What you did today

Rosbjerg

Started working on a side project, looked at the time, 10pm.. Felt a little tired, wondered why since not a lot of time had passed, looked at the clock - 1:20 am ... dafuq?

I was reading a good book, the same thing happened. Doing my zombie impression at work.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Alarm went off at 0720, reset to 0820, then 0920, then woke at 1000.

I rarely feel like sleeping in. I am also a believer that if the body wants sleep, it should get it.

Behind schedule now, but feeling wonderfully and unusually lucid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I seem to be joining everyone else in a rough night and ugh start to the day. Had trouble sleeping, spent a few hours staring at the dark ceiling and hearing/feeling my stomach "burbling" away before managing to start dozing in and out. Spent a chunk of the morning in bed with that mixture of half in and out of faded consciousness and trying to let a headache die down before pushing myself out of bed to see what needs to be done for the day...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Alarm went off at 0720, reset to 0820, then 0920, then woke at 1000.

I rarely feel like sleeping in. I am also a believer that if the body wants sleep, it should get it.

Behind schedule now, but feeling wonderfully and unusually lucid.

I tend to follow that view around sleep. In the last year I have found since I got back to gym I need less sleep. If I wake up early I generally get out of bed. This morning I woke up at 4 am. I went to sleep at 10 pm last night so 6 hours is fine for me.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

well sleep deprivation is cumulative, so if you miss an hour every day, then you do need about three hours to make up for it. (obviously that number doesn't keep growing indefinitely)

Since I've been doing light therapy this week, I'm currently very conscious of my sleeping patterns.

had a dream last night that I was in a (really cool) episode of Firefly, one never aired before. It's been a while since I've watched it.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Nice rainy day today, so glad I have my umbrella. Good fit for a Friday, but alas not too rainy enough that it'll suit the mood in the office

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a good night's rest yesterday. I believe I have the day off so I'm going to relax until later tonight.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Went cycling today, almost had three accidents which kind of dampened the fun. 

Whats the most dangerous thing when cycling on roads? Speeding cars? No. Reckless truck drivers? Nope. Road construction sites? Not at all.
Its freaking groups of mentally handicapped pedestrians that have a suicidal fetish of walking right in the middle of a road not caring about any other road user.
If I had been driving a car today I would have run over a bunch of people, including a dog, two little brats and their stupid mother who lets her kids play on busy roads.
Oh, yelling at them to clear the road? A great idea, in theory, the problem is yelling only confuses them and they start running around like headless chicken which only increases the accident hazard by 12500%. Its really awesome when you're doing 70 km/h on your bike and you suddenly have to play ''dodge random moving meatbag obstacles or crash and die.'' 

I swear, the next time people walk in the middle of a goddamn street and do not make way for me I will not make desperate highly dangerous evasive maneuvers on my bicycle, I will drive my bike into some idiots back so hard that he rips in half and and his guts splatter all over the pavement.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ride slower then. Today I very, very slowly work on generating CSV files for reports.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ride slower then. Today I very, very slowly work on generating CSV files for reports.

No. I'm a legal traffic user, I stay within the speed limit and follow all the traffic regulations, I'm save cyclist. Its not my fault when people don't give a flying F about traffic rules and provoke accidents. I will not slow down the point I'm blocking traffic because thats pretty dangerous for me and the cars that drive behind me, I cant slow down every time I see some pedestrians. Thats not practical and pretty dangerous, especially on fast country roads with blind corners.

Edited by Woldan

Joking aside, there was a kid killed by a cyclist in the UK a few years back.

I should imagine that being correct doesn't mean much when you're pulling bits of a dead eight-year-old's scalp out of your front brakes.

Pedestrians just are morons. Imagine they are actually sheep, and you'll get along much better.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pedestrians just are morons. Imagine they are actually sheep, and you'll get along much better.

Ok, next time I'll jump off my bike, twist their necks 180 degrees and skin them. I've always wanted a jacket made of pedestrian-wool.   :w00t:

Edited by Woldan

Note to self: avoid muscular cyclists while in Austria.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not guilty of animal cruelty.

Cops seem to be doing the usual deceit even in this case, at least from reading another article. Sweet gig being a cop.

Drivers are pretty stupid as well, given the mass they're, in theory, controlling. Still find it funny how many are mystified as to the meaning of the red octagon.

You're going to hate me for saying this, but I really can't agree.

You had an out of control dog, you have a trained police officer. I wouldn't scrap the officer's life, or their utility to the city for the sake of one damn dog.

Enforcing standards of conduct is partly about having a sense of proportion.

-Elwood Blues

And the school won't remove my academic termination from my record even though I shouldn't have been terminated.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And the school won't remove my academic termination from my record even though I shouldn't have been terminated.

Do you need me to pretend to be your huge Samoan attorney?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Do you need me to pretend to be your huge Samoan attorney?

Nope... I'm just gonna see if I can get a proper attorney to deal with the school because this is just flat out stupid and criminal.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bid for some work today and am in that glorious state of ambivalence which suggests that I will get it, and it will be awful.

-Elwood Blues

You had an out of control dog, you have a trained police officer. I wouldn't scrap the officer's life, or their utility to the city for the sake of one damn dog.

It was probably more dangerous to fire 5 shots in such close proximity to other people with little regard to surroundings

The officers were also not trained to deal with dogs but that has since been partially rectified as now all officers have to undergo training

I would not ask to have his life or career ruined but there wasn't even a reprimand for shooting a dog trying to flee and that's what gets me. If he panicked and shot a twice tasered and collared dog I don't have much faith in how he would acquit himself in an actual life or death situation 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I don't follow Wals (and I replied to the wrong thread with that post). I don't have anything against this officers acquittal. As a matter of fact, its a bit shameful it ever got that far.