The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

Tom is absolutely the business and I would think to post of him in the HAM thread (get it, ham) but troll-feeding is annoying and makes me itchy and irksome. 

Tom Hiddleston, the man who a> gave his jacket to a female reporter who was interviewing at a premiere when it was incredibly cold out

b> brought a thermos flask of hot soup to another journalist who jokingly asked for one on twitter.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Genetics are funny in that way. For example, we share up to 50% of our DNA with a banana :)

But i can't help wondering on how he didn't know that he had a black ancestor? 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Genetics are funny in that way. For example, we share up to 50% of our DNA with a banana :)

But i can't help wondering on how he didn't know that he had a black ancestor? 

Hmm... Illegitimate child perhaps? And maybe noone in his family saw fit to tell him about it, because they did'nt think it relevant?

14% ain't much, but it's enough to put a black eye on a white supremacist.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There are some pretty unique genetic mutations that are prevalent in certain ancient cultural (and therefore racial) groups - most Europeans have certain mutations on the Y chromosome that came from the Middle East/Turkey when farmers migrated here. So if that is present it's a good indication that the person has Caucasian ancestry. So there's probably a similar African, Jewish, Asian and North American Indian equivalent etc.

Fortune favors the bald.

Batman son of Suparman jailed

A Singaporean whose superhero-sounding name turned him into a social media celebrity was jailed for nearly three years on Monday for theft, housebreaking and drug offences.

Batman bin Suparman, an unemployed 23-year-old whose name translates to "Batman son of Suparman", was arrested on August 19 after security videos showed him sneaking into a store at night on two separate occasions.
He stole a total of Sg$500 ($400) from the store, court documents seen by AFP showed.
Batman also pleaded guilty to various other charges, including stealing his brother's ATM card to make withdrawals amounting to Sg$650, and consuming heroin. He was sentenced to a total of 33 months in jail.
Batman became a social media sensation after an image of his identity card with his unusual name was circulated online.
A "Batman bin Suparman Fan Club" page on social networking site Facebook has garnered nearly 11,000 likes so far.
Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^"Finally, finally we will have our long-waiting revenge on the proletariat, bwuahahahahaaaaa"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

EEeeeever so slight PR fail.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Enough bling in that picture to make Mr T blush...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Heh. Funny story, a couple of years back I was in the car with my dad driving home from visiting mom at the hospital, we were driving up one of the narrow roads in the city and passing another car and both stopped. The windows came down and Dad was all "Hey! Burkey! How are things? Still the mayor?"  To which the driver in the opposite car was all "Keith! Hey! yeah, Got the chain right here, just coming back from a meeting." reached back and pulled the Mayor's  Chain and waves it about. Very blingy gold. 

I later found out they'd both worked together for years down the docks as crane drivers and suchlike..

It was just a wee bit surreal at the time.

• Like 1

Your father knew a mayor? Nice! I only got to meet the drug addicts, dealers and various ilk around town through my father.

Come to think of it, that's the same thing!

• Like 1

They didn't exactly break into my home, but not long ago I had to evict two junkies smoking heroin/crack whatever that is on the back staircase. I armed myself with a broom and a pissy attitude and managed to rout them despite being outnumbered by making the best use of high ground, yelling, and the length of my weapon. 

• Like 4

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Heh, someone talking about a better way to run a democratic system for establishing political leadership...

Set certain boundary conditions for minimal qualifications: Things like Degree in Administration, prior service in military and civilian corporations etc. Then a civil sercvice exam, and a character review board, leaving you with plenty of qualified candidates.

Then, the remainder would be forced to compete on reality TV, handling wargame crisis events, like popular tax riots, flash floods, winter storms, serial killers, manhunts, scandals, and bizarre cultists.

Every week someone would be voted off by the audience until there were only two candidates left. Then the political campaigning would start, finalizing in an election.

Other democratic groups might thing you're crazy, but the spectacle would be awesome.