I guess the next update will be when I hit 300 posts... :-

Well, then what the hell are you still doing here? POST FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Oh, I don't know...  Am just chillin' I guess...

*YAWN*

kittytummy.jpg

What is it to ya? ;)

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I'm 50/50 about today. On one side you have Fornightly updates OCD plus more time to iron out the bugs in the software

vs

Gamebanshee having material they want published and the earlier in December - further away from Christmas thus probably gonna get more upgrade purchases as closer to Christmas people are saving that paper for gifts and ****.

• Like 1

If they really wouldn't publish an update, I'd be kind of pissed.

They have been holding off this update for a long time now. I remember months back when they announced the backer portal would be up soon. Pushing it back to next week or even later in January would piss off many fans, especially because the last announcement sounded like they got everything in place and are just waiting to release it. Trying not to be entitled, but still.

I don't believe that they have been bull****ting and I don't think they have encountered any serious problems but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. Hope Brandon or Adam are showing up today as soon as possible. 

Elan_song.gif

Didn't Brandon say he was working on the backer portal alone? I don't have much website coding experience, but I can't imagine the backer portal being a very simple thing to create. I'm sure he has a load of other production-related work to do, as well, so the months of delays seem justified.

Also, updates have been weekly for long stretches (e.g. last year), so there's no reason to believe that the people at Obsidian are worshipping the Lord of the Fortnight. We might yet see the update today/tomorrow!

(Oh gosh, I hope it doesn't turn out that Adam Brennecke is the Lord of the Fortnight.  ;( In which case, I didn't mean any disrespect and I humbly apologize for anything that could be construed as insolent.)

so the months of delays seem justified.

and in the mean time star citizen is rakeing in 1-2M/month.

the backer portal can't come soon enough - and i'm saying this as selflessly, sincerely and objectively as i can.

Absolutely. I think people underestimate the power of information and hype. Obsidian does very little to keep the hype alive besides giving regular interviews, while Roberts seems to have a PR army that farms gold. 

But that's the way it has been, even during the kickstarter. Everything was kept very vague and the reason it was successful was that nobody before had marketed their game as an IE successor. Also it was Obsidian (and probably Adam Brennecke's eyebrows) that made it possible. Not the pitch itself.

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

On the other hand, and correct me if I'm wrong, Starcitizen was a long ways off of their target even after the successful Kickstarter campaign. Didn't they only recently hit the real goal of 30M (or was it 20M), which consisted mostly out of post-Kickstarter pledges? P:E got funded after the KS ended, so Obsidian have been able focus all of their efforts on making the game and, while getting more sweet moolah is nice, there isn't necessarily a need to divert much effort into PR and additional marketing/hype/awareness as extra funding isn't crucial as it is for Roberts&co.

Of course, I'm sure that Obsidian would want the game to be successful after release and hype/PR surely factor into that.

Edited by Boox

He could always troll us again.

I'm not so sure it'll be today, when something big goes up they usually let you know in advance.

Most updates come after lunch, so in 3+ hrs someone will probably drop in and say "soz guys" or we'll get a nice surprise.

e: Adam is online now, incoming "not today guys post" ;)

Edited by Sensuki

He could always troll us again.

I'm not so sure it'll be today, when something big goes up they usually let you know in advance.

Most updates come after lunch, so in 3+ hrs someone will probably drop in and say "soz guys" or we'll get a nice surprise.

e: Adam is online now, incoming "not today guys post" ;)

OR they will not announce it so as to surprise us. Or, well, tease us. I think if there was no update we would know by now. Or maybe they have a crisis meeting on how to communicate another delay.

Elan_song.gif