What you did today

LadyCrimson

...and somewhere, a voodoo priest has a little toy car with needles stuck in it.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yesterday some good Samaritan left a note on my windshield telling me that someone had backed into my rear bumper while it was parked, and against all odds managed to get the license plate number.

Today, I got rear-ended at a red light. 

Actually that is probably a blessing.  I assume you got the information from the person who rear ended you, and if your bumper needs to be replaced, it doesn't really matter that it has a second ding in it.  Then you don't have to worry about chasing down the hit and run, and getting into a dispute over it.  

• Like 1

My insurance almost didn't cover the damage from the hit and run on my car. Apparently repairs were less than $100 away from total loss.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yesterday some good Samaritan left a note on my windshield telling me that someone had backed into my rear bumper while it was parked, and against all odds managed to get the license plate number.

Today, I got rear-ended at a red light. 

Actually that is probably a blessing.  I assume you got the information from the person who rear ended you, and if your bumper needs to be replaced, it doesn't really matter that it has a second ding in it.  Then you don't have to worry about chasing down the hit and run, and getting into a dispute over it.  

I agree, assuming it's a straight replacement job on the bumper.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to develop something for work. But kind of circling around and around.

So, I'm going to take a pause, have a cup of tea, and then catch a friend in a little bit who has absolutely no understanding of the work I do, whereupon I shall talk through it with them and see if I can explain it in any format that makes sense to them.

If that works, I think it might settle some of it in my mind and allow me to progress along.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was playing SWTOR with the missus last night and she makes an offhand comment about being surprised how many other women also play the game. Interest piqued, I asked her what made her think that a lot of women play to which she responded that I just needed to look around and see all the female characters.

I literally fell out of my chair laughing

She can understand that a woman "may" play a male character either to hide or to fit in but still thinks it's weird but the concept of a man masquerading as a woman....

Inconceivable_by_pendragon.jpg

• Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

talking about lumps, I seem to have developed some kind of stress rash that displays itself as lumps all over. 

Or I have bubonic plague.

Swollen lymph nodes? Maybe you're about to get sick and thats the first sign? 

Unless  I have one on my forehead, that's not it. Everybody's getting sick at the office, so it would be par for the course, though. S'posed to have a big party on Saturday, so getting that ****ed by Disease... yeah, to be expected.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Went looking for an ipod cable, amused that the only ones left in stock were pink.  Works ok for a "Radio Shack" grade product anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was playing SWTOR with the missus last night and she makes an offhand comment about being surprised how many other women also play the game. Interest piqued, I asked her what made her think that a lot of women play to which she responded that I just needed to look around and see all the female characters.

I literally fell out of my chair laughing

She can understand that a woman "may" play a male character either to hide or to fit in but still thinks it's weird but the concept of a man masquerading as a woman....

Inconceivable_by_pendragon.jpg

I use a female toon all the time, for various reasons, but I did get invited into an all girl guild once, they did'nt even ask my gender. I did'nt know about it until I was actually invited and we were supposed to log onto Ventrilo...

I say I'm an awesome Roleplayer, my friends call me a sissy. >-<

Awesome movie btw!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

TOR's female VAs were better I found.  The female IA was excellent.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm going nuts trying to find this video of a recitation of 'Do not go gentle' by Dylan Thomas. I could have sworn I posted it here.

The really weird thing is I can't find it in my internet history EITHER.

EDIT: Found it.

Best reading ever. Nice video, too.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*coughwheezesnortcoughwheeze*

...yeah, still pretty sick. It frakkin sucks, of course, but we all know how that is.

