What you did today

Rosbjerg

My Birthday gift came in.
I love it, I love it, I love it. lalala, music!
My laptop speakers aren't terrible, but not great either, and this, well. hallelujah!

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Awesome hat wearing or awesome beard growing?

Awesome lawyering. The wearing of stovepipe hats is unconfirmed.

If Enoch will grow the beard I'll pitch in for the hat!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got a pay raise that my boss has been fighting for (full dollar... meaning my base pay is now higher than it was at McD's and I still get tips!)

And I think my cat needs something to teeth on because he's been whining a lot in the morning and attempting to chomp on anything .

Also Tom Clancy past away today.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Garg. Tech support to family is not a fun thing. Especially when it's disabled mothers who are cranky and in pain and suddenly realised x isn't working and when you try to explain things that you've explained every other week for the last x months rather then listening and learning, insists on basically doing the "I'm old and don't know computers" pout. Damn it, she oversaw switching over computer systems on cruise ships in the 80's. Why the hell she can no longer learn what it means to right click on icons, and not loading the desktop up with 30 billion crappy 2kb games, and all the rest of it....  

Then her dvd player on her laptop isn't recognising disks, and she finally notes that the old multiregion dvd player for the tv went away when it got replaced by a Blu-ray player last year and she's been buying shows on Region 1 dvds to watch and is annoyed she can't watch them now and.. 

Yeah. It goes on like that.

I feel like I'm about to run up the wall and eat shoes. >_<

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Very busy with work. I'm trying to finish all my projects before going on vacation on Friday. I can't wait! 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Awesome hat wearing or awesome beard growing?

Awesome lawyering. The wearing of stovepipe hats is unconfirmed.

If Enoch will grow the beard I'll pitch in for the hat!

On it.  Project Furlough Beard is on day two.

(My face has been somewhat uncooperative with past beard-related efforts.  But going for an 'Honest Abe' would mitigate the difficulties of bare/blonde patches in the mouth region.) 

• Like 1

Sooo... did Meh on my Poly Sci test, and am fighting with my college to get the fact that I was academically terminated stricken from my record.

And cat is being "mysterious" at the moment, yelling at me about nothing and trying to eat my stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finally got my car back today and my wife is complaining the tint isn't dark enough

Who complains about free window tint?

Your wife, obviously.

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Currently downloading FONV and watching Lars and the Real Girl.

Anyone have suggestions for mods?

Josh Sawyer's mod is excellent if you prefer a tough game where scavenging is important, also the Sprint Mod is essential for me.

Slight aside, borne of Sawyer's blogpost: I ****ing HATE chess.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks for the advice everyone, using most of the suggestions.

Today I'm skipping class because **** the man, going to do something interesting later.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Today I'm skipping class because **** the man, going to do something interesting later.

You paid for those classes! How does you skipping them **** the man? The man doesn't care is you show up or not!  :lol:

Thomas Sowell

GD, all I have to do is turn in papers on time and take the exam. Frankly, there isn't much in that subject I'm not versed in.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh I have no doubt about your intelligence, I was just busting your chops!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I love chess, but I love you too Wals ;)

Today I played pinball on my friends pinball machine (he's got  the  start trek tng pinball in  his home, it's awesome) and team fortress 2, and was generally very very lazy.

One of those days where your brain is low on  energy.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Well folks all I can say to you is aloha until next week! GF will be here soon and we are leaving for Kauai tomorrow morning. An with any luck I'll have some good news when I get back. Ya'll behave yourselves until then! 

• Like 8

Thomas Sowell

Well folks all I can say to you is aloha until next week! GF will be here soon and we are leaving for Kauai tomorrow morning. An with any luck I'll have some good news when I get back. Ya'll behave yourselves until then! 

Have a great time and good luck.  :)

Just make sure there isn't a lil' GD on the way.

Started working on a side project, looked at the time, 10pm.. Felt a little tired, wondered why since not a lot of time had passed, looked at the clock - 1:20 am ... dafuq?

Fortune favors the bald.

Sounds like you're just doing something intensive.

Today I bought quite a bit of booze. Going to a housewarming party tomorrow night. Hope there is enough to go around.

This weekend there is another exhibition that I will be attending, its called Rage and its the biggest and most popular gaming show in Johannesburg

http://www.rageexpo.co.za/

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela