RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Reviews for Thief are out, some sites are gutting it, some are not, but one thing in common is that no one thinks it's a great game.

Yeah, so far the consensus for Thi4f seems to be:  A few truly good side-missions, crappy main story and characters, hit or miss level design, buggy mess.  Seems all the red flags that popped up during this game's development were warranted.

This is just too bad.  I had hoped this would have turned out better, but oh well, maybe stick to Dishonored.

Anyone looking forward to South Park: Stick of Truth?  This game looks good and I believe Obsidian to make a good game, but I haven't watched a lot of South Park and wonder if the greatness of the game will be lost on me.

I am chomping at the bit for South Park.

Reviews for Thief are out, some sites are gutting it, some are not, but one thing in common is that no one thinks it's a great game.

Yeah, so far the consensus for Thi4f seems to be:  A few truly good side-missions, crappy main story and characters, hit or miss level design, buggy mess.  Seems all the red flags that popped up during this game's development were warranted.

This is just too bad.  I had hoped this would have turned out better, but oh well, maybe stick to Dishonored.

Anyone looking forward to South Park: Stick of Truth?  This game looks good and I believe Obsidian to make a good game, but I haven't watched a lot of South Park and wonder if the greatness of the game will be lost on me.

I am chomping at the bit for South Park.

I am ba-chomp ba-chewy-chomping at the bit.  ;)

Clone_Stan_Marsh.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I posted a negative opinion on the thief 4 boards, which I had frequented on and off for 4 years. It got deleted twice. I then got the moderator telling me not to post "aggresive slam posts" again.

I'm posting it again, and I'm getting reddit involved if it gets deleted again, that should sort them out for censoring criticism.

http://imgur.com/ISumvLO

Edit: so it got deleted a third time. That makes me bring in Reddit.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Thief forum moderators are especially loyal to The Company. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I posted that picture here because I found it later and reflects what I've found. My post was my own written opinion.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I posted a negative opinion on the thief 4 boards, which I had frequented on and off for 4 years. It got deleted twice. I then got the moderator telling me not to post "aggresive slam posts" again.

I'm posting it again, and I'm getting reddit involved if it gets deleted again, that should sort them out for censoring criticism.

http://imgur.com/ISumvLO

Edit: so it got deleted a third time. That makes me bring in Reddit.

"Cramped FOV" Well, I watched TotalBiscuits video on the PC version and there clearly was a slider for FOV and It went up to 110 or something... And if there is one false claim in that pic, I wonder how many others there are.

I really do hate when moderators delete criticism, but that pic stinks of angry whining of a thief fananic, who most likely hasn't even played the game.

I've watched a playthrough partway through

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9MoLfABC7y6gq0raxVa1TGBnREZvMQKz

In order to decide whether I wanted to buy it.

I just really don't like what I see.

---

Well Reddit sure rallied to your support.

Unfortunately you removed the post so I can't see what was actually written.

yeah, it's a coin toss on those forums.

You can, as I've posted it in the topic there.

---

I liked Sacred 1, and, oddly enough, I liked it because it was a mess of a game with massive balancing issues (which, for loot em' ups, is usually kind of a big deal) and wacky exploits.  My favorite exploit was the developers forgetting to include a crossbow animation for the Daemon while in Soaring Daemon mode so the game reverted to an unarmed "kick" animation which was infinitely faster than any crossbow animation (unarmed was pretty much the fastest animation in the game).  Since attack speed was based on the speed of the attack animation, while in Soaring Daemon mode the Daemon became a machinegun bolt throwing (out of her hip) death from above ranged master of destruction, when the character race/class was meant to suck with ranged weapons. 

:grin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

From the Gearbox article on ars

"By attempting to license the unlicensable, assign the unassignable."

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."