On the bright side, these are the times when I get my serious money-worth's out of my Netflix sub. So many terrible movies out there, it makes me grin. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just canceled my swtor subscription, having logged in once since moving here... last March >_<

In my defence, I have a friend who still plays and I've been meaning to do some serious gaming with him. Guess I can do whatever I'll have the time for for free. :p

Otherwise, quiet at the office, everybody else is either in court, sick or semi-retired. :D

This software implementation at this new customer I've been working on is going really well, despite some initial teething problems due to environmental issues I am about 60% done. Its been interesting because the customer is relatively far away from where I live, say 60 km one way. But its given me a chance to go to a different gym after work and almost experience a different culture. That's the thing about living in big city, there is always the risk of becoming insulated as we visit the same shops, malls and recreational places on the weekend. So this has been a nice change and given me an opportunity to see other parts of Johannesburg :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This software implementation at this new customer I've been working on is going really well, despite some initial teething problems due to environmental issues I am about 60% done. Its been interesting because the customer is relatively far away from where I live, say 60 km one way. But its given me a chance to go to a different gym after work and almost experience a different culture. That's the thing about living in big city, there is always the risk of becoming insulated as we visit the same shops, malls and recreational places on the weekend. So this has been a nice change and given me an opportunity to see other parts of Johannesburg :)

Then try living in a small city and see how that works out... :p

After the prosecutor's been sitting on a case for months, I now have to prepare the defence for the biggest case of my career in two weeks... Hopefully two weeks, since I still don't know with exactly what my client's being charged with :p

• Like 3

Then try living in a small city and see how that works out... :p

After the prosecutor's been sitting on a case for months, I now have to prepare the defence for the biggest case of my career in two weeks... Hopefully two weeks, since I still don't know with exactly what my client's being charged with :p

Yeah I would get bored for a number of reasons in a small place :), I enjoy the buzz of a large cosmopolitan city

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm. Something kept waking me up through the night and into the early hours of the morning.

I am therefore doing my zombie impression now that I am in fact, actually up and out of bed and stumbling around in some vague attempt to do things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm. Something kept waking me up through the night and into the early hours of the morning.

I am therefore doing my zombie impression now that I am in fact, actually up and out of bed and stumbling around in some vague attempt to do things.

Have you considered going for a long tiring walk, and then having a nap?

-Elwood Blues

Have you considered going for a long tiring walk, and then having a nap?

Can I add that a nice refreshing cup of tea always helps to calm the nerves and relax

John Milton 

I think you should totally have us forumites assist you with the case. In the courtroom. 

I have an ability to read a lot and to say "wub wub wub wub" in an appropriately high pitched voice while running in circles.

-Elwood Blues

Argh. Body says "you're sick, you're sleepy, lie down." Brain says "you've been (mostly) in bed for a week, can't sleep." Catnaps of 45 minutes, coughing wakes me up, wide awake. Repeat. I look like this, only with messier hair:

cute_sleeping_kitten-t2.jpg

Can't last forever tho. Next week will be better! And I'll be my normal cheery self again. As cheery as I ever get, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

New workplace discussions is relating to another saying, upon eating cookies a coworker's girlfriend (well wife now, poor dummy got married) made was to ask "Does she have a sister".  So now we are seeing if it's more cost effective to marry a good baker for the cookies or better to just to buy them at a bakery. 

Funniest moment so far has been the mention of the cost to "locate, obtain and maintain" a wife :lol:

New workplace discussions is relating to another saying, upon eating cookies a coworker's girlfriend (well wife now, poor dummy got married) made was to ask "Does she have a sister".  So now we are seeing if it's more cost effective to marry a good baker for the cookies or better to just to buy them at a bakery. 

Funniest moment so far has been the mention of the cost to "locate, obtain and maintain" a wife :lol:

never mind that. You just try setting the non-functional requirement set.

UPDATE:

The wind and rain are going it so hard now that water is coming UP through the windows.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I think you should totally have us forumites assist you with the case. In the courtroom. 

I have an ability to read a lot and to say "wub wub wub wub" in an appropriately high pitched voice while running in circles.

If you could do it in a deep voice, I could use you as my backup saints row style dubstep gun, if all else fails.

Also, just got the papers. Could be worse.

Edited by Nepenthe