What you did today

Rosbjerg

You just haven't hit 30 yet.  Enjoy :)

My mother's 54 and she still never gets hangovers, and boy... she does drink alot. Probably could take drink Ros and Kaine under the table after each other and wake up at 9 the morning after without any sign of headache. :p

I've read or heard somewhere that it's in the genes, but I'm usually to busy to feel ashamed about stuff the day after to feel if I have an headache...

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Went out, worked, saw "Ender is crying", hung with my ex-roomie and her sister (no GD we didn't sleep together) got told that another girl wants to see dark world with us, checked my account and realized that I still don't think I got all my tips for last month properly.

Too bad. Ros and his multi-make out night would have had nothing on that! :lol:

It'd be two women who are currently "rebounding" off bad breakups. I don't think it'd end well.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*sigh* depression is getting its claws deep in me... it's insidious in that it strikes when I'm not in a position to do anything about it.

Although being a-social doesn't help in the least.

And nobody give me the trite "Go to a bloody bar!" BS that's always spouted off. It's to loud for me to go there, and I feel I can't get out of my current cycle of doom that is "Work or class every goddamn day of your life BWAHAHAHAAHA!"

talk to a psychologist or psychotherapist. Even if they can't cure your depression, they can help you bear through it.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm one of those aholes that can drink till I drop and then wake up 4 hours later completely fine and in a great mood. I've had hangovers about 4 times in my life (and not for a lack of trying).

I got the same thing. I've only ever had a hangover once, and it was over pretty quickly.

I've read that people with blue eyes can handle their alcohol better than others, (which is why it's easier for them to become drunks)

I don't know if it's true, but it might explain it for me.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'd think that's probably more a coincidence? as in people from northern Europe seem to be some of the "best" drinkers in the world and blue eyes are pretty prevalent here. But I have blue eyes, so maybe there's some truth to it..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/vjpsy/til_blueeyed_people_tend_to_have_a_higher_alcohol/

there's where I originally read it. again, I can't make any claims as to the veracity of the article.

"looks legit" although there's now a big "inaccurate" flair tagged to the thread, so probably not.

Edited by JFSOCC

---

I have blue eyes as well. Could be true.

Going to get some studying done and argue with people on the internet today.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Brown eyes, never gotten a hangover, same with my pops. Still, Scandinavian heritage in general maybe? Kaine, got any idea about your family origins?

Then again, my mothers side of the family have blue eyes and all have troubles (Staying away from, that is) with alcohol, so. *Shrug*

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

...wife threw a bit o' a do fer me last night (40th is tomorrow), so had a few cold ones wit' friends fer the first time in a while...gettin' borin' in me ol' age, apparently...more's the pity... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Well, congratulations Sargy :luck:

As far as I'm concerned, you're still one of the "young'uns" ;)

Yeah, drink plenty of (non-alcoholic) liquid towards the end of a wild night out. I've been so drunk it took me two days to sober up, but never had a hangover (although I can feel a bit tired afterwards, strangely enough).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Never been drunk myself, but being around them has left me doubtful of the benefits of being so. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/vjpsy/til_blueeyed_people_tend_to_have_a_higher_alcohol/

there's where I originally read it. again, I can't make any claims as to the veracity of the article.

"looks legit" although there's now a big "inaccurate" flair tagged to the thread, so probably not.

I think the color of the eyes is irrelevant, my mother has blue eyes and she totally ''feels'' only a beer or two even though she does not admit it, my uncle has blue eyes and he can drink moderately. My eyes are dark green with some brown in them and I can spend 120 bucks on alcohol till I need to be dragged home. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Never been drunk myself, but being around them has left me doubtful of the benefits of being so.

I've been wasted once. (Drank an absurd amount of different types of alcohol.) Didn't remember much the day after. Ever since that, I tend to drink moderately.

Pondering deep gamer-philosophical questions:

If you play a game and are not logged onto Steam so people can witness you playing, do you truly exist and play? Achievement or it didn't happen?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I bought an issue of PC Gamer (UK). I quickly realised why I hadn't done that in ten years or so.

I wish journalists who want to sound fancy would first figure out what those fancy words mean, before they use them.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Malc maybe that's why you don't seem to care so much about certain social issues, like gay rights?

You may  need to get drunk more often to empathize with people...just a thought :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I bought an issue of PC Gamer (UK). I quickly realised why I hadn't done that in ten years or so.

I wish journalists who want to sound fancy would first figure out what those fancy words mean, before they use them.

I'm a longtime subscriber to the Swedish version, something wich will be coming to a halt soon. They're trying to act "mature", try to do original articles without actually making proper research and have lost their sense of humor.

It's funny that the magazine was much more mature before they tried to be...

Watching a race car and driving a race car are two very different experiences.

Of course the analogy would be better if one were comparing watching a haycart, and being drunk on a haycart.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My sleep patterns over the weekend got disrupted. Or at least, I pretty much was awake for most of the weekend with minimal sleep. Therefore I'm hoping I'll make it through a Monday and manage to get some rest at an appropriate time at the end of the day...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I slept through two alarms and got 11 hours sleep. Fortunately working from home today, and quite honestly it would be weird to complain after so many years of insomnia.

I feel like I'm both feeling younger, and I'm absolutely positive I'm losing weight. Belts are all down to their tightest notches.

EDIT: Logically I could equally just be squeezing myself like a nearly empty tube of toothpaste, and be locked in a cycle of delusional air-loss. It would explain the talking bats.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's good to hear Walsh! :)

I'm quite envious of your sleep actually, the last few days I've been getting very little, because everyone and their mother have woken me up hours before I was ready to. Really damn annoying to be honest, not to mention tiring.

...wife threw a bit o' a do fer me last night (40th is tomorrow), so had a few cold ones wit' friends fer the first time in a while...gettin' borin' in me ol' age, apparently...more's the pity... :p

Happy birthday! :)

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Sargie. may your increasing age leave you feeling less like a sunken pudding and more like the noble boulder beside the trail.

Living every moment in fear of boyscouts.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Happy Birthday!!!!

Yeah Happy B-day :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela