Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update 68 Camp-out thread

Update 68 camp discussion lol

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

SophosTheWise

SophosTheWise

Weird Bard of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Caedryan
  • Xbox Gamertag:Sophos The Wise
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

Yeah, I'm checking in. I don't have any stuff here (maybe I'll go and buy some beer) and I hope the update goes online early, rather than later. I have to be at a journalistics lecture in the morning and I can't skip because our class is kind of small and I already skipped last time. 

I hope for a complete package, but honestly, what I hope the most is that we didn't get our expectations too high. That has happened too many times and sometimes I get kind of bigger and PE's probably the first title in years which really hyped me. 

I also expect them to drop the Pillars title because, honestly, it would've been reaaaaally anticlimactic if they spoiled a long-awaited name via a screenshot. Also it would've been really dumb if accidental. And I, for one, think that Obsidian is full of smart people that would love to use the leverage they've got now to drop a bomb on us. Maybe they even give us the cover art! :)

If there's a video I hope it to be a bit similar from the Wasteland/Shadowrun videos. I'd rather have a 10 minute trailer filled with various stuff instead of 30 minutes of anticlimactic explanation of small details and just one level. But this is unrealistic I think. I wouldn't be mad anyways, because we've got a video. 

At the moment, it's 18.43 here. Still a long way to go.

Mor

Mor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 449 posts
I have been "camping out" for the past week, waiting for this update ;)

Edited by Mor, 26 November 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Merlkir

Merlkir

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh! For some reason, I marked it for next week in my calendar. Hm! 

Honestly, I don't care much about the backer site, I'm waiting for the gameplay video. Hopefully it's a longer one and not just a trailer.

Greensleeve

Greensleeve

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, since I have to write an essay on anarchy in IR theory, I too will probably end up camping late for it. Guess that's something good to come out of this essay at least...

• SophosTheWise likes this

coffeetable

coffeetable

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

POST THE UPDATE, BRANDON

Kjaamor

Kjaamor

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 682 posts

Meh. I'm off to the pub. Might have a look tomorrow morning.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Imma here
  • SophosTheWise likes this

Pipyui

Pipyui

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ghost stories?  Alright, I'll give it a crack.

I stood stock still in the doorway.  Something was certainly wrong - no tv hum, not the tick of a clock, the cat didn't greet my return with a rub of the feet like usual, and in the dim light I could see the silhouette of my wife at the end of the hall.  Why are the lights out?  I should have left then, I should have called out, but I had a routine to follow and no inclination of letting irrational fears make a fool of me.  But make a fool of me they did, for I was drawn into the preternatural silence and made not a peep to anounce my presence.  She still stood at the end of the hall with nary a movement, and with my eyes adjusting I could see that she faced away from me.  This was getting all to surreal, and finally I had to break the atmosphere.  I set my coat on the hanger, and dropped my keys with what might have been a crashing thunder - but the woman in the hall didn't so much as twitch.  Ok, you may have noticed that I'm not so certain that this is my wife at this point.  I tell myself everything's alright, that she's making an ass of me, and goddamnit it's working.  I'm not foolhardy though, and I approach with all of the stealth I can manage given my heart pounding in my ears.

I'm just behind her now, and as I reach for her shoulder, the statue turns its countenance slightly my way.

"Hello honey.  I'm glad you're home."  She sounds somber, flat, but her voice washes over me like a cool wind.

"Cathy!  You had me worried for a minute.  Is something wrong?  Why are you standing in the dark?"  Her head turns further.  No, something is definitely wrong.

"Hey honey, can I ask you something?"  This isn't my wife.  This isn't my wife.  Her neck is turned far, and if my imagination isn't tricking me, too far.  The grin on her face is cruel and malign.  I must get out of here.  I can't hear any more!

"You!"  My voice wavers.  "Who are you?  What do you want?"

Why did I have to ask?  Run damnit!

"Do you mind,"  No!  "Do you mind terribly,"  Enough! Stop! "If my parents stay for the Thanksgiving?"

My legs found themselves.  I ran from that place.  From that building.  From that life.  I have no love, no family - just a poor bachelor celebrating Thanksgiving at Denny's.

• JFSOCC likes this

Mannock

Mannock

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
"...along with some new Justin Bell music."

And by Justin Bell music I assume you mean Justin Bieber music.

All else would be a farce.

Edited by Mannock, 26 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I was a varsity tackle and a hell of a block
And when I played my guitar I made the canyons rock
But every Tuesday night
I felt the fever grow
All revved up with no place to go
!

Karranthain

Karranthain

Huscarl of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Why do I get a feeling that Adam will post soon that the update will be postponed and we should fold our tents and put out the campfire.

:ermm:

• Pipyui, SophosTheWise and mcmanusaur like this

Adam Brennecke

Adam Brennecke

Programmer

• Developers
  • 454 posts

Hey everyone,

We have a small art update today with a few new screenshots, but it's not going to be the big update. We decided that we didn't want to launch the backer portal so close to Thanksgiving because of the technical issues that may arise and many of us will be out of town for the holiday. We are "beta" testing the site right now internally, and Darren is hard at work ironing out issues.

We are really sorry about the delay. The team is excited about it just as much as all of you. :)

-Adam

• C2B and Messier-31 like this

SophosTheWise

SophosTheWise

Weird Bard of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Caedryan
  • Xbox Gamertag:Sophos The Wise

Why do I get a feeling that Adam will post soon that the update will be postponed and we should fold our tents and put out the campfire.

:ermm:

torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

Edit: Curse you, Brennecke! :banghead:  :ban:  ;(  ;(  ;(

Edited by SophosTheWise, 26 November 2013 - 01:00 PM.

• JFSOCC, Chilloutman and Mor like this

Mor

Mor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 449 posts
@Adam Brennecke, WHAT?! How dare you have such a cute profile image?!

Edited by Mor, 26 November 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Merlkir

Merlkir

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Aww poo!  ;(

Greensleeve

Greensleeve

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, so much for having something to procrastinate on. Damn you Obsidian!

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

s3hr.jpg

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hey everyone,

We have a small art update today with a few new screenshots, but it's not going to be the big update. We decided that we didn't want to launch the backer portal so close to Thanksgiving because of the technical issues that may arise and many of us will be out of town for the holiday. We are "beta" testing the site right now internally, and Darren is hard at work ironing out issues.

We are really sorry about the delay. The team is excited about it just as much as all of you. :)

-Adam

Thanks for mentioning it early today anyway.

Now hoping that magically everything works fine and we get the update still today. :)

coffeetable

coffeetable

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

adler lied, backers died

• SunBroSolaire likes this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3934 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Thanks for the heads up, Adam. I'll probably read the update tomorrow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update 68, camp, discussion, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users