What you did today

LadyCrimson

So now we are seeing if it's more cost effective to marry a good baker for the cookies or better to just to buy them at a bakery.

To be able to have cookies on whatever day you want cookies? Definitely the (store) baker.
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sat down with a cup of tea and got sucked into a series of documentaries about the Space Race, Nasa's history, the original engineering and how they developed the tools that are currently being put to do all the new rockets and landers and wotnot.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One thing I won't be doing today is going to work.  Connecticut is getting pounded by snow and sleet right now.  Probably a good day to do my taxes.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So now we are seeing if it's more cost effective to marry a good baker for the cookies or better to just to buy them at a bakery.

To be able to have cookies on whatever day you want cookies? Definitely the (store) baker.

Pretty much my point, but now they are throwing in the added benefits of a spouse.  Neat counter will be the marital stress of having your spouse bake cookies frequently enough so that decent ones are available daily.   

Should also do work but eh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty much my point, but now they are throwing in the added benefits of a spouse.  Neat counter will be the marital stress of having your spouse bake cookies frequently enough so that decent ones are available daily.   

Should also do work but eh.

You have to factor in risk. If you decide to change bakers will the old baker keep your house?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I took advantage of the snow day and did my taxes.  One less thing to worry about, plus I get (a meager) sum of money back from Uncle Sam.  :)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You have to factor in risk. If you decide to change bakers will the old baker keep your house?

Depends on what kind of tab you run at the bakery.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

One thing I won't be doing today is going to work.  Connecticut is getting pounded by snow and sleet right now.  Probably a good day to do my taxes.

I took today off too due to receiving another 5-6" of snow. My wife had training and had no choice but to drive to work...so far shes been on the road for 2h49m and still isn't there.

I took advantage of the snow day and did my taxes.  One less thing to worry about, plus I get (a meager) sum of money back from Uncle Sam.  :)

So now you have the rest of the day to gambol about in? Snow angels? Snowball fight? Build cute little snow-rats next to a round of snow-cheese, on the patio? ;)

My wife had training and had no choice but to drive to work...so far shes been on the road for 2h49m and still isn't there.

Ouch.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I took today off too due to receiving another 5-6" of snow. My wife had training and had no choice but to drive to work...so far shes been on the road for 2h49m and still isn't there.

That sucks.  I hope she makes it there and back safely.

So now you have the rest of the day to gambol about in? Snow angels? Snowball fight? Build cute little snow-rats next to a round of snow-cheese, on the patio? ;)

Right now there's sleet and freezing rain coming down, but once it stops, the snow rat and cheese idea sounds good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

A good friend of mine just visited me, she was completely out of breath and extremely excited. Never seen her like this before, she tells me she saw something up in the night sky and the description and drawing she gave me is quite...extraordinary to put it lightly.

I can't really explain what she saw but what I do know is that it certainly wasn't a plane, a helicopter or weather balloon thats for sure, the size alone rules out conventional aircraft. And she could see it for ten minutes straight only a couple of kilometers away from where I live.

Hearing that from a grounded, serious person is kind of scary.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It is, but I've also heard ghost stories and stories of telepathy etc from serious, grounded people.

Perspective, light, shadow and perception can play a lot of tricks on a mind. And if experiences something it hasn't before, then it might find extra ordinary explanations to make sense of that.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Very true. Though were it happened is a place I know very well, its the highest place around here and there are zero artificial lights around. There is a big automated flight control radar there though, but no lights. I wish I could have been there when it happened....

And she saw odd lights and what she described as huge stationary white sparklers lined up in the sky, a pair of six each. My first thought was fireworks, but one that lasts for ten minutes staying perfectly still and then begins to slowly move to the horizon? 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Went to work, picked up my kid from school, won a game of CoH2 and tried to write. Managed two sentences then goofed around on this forum for a bit. Am about to make a cup of tea and watch some TV with Mrs. MC.

I have, despite myself, found myself watching Season Two of The Following. It's campy nonsense but for some reason I can't stop watching it. I've also got the new BBC Musketeers thing queued up on the planner.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Very true. Though were it happened is a place I know very well, its the highest place around here and there are zero artificial lights around. There is a big automated flight control radar there though, but no lights. I wish I could have been there when it happened....

And she saw odd lights and what she described as huge stationary white sparklers lined up in the sky, a pair of six each. My first thought was fireworks, but one that lasts for ten minutes staying perfectly still and then begins to slowly move to the horizon? 

Maybe its an alien space ship...am I the only one thinking that  :alienani:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The sane ones are always the craziest.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Mind still in "overstressed not that great" territories..

glad you're still with us though.

It's really hard to see a reason to continue when you know that your career prospects aren't gonna change that much... ever.

A career is not the only possible source of happiness.

Swamp gas.

from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus. *puts on sunglasses* Now please look over here.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

tumblr_m8knwmypzd1rzq8heo1_400.gif

Now, you were talking taxes and snowdays...

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I don't believe in UFO/alien sightings, but if one landed in my backyard, I might change my mind. So far it hasn't happened.

Finally feeling halfway normal - I think the fever finally broke/is mostly gone. My pathetic remaining muscles are clamoring for movement, so I'm going for a leisurely neighborhood stroll, armed with a lot of tissues and cough-drops in every pocket. Maybe I'll buy some soup from the market on the way home.

• Like 2

I don't believe in UFO/alien sightings, but if one landed in my backyard, I might change my mind. So far it hasn't happened.

Finally feeling halfway normal - I think the fever finally broke/is mostly gone. My pathetic remaining muscles are clamoring for movement, so I'm going for a leisurely neighborhood stroll, armed with a lot of tissues and cough-drops in every pocket. Maybe I'll buy some soup from the market on the way home.

LadyC  UFO are real, I was once abducted by aliens and spent several years living on a space ship....you believe me right, its true.....I was abducted :wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Swamp gas.

I read this post out of context and thought maybe you were sharing your gastric issues.

Same here, I was about to go "oh, you too?" Before I noticed...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif