Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update 68 Camp-out thread

Update 68 camp discussion lol

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Way back in October last year I made a camp out thread for Kickstarter Update 20, which was the Environment Screenshot update.

There'll probably be a few people 'staying up' for tomorrow/today's update.

The Update 49 Environment Demo video was posted quite late due to issues with youtube video compression and stuff, so it's a wonder whether Obsidian has already recorded their Gameplay Demonstration / uploaded it to their Obsidian youtube account or not.

At a minimum we have 9 hours or so until the time frame for updates begins.

What are people looking forward to seeing in tomorrow's update? It could be multiple things at once - the backer site is a given, and a video of some sort is almost guaranteed - as it was mentioned by Chris Avellone at MIGS 2013 in Quebec and the Update 67 spreadsheet says that there is 37.0 something allocated for a Press Demo in the 3rd milestone, which is due to end this week.

I hope they end up doing a Gameplay Demonstration video akin to the very first Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns video that shows off the UI, character movement, combat and other stuff (for PE - questing, scripted interactions, looting etc, perhaps char prog) along with some new Justin Bell music.

Will also be nice to see character models of Orlans, Aumaua and Godlike as well as enemy monster models for the first time.

The backer website also might have some new information, lore and whatnot.

Also pretty sure the Pillars of Eternity title will drop as well.

edit: I'm also interested in hearing who the Contract Writer is that they hired.

Edited by Sensuki, 26 November 2013 - 04:35 AM.

• Zoma, nikolokolus, Rabain and 8 others like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5378 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Very nice idea for a thread! :)

I'm looking forward to the backer portal, of course, and all the digital goodies that may eventually land there, especially Cooking with Tim.

And some gameplay footage with Justin's brilliant music would be absolutely fantastic!

But all that pales in comparison to the Forum VIP-badge! I mean, we're here for the forums first and foremost, right? ;)

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What is this thread, the line in front of a Walmart on Black Friday? :biggrin:

People are really expecting something jaw-dropping, so am I - but I'll receive any information there is, no matter the subject.

Edited by Messier-31, 26 November 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Sensuki

Sensuki

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

the Forum VIP-badge! I mean, we're here for the forums first and foremost, right? ;)

Hahah Indeed. Let the Gold and Watcher backers be revealed :disguise:

There will also be a Gamebanshee piece coming perhaps not today, but tomorrow or later this week. I think Buck visited the studio and has tales to tell.

Edited by Sensuki, 26 November 2013 - 04:52 AM.

• Malekith likes this

Boox

Boox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm looking forward to the backer portal since I would like to upgrade my pledge. I'd also like to learn more about the history of the setting and the game mechanics, e.g. attributes and animal companions, and to see some actual gameplay footage. I really liked Rob Nesler's FIRST ART UPDATE, so I'm hoping he will make an appearance too :D

Ailantan

Ailantan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Steam:Ailantan
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm also looking forward to new backer portal, i would grab some addons, as i bacame backer of this game pretty late :)  I also like Pillars of Eternity name, it have sound to it even after translating it into Polish. I would like some lore update, and a new video would be great to watch :)

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3010 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'm going to sit in front of my PC with a bottle of whiskey until the update is revealed, or until AoS comes on.
  • ShadySands and Lysen like this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4354 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm going to sit in front of my PC with a bottle of whiskey until the update is revealed, or until AoS comes on.

I knew you would wait with a bottle of whiskey Kaine, but the salient question is " will one bottle be enough" :biggrin:

nikolokolus

nikolokolus

Bridge Troll of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Are we sure that tomorrow is the big day, or is it next week?

Sensuki

Sensuki

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I hope that's Alberta Premium.

Jim+Lahey+drinking.jpg

Sensuki

Sensuki

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Update 66 says before Thanksgiving. Which is today.

It seemed rather appropriate to have a bigger than normal update coming before this holiday and we’re cooking a big one for you! This turkey dinner is going to be large and in charge... It’ll show a bunch of new stuff we haven’t shown anyone outside the studio yet and one of the side dishes coming with it is the new site.

• JFSOCC likes this

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3115 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Eh who knows.  I would like to see the backer site, and god forbid those really hard to implement forum badges or whatever.  Truthfully what I "really" want is some live footage with commentary from Sawyer.  Can be a basic dungeon, a generic bandit base in the forest, don't care, just give us something other than still frame images.

Also if it is called "Tuesday update" why is everyone sure it isn't getting here until Wednesday?  Give Obsidian some credit, they should have been planning this one for other a month, if not more.

Edited by Karkarov, 26 November 2013 - 08:14 AM.

nikolokolus

nikolokolus

Bridge Troll of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

With something this hyped and this "big" I always sort of half expect delays or unforeseen hiccups. I mean we are talking about software development here right?

Stun

Stun

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2857 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Update 66 says before Thanksgiving. Which is today.

It's also Tomorrow, Sensuki!

Like I said in the other thread, there's nothing but "tradition" dictating that the big update must come today. I just have this gut feeling that this update is big enough to break the "updates-happen-only-on-tuesdays", thing.

Besides, it'd be so much more "dramatic" to present this update right before Thanksgiving, instead of, you know, two days before it.

Sensuki

Sensuki

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Today for me. It's 3:30am here.

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Let's gather round the glow of our monitors and tell spooky stories long into the night, i'll go first:

In a small town in Yorkshire a monolithic gothic nightmare stands, a church that casts its shadow over all the surrounding lands. Where hooded brethren scuttle and scrape, and the villagers cast down their eyes, lest they draw the attention of that awful presence.

It was there in the year 1990 that the bells began to toll, echoing across hill and dale, roaring out their discordant song. Sheep fell silent, babes burst into tears, grown men paled and women ceased their friendly chatter. All eyes turned to that vast edifice of stone and misery.

The great iron barred, oaken hearted doors swung wide to reveal a scene of misery and tragedy.

I had been married.

Edit: Rather excited, I will probably end up responding tomorrow however.

Edited by Nonek, 26 November 2013 - 08:31 AM.

• nikolokolus, Lysen, BruceVC and 6 others like this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4354 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Let's gather round the glow of our monitors and tell spooky stories long into the night, i'll go first:

In a small town in Yorkshire a monolithic gothic nightmare stands, a church that casts its shadow over all the surrounding lands. Where hooded brethren scuttle and scrape, and the villagers cast down their eyes, lest they draw the attention of that awful presence.

It was there in the year 1990 that the bells began to toll, echoing across hill and dale, roaring out their discordant song. Sheep fell silent, babes burst into tears, grown men paled and women ceased their friendly chatter. All eyes turned to that vast edifice of stone and misery.

The great iron barred, oaken hearted doors swung wide to reveal a scene of misery and tragedy.

I had been married.

Edit: Rather excited, I will probably end up responding tomorrow however.

:lol: this is not the first time you have demonstrated how eloquent you are at writing witty and clever posts, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5378 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

"And who was the lucky bride?" you ask.

She was turning 33 in about a fortnight, and had raven-black hair, braided into gnarly prongs, hanging limply on each side of her dry and elongated countenance, in the midst of which green eyes were burning with malicious intent and an insatiable appetite for gullible men of decency and pride.

Her name? Zarasthra Funcheon, or just Zara for short.

It had been only five weeks since she picked me in a weird baptism of fire over at the local pub just after midnight.

• BruceVC, Nonek, JFSOCC and 1 other like this

Cubiq

Cubiq

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm looking forward to the backer portal,

Oh so that's how we will be able to upgrade the backer rewards, maybe i can buy a beta key...

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3934 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looking forward to the backer portal. I will finally be able to create my NPC. I don't think I'll do a great job but I'm sure feedback will be given.

Most exciting would be a video with gameplay. I don't care if it only lasts one minute. I just want to see it in motion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update 68, camp, discussion, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users