Ghost stories?  Alright, I'll give it a crack.

I stood stock still in the doorway.  Something was certainly wrong - no tv hum, not the tick of a clock, the cat didn't greet my return with a rub of the feet like usual, and in the dim light I could see the silhouette of my wife at the end of the hall.  Why are the lights out?  I should have left then, I should have called out, but I had a routine to follow and no inclination of letting irrational fears make a fool of me.  But make a fool of me they did, for I was drawn into the preternatural silence and made not a peep to anounce my presence.  She still stood at the end of the hall with nary a movement, and with my eyes adjusting I could see that she faced away from me.  This was getting all to surreal, and finally I had to break the atmosphere.  I set my coat on the hanger, and dropped my keys with what might have been a crashing thunder - but the woman in the hall didn't so much as twitch.  Ok, you may have noticed that I'm not so certain that this is my wife at this point.  I tell myself everything's alright, that she's making an ass of me, and goddamnit it's working.  I'm not foolhardy though, and I approach with all of the stealth I can manage given my heart pounding in my ears.

I'm just behind her now, and as I reach for her shoulder, the statue turns its countenance slightly my way.

"Hello honey.  I'm glad you're home."  She sounds somber, flat, but her voice washes over me like a cool wind.

"Cathy!  You had me worried for a minute.  Is something wrong?  Why are you standing in the dark?"  Her head turns further.  No, something is definitely wrong.

"Hey honey, can I ask you something?"  This isn't my wife.  This isn't my wife.  Her neck is turned far, and if my imagination isn't tricking me, too far.  The grin on her face is cruel and malign.  I must get out of here.  I can't hear any more!

"You!"  My voice wavers.  "Who are you?  What do you want?"

Why did I have to ask?  Run damnit!

"Do you mind,"  No!  "Do you mind terribly,"  Enough! Stop! "If my parents stay for the Thanksgiving?"

My legs found themselves.  I ran from that place.  From that building.  From that life.  I have no love, no family - just a poor bachelor celebrating Thanksgiving at Denny's.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

We have a small art update today with a few new screenshots, but it's not going to be the big update. We decided that we didn't want to launch the backer portal so close to Thanksgiving because of the technical issues that may arise and many of us will be out of town for the holiday. We are "beta" testing the site right now internally, and Darren is hard at work ironing out issues.

We are really sorry about the delay. The team is excited about it just as much as all of you. :)

-Adam

• Like 2

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Why do I get a feeling that Adam will post soon that the update will be postponed and we should fold our tents and put out the campfire.

:ermm:

torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

Edit: Curse you, Brennecke! :banghead:  :ban:  ;(  ;(  ;(

Edited by SophosTheWise
  • Like 3

Elan_song.gif

Hey everyone,

We have a small art update today with a few new screenshots, but it's not going to be the big update. We decided that we didn't want to launch the backer portal so close to Thanksgiving because of the technical issues that may arise and many of us will be out of town for the holiday. We are "beta" testing the site right now internally, and Darren is hard at work ironing out issues.

We are really sorry about the delay. The team is excited about it just as much as all of you. :)

-Adam

Thanks for mentioning it early today anyway.

Now hoping that magically everything works fine and we get the update still today. :)

I love this time at campfire when it's very late, everyone sleepy but still up, and fire is slowly burning out. Also ash baked potatoes. Goodnight everyone :)

...when your girlfriend disappears in the tent saying there won't be any camping sex tonight, because she has a headache. You're left with a few burnt potatoes, taking care of your drunk friends and trying to remember if you ever knew how to play the guitar.

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

*Knock knock* Is there that warm up party here?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Figurative camping out for the update? Lame. I'm quitting my job right now (as I'll be fired for leaving work in the middle of my shift anyway) and driving to Obsidian HQ to start a one-person line outside their offices. I'm going to actually pitch a tent, stake it into the sidewalk, and build a small fire upon which to roast marshmallows and dutch-oven up some apple cinnamon cobbler. Then, I'll have my laptop open, using Obsidian's own wi-fi network, to view the update when it drops.

I'll be the first to see the update by like TWO SECONDS! 8D!

I'm too legit to QUIT! (except for my job: see above)

Seriously: This thread is great, and I has an excite. @_@

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u