What you did today

Rosbjerg

So, it turns out I do have a leg to stand on legally to sue the school if they don't sort out and fix the issue they caused. But that'll come at the end of everything I can possibly do within the bounds of the school to fix this... and then I'd have to find a lawyer who'd be willing to consider taking on the school itself.

Joy of joys.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, it turns out I do have a leg to stand on legally to sue the school if they don't sort out and fix the issue they caused. But that'll come at the end of everything I can possibly do within the bounds of the school to fix this... and then I'd have to find a lawyer who'd be willing to consider taking on the school itself.

Joy of joys.

I find it weird that this even got to a legal state; as I recall you'd mentioned that your grades were wrong on the transcript which should easily be sorted out by the teachers involved. And if they're not available the dept. chair or dean. IIRC schools are obligated to require their teachers - for accreditation - to have 7 years (or is it 5) of grade books in case disputes arise.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Seems sensible, those Catholic girls have a certain reputation :p

Today I plan to remain conscious until 5 pm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seems sensible, those Catholic girls have a certain reputation :p

A richly deserved one, apparently. I stopped at ~5-6 Jack and Cokes but she and her girlfriends were pounding them down as fast as I could order them. It was fun watching her reminiscing and laughing with her friends that she hasn't seen in years.

Joy of joys.

I find it weird that this even got to a legal state; as I recall you'd mentioned that your grades were wrong on the transcript which should easily be sorted out by the teachers involved. And if they're not available the dept. chair or dean. IIRC schools are obligated to require their teachers - for accreditation - to have 7 years (or is it 5) of grade books in case disputes arise.

The grade was changed... however the termination and probations that the grade caused were not rescinded. Basically the answer I got was that they won't rescind the fact that I was terminated, or on probation, because that's how the grades worked out at the time, and even though the grades were wrong, that's my problem not theirs.

Exact words were The LAS Academic Standards Committee cannot "change history" regarding the academic record, and so the dismissal notation will remain there.

explain to them that the history hasn't changed, it was misrepresented in the first place. You never had a failing grade.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Thats what I did when I submitted.

That's why I'm seeing the deans office on weds

That's why I might have to retain legal council to sue these jerks.

• Like 1

So Rosbjerg, email addresses are today's phone numbers.

Well I think it's meant to be a little theatrical/unconventional.. it made me a lot more hooked/invested actually, even if it was a mail rather than number.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I've worked at colleges for all my adult life and that makes no sense to me.

If the grades changed and your GPA recalculated it means the academic record and academic history has already changed. The LAS ASC aren't changing anything - the faculty and records staff already did!

Take it up the chain, for sure. Their stance doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Joy of joys.

The grade was changed... however the termination and probations that the grade caused were not rescinded. Basically the answer I got was that they won't rescind the fact that I was terminated, or on probation, because that's how the grades worked out at the time, and even though the grades were wrong, that's my problem not theirs.

Exact words were The LAS Academic Standards Committee cannot "change history" regarding the academic record, and so the dismissal notation will remain there.

Point being that they are quite correct.

They cannot misrepresent history. It is precisely for this reason that you wish the record corrected.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Took an exam, got a ticket in a speed trap, going to have a few drinks and play videogames to relax.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Took a mental health day.

Bit late for that, is'nt it? :D

I've never heard of such a thing, you just called in sick or something?

Euphemism! That was the bloody word! Is it that?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Took a mental health day.

Bit late for that, is'nt it? :D

I've never heard of such a thing, you just called in sick or something?

Pretty name for calling in sick with an acute case of lack of motivation. Seems to have helped quite a bit.
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've done that myself, it was called 3'd year of school. I was about to kill my teacher for wanting to send me back one year for failing PhysEd.

Does'nt help that he and my father used to beat the living crap out of eachother when they were kids, and have hated eachother since then. Once I got him as a teacher and he learnt who my father was, my grades mysteriously fell from A and B to D's and F's (Not certain about the grading scale, but from very high to very low anyway).

Word against word and ****loads of nepotism in that school, so I'm never getting that fixed.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've done that myself, it was called 3'd year of school. I was about to kill my teacher for wanting to send me back one year for failing PhysEd.

Does'nt help that he and my father used to beat the living crap out of eachother when they were kids, and have hated eachother since then. Once I got him as a teacher and he learnt who my father was, my grades mysteriously fell from A and B to D's and F's (Not certain about the grading scale, but from very high to very low anyway).

Word against word and ****loads of nepotism in that school, so I'm never getting that fixed.

I must've gone to the Finnish version of your school. :p

I had to hit thirty before I understood that sometimes in the long term its better to stay home than go to work.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I must've gone to the Finnish version of your school. :p

I had to hit thirty before I understood that sometimes in the long term its better to stay home than go to work.

Hahaha! Atleast you managed to make it out of that, while I'm still stuck in the black hole that is unemployment. :)

I've never felt real want to not go to work, whenever I've had one, no matter how bad the job itself was - but I've never worked in an office, and I've always had great people to work with. I'd probably had gone ballistic though, if I had been subjected to something like you were, but I've been raised to have this sort of... naive and childishly absolute loyalty to my employer.

Onwards! For the EMPLOYER!

Point being that they are quite correct.

They cannot misrepresent history. It is precisely for this reason that you wish the record corrected.

No they're not; if the teachers and college records already changed the grade, then "history" from an academic perspective is the new grades, not the academic termination that the ASC is trying to hold onto.

In other words, if he gets a transcript, he's not going to meet the academic termination criteria of the college, so why should it still be on his transcript. Its insanity.

I agree with Nep. Sometimes you just have to listen to your personal 'front line'. If you can't face it, don't do it.

Of course, you then have to go fix why you can't face it...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Found a chache of old pictures, from back when I had long curly hair.. Suddenly I'm ok with baldness.

That bad?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Primary and secondary targets hit for today. Good day.

-Elwood Blues

I'm feeling sick right now. Had to bail from lecture to produce highly acidic vomit with a hint of bile. Going to take it easy tonight.