What you did today

Rosbjerg

Spent my afternoon at my solicitor setting up a very comprehensive (15+ pages) contract. Sounds boring at first but it turned out to be a lot of fun, the brainstorming required to make a solid bomb-proof contract that outsmarts various public agencies was very refreshing for my brain and that guy had a dark sense of humor. We laughed a lot.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I read in the paper that it's just frustration with slick controlled politicians.

I have to say that I find the idea of anyone getting to 40+ or however old politicians are these days, without cutting loose once in a while betokens a sick mind.

I'm not endorsing crack smoking, but being wild doesn't scare me at all.

Yeah, and Ford is another snake but he sells a nice image. And cutting loose is one thing, but being hammered at public events, driving while drunk, running around and meeting people at 2-3 AM to get packages at gas stations is quite different.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had court of appeal yesterday. Full review, so everybody was heard again. Happily, they forgot to lie this time around, so it looks a bit sunnier for my client who's been in jail for almost a year now... The bad thing is that the court of appeal's in another city, one even more remote from civilization, even if a bit bigger. Had a good hotel there, but my back's killing me from the sittign and all the gear hauling I've had to do.

"Gear hauling"?  Scandinavian litigation is weird.

Heavy laptop, paperwork and overnight kit I had to haul around in a "city" with invisible cabs. :p

And here I was thinking of battleaxes, chainmail armour, the usual accoutrements for Finnish legal proceedings :p

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Malc I am following this story its amazing that he hasn't resigned. I saw him also getting very aggressive with journalists that were camped on his property.

Why do your Canadian politicians feel that smoking crack cocaine and getting filmed doesn't mean you should resign? You obviously don't have enough serious  social problems :p

Arrogance, it has to be. People think him doing crack or being a drunk doesn't matter because hey, everyone has been drunk and no one should judge (ironically these are the same people that have orgasms over 'tough' laws on drugs or gangs). Which is depressing - large segments of my city think that their mayor hanging out with drug users, gang members or being blind drunk frequently is not a concern.

So he will be re-elected, people buy into this image of him being an average joe (why you want one of those as mayor, I do not know) :p

I read in the paper that it's just frustration with slick controlled politicians.

I have to say that I find the idea of anyone getting to 40+ or however old politicians are these days, without cutting loose once in a while betokens a sick mind.

I'm not endorsing crack smoking, but being wild doesn't scare me at all.

I hear you but my issue with the mayor and him smoking crack cocaine is more about how he responded. Instead of a proper apology he initially denied it and has been very truculent and intransigent about his actions. In the beginning he said " he demands the Police show the video" ...later when he realized that the Police really had the video he then admitted he had indeed smoked crack

If he can lie so brazenly about that what else is he lying about in his duties of public office, for that reason alone I can't believe people still want him as mayor? This is about his credibility for me and not about his drug usage

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had court of appeal yesterday. Full review, so everybody was heard again. Happily, they forgot to lie this time around, so it looks a bit sunnier for my client who's been in jail for almost a year now... The bad thing is that the court of appeal's in another city, one even more remote from civilization, even if a bit bigger. Had a good hotel there, but my back's killing me from the sittign and all the gear hauling I've had to do.

"Gear hauling"?  Scandinavian litigation is weird.

Heavy laptop, paperwork and overnight kit I had to haul around in a "city" with invisible cabs. :p

And here I was thinking of battleaxes, chainmail armour, the usual accoutrements for Finnish legal proceedings :p

This made me think of the actual accoutrements, tasers etc., and reminded of the fact that two of the defendants were women (including one who I can only describe in Wayne's World terms as a major babe) and the fact that the female prison guard (not bad herself) was shamelessly flirting with me. Good times. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today Is one of those days where I can feel the worst of the demons scratching at my mind trying to let itself in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today Is one of those days where I can feel the worst of the demons scratching at my mind trying to let itself in.

Is that the demon with hands made of marmite?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The world is never that nice to me.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The world is never that nice to me.

Anything with marmite is a long way from nice. Closer to the spawn of the devil pits of politicians.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You could reality test that statement.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I got my first electric bill since finally getting the solar panels working. It was $67. It's usually around $200 this time of the year. If I could just rig a turbine in the river I could tell SWTEC to go to hell all together.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Funny night, I got pulled into a funny projet.. Tomorrow (or rather later today) I'll get a film crew following me around and for every kiss I can get on screen, we'll donate 10$ to fight against cancer.

The project is called "et kys for kræft" or "a kiss for cancer" in english..

Gotta be fun.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Did a lot of hobby stuff today, hand loaded 40 rounds for my precision rifle while listening to NIN, then I upgraded my mono black and mono artifact MTG decks with cards I bought a couple of days ago. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Funny night, I got pulled into a funny projet.. Tomorrow (or rather later today) I'll get a film crew following me around and for every kiss I can get on screen, we'll donate 10$ to fight against cancer.

Gotta be fun.

That should suit someone of your gregarious personality perfectly

Plus you can  REALLY score with the ladies as you can say "you don't have to like me but don't hate the fight against cancer ...do it for all the people in this world who aren't as healthy as you "  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Er, uh ... if the flu virus stays alive on banknotes for 17 days ...

Is however a fairly good counter argument of why I shouldn't.. Hmm

edit: The Danish CDC says it highly unlikely for an adult to be contagious for more than 3-5 days after symptoms stop. So I'm in the clear. Phew, had me worried there :-

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Gotta be fun.

What language is that? Are you sure it's correctly translated?

I'm asking because it looks remarkably like dutch, in which "een kus voor kreeft" would also translate to "a kiss for cancer", but it's cancer as in the astrological sign. So... "a kiss for lobster", in essence. Or it might be a pun, I don't know. Just gave me an impression of being a google translate booboo.

• Like 1

I'm in a reckless mood today. Stealing a kiss from a crustacean sounds like good fun.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm in a reckless mood today. Stealing a kiss from a crustacean sounds like good fun.

This is how the British decided to invade most of the world. "Oh, I was in the mood for a bit of plunder and pillaging and infrastructure destruction, what what?" :p
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

This is how the British decided to invade most of the world. "Oh, I was in the mood for a bit of plunder and pillaging and infrastructure destruction, what what?" :p

But we always build them back up after, because it's just such jolly fun..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm asking because it looks remarkably like dutch.

Danish and Dutch is pretty similar.. whenever I'm in Amsterdam I love how I can just pick up the papers on the tram and read 'em without much difficulty.

But regarding your question - Kræft is the Danish word for the disease (and also means strength/power) while Krebs is the word for the zodiac sign/lobster. So no booboo :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I see Rob Ford the Canadian mayor who was filmed smoking crack cocaine has just been filmed again but this time making some almost unintelligible rant and swearing about people and events ..I can't find the video at the moment but check the Jon Stewart clip around his first incident...hilarious as usual :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WV7YtmHEuw

Oh I found the latest video

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-admits-being-extremely-inebriated-in-new-video-1.2418421

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton