What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Also, while the credits were rolling, I learned that Raz's dad was voiced by Quark from Deep Space Nine.  :thumbsup:

So was Andrew Ryan in Bioshock, which I would never have picked since he sounds nothing like Quark/ Principal Snyder there.

So I played Ni No Kuni for 6 hours yesterday, and this morning my daughter saved her game over all my savegames. Mostly juat due to how the PS3 handles saves. She just kept saving over the bottom of 3 because she thought that was hers, nut it kept making the one she saved over the top one so mine got moved to the bottom.

Sorry to hear about that mate, I think you need to store a backup of your save onto a flash drive. :D
that's a good idea. Luckily the game is half cutscenes, which are skippable, so I've been able to make up about an hour and a half in like 30-40 minutes.

And before anyone badmouths the amount of cutscenes, they're largely animated by Studio Ghibli, so they're actually a selling point of the game.

Any reason she doesn't have her own profile on ps3? :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I feel like playing something chill, so I'm going to get my Euro Truck Simulator 2 on.  Later, I'll play a bit more Shadowrun Dragonfall.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I played Ni No Kuni for 6 hours yesterday, and this morning my daughter saved her game over all my savegames. Mostly juat due to how the PS3 handles saves. She just kept saving over the bottom of 3 because she thought that was hers, nut it kept making the one she saved over the top one so mine got moved to the bottom.

Sorry to hear about that mate, I think you need to store a backup of your save onto a flash drive. :D
that's a good idea. Luckily the game is half cutscenes, which are skippable, so I've been able to make up about an hour and a half in like 30-40 minutes.

And before anyone badmouths the amount of cutscenes, they're largely animated by Studio Ghibli, so they're actually a selling point of the game.

Any reason she doesn't have her own profile on ps3? :grin:

She's 5 and didn't need one because its the first PS3 game I got that she can play

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Finished Castlevania LoS2, great game with the exception of the ending being weaker then the LoS one. Where in LoS they had a whole ending level which ramped you up to the finale where you felt all powerful and badass, in LoS2 you just have one fight that is neither really imaginative, like it was in LoS, nor as satisfying.

I liked the gameplay, I liked the story and I was ok, but not thrilled with the ending. Not as good as the original but definitely a worth while sequel.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Might & Magic X: Legacy

Surprisingly addictive once you get going, has the whole "one more turn" feel but it's instead "one more tile to explore before I quit". The start is a tad slow and I was on the brink of quitting before I remade my party 3 times in order to have better chance to succeed, though I did start at the higher difficulty with disabled hints/tutorials, so might have been my own fault. I've completed 2 Acts now and I find the way they distributed trainers all over the place rather bad design choice, it really limits the way you can build your team so a lot of the potential for customization is lost because you can't reach some of the trainers until very late in the game.

Might & Magic X: Legacy

Surprisingly addictive once you get going, has the whole "one more turn" feel but it's instead "one more tile to explore before I quit". The start is a tad slow and I was on the brink of quitting before I remade my party 3 times in order to have better chance to succeed, though I did start at the higher difficulty with disabled hints/tutorials, so might have been my own fault. I've completed 2 Acts now and I find the way they distributed trainers all over the place rather bad design choice, it really limits the way you can build your team so a lot of the potential for customization is lost because you can't reach some of the trainers until very late in the game.

That design choice is likely a result of sticking to the past too much, as it was that way in older games too.  You can persevere with skills you can't expert until Seahaven, though.  I thought the game started out quite hard on Warrior difficulty and got easier as it went along.  You can get by without raising skills to expert for a while, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.  Once the game opens up it gets easier, to the point that I wish they had another, harder, difficulty (which I may just make myself by editing the config file).  I'm totally with you on the "one more turn" syndrome.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Been playing a bit of Star Wars Jedi Academy with friends, I've also been forcing myself through Dragon Age II and Ride to Hell Retribution

"I got my go go go go go go go go gadget flow" - Lupe Fiasco

Finished Dishonored.  That was a rather short main story.  The "twist" was also pretty obvious early on.  It wasn't really a case of being surprised it happened, but wondering at what point in the story it would happen.

Overall, decent game.  But it felt almost more like an expansion pack than a full length game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Explored a bit more of Grim Dawn. The second act has been added (it's an early access game) although I'm still only in the first and finding my feet. The skill trees and classes (four classes, of which you can choose two) are pretty interesting. I'm building a soldier / demolitionist now to see what happens.

The game is pretty big, there are lots of items and easy but fun crafting of stuff you can add to your weapons and kit, as per most ARPGs. The strange Victorian / Steampunk setting is really growing on me too, the characters look like post-apocalyptic Edwardians armed with DIY melee gear. Although my guy currently looks like The Shoveller from Mystery Men.

All in all, if you liked Titan Quest you'll love this.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Been playing a bit of Star Wars Jedi Academy with friends, I've also been forcing myself through Dragon Age II and Ride to Hell Retribution

Why are you forcing yourself through games?

Play something fun instead!

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Why are you forcing yourself through games?

Play something fun instead!

The only time i would be forcing myself again through DA2 would be in anticipation of DAI and possible port of game saves from one to another.

South Park: The Stick of Truth, though I've only really done character creation and not much else because I gotta head off to work. (*grumble grumble* stupid work always ruining everything)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Grinding through Diablo 3. After never seeing legendaries before, now I'm getting a lot.  Most recent one summons a pack of killer cows, seeing them beat on Diablo was fun.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Bravely Default with over 100 hours. If I find some time to lock myself away with my consoles, I'm going to try getting back to Dead Space 2 next.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started South Park, but like Keyrock I had to go to work shortly after the character creation.

Pros: Character creation is cool, easy to move around, very much like living in the world of South Park.

Con: Checkpoint save system, bleh.

• Like 1

I just finished Bioshock Infinite and I can't believe that Irrational have had to shut down. Infinite is my favourite of their games by far, they really nailed the combat and the storytelling. 

Edited by Serrano

Finished up Shadowrun. Said "Screw sleep" and stayed up too late playing South Park which was a very fun time! :)

Con: Checkpoint save system, bleh.

It did save me when I had a minor quibble with the tutorial that required a reload. I'm pretty sure you can still make your own saves too (I did "Save Game" when I called it a night and picked a slot)