Park. Paper Mario x South Park is pretty much a spot on description.

It's been fun in a silly way and some item descriptions brought back memories from old shows. Still very early on, so I can't really give very detailed thoughts yet.

Whats on the gators back? Looks like a Ghostbuster containment unit. Hilarious that Clintons fly is unzipped. :lol:

Loved that touch too.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Been playing South Park, just finished the first day (and the um... event following it) and it's OK so far.

Think the thing that kinda throws me off so far is that I actually don't find it that funny yet. I mean, bits of the story are cute and funny but most of the gameplay of running around the town is... I don't know. It's amusing because "hey, you're running around in South Park". But a lot of is just flat out referencing the show with no real humor behind it. You can find a million items that come from the show, but how fun is that? It's just "oooh, I recognize that...yay?".

Hopefully it'll pick up, but I found the first day at least to be unexpectedly boring humor-wise.

The combat is OK so far. Not exactly great but not terrible. I don't find the free-roaming to be hugely rewarding right now as, again, it's very dependant on "this was in the show!" humor.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Think the thing that kinda throws me off so far is that I actually don't find it that funny yet. I mean, bits of the story are cute and funny but most of the gameplay of running around the town is... I don't know. It's amusing because "hey, you're running around in South Park". But a lot of is just flat out referencing the show with no real humor behind it. You can find a million items that come from the show, but how fun is that? It's just "oooh, I recognize that...yay?".

The dialogue during "cutscenes" (if you want to call them that) are pretty funny, but yeah, there's not a lot of funny stuff going on when you're traversing the world.  Some of the messages you get from friends you've made are pretty funny, though.  I chuckled at the message from Butters' father.

Whatever its flaws, I'm finding it addictive though.  I've ended up doing the whole "okay, I'll just play for a bit longer" but then end up playing for hours thing quite a bit since I started playing it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Starting a long awaited rerun of Harvester, and giving the first spins on South Park as Douchebag the Mage.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I think that's an F-22

F-22 Raptor.

I used to think I was hyper-vigilant, keenly aware, observant. Now, I just watch episodes of Jeopardy I've already seen to feel smart. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.