What you did today

Rosbjerg

I prefer to be early for everything as well.  I'm not crazy on lateness.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I dunno man, you have A LOT of weird in your life. Disembodied telephone calls, random break ins and now possessed weapons. Sounds dangerous to be around you  :p

And I've only posted a fraction of the strange stuff that happened to me during the past couple of months. :blink:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I dunno man, you have A LOT of weird in your life. Disembodied telephone calls, random break ins and now possessed weapons. Sounds dangerous to be around you  :p

And I've only posted a fraction of the strange stuff that happened to me during the past couple of months. :blink:

As I tell the kids at my job, the ghosts did it.

Next thing you know your weapons will start speaking in tongues .....  :aiee:

Next thing you know your weapons will start speaking in tongues .....  :aiee:

rogue3.jpg

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Quoting Gfted1, on the old thread:

Yeah, but you will get it reimbursed in back pay and then it will suddenly be "Ah, paid time off".

Not necessarily.  While, historically, the appropriations resolving past federal funding gaps have provided back pay for the furloughed workers, there is no guarantee of such, and there are reasons to suspect that doing so might not be the highest priority of the folks on the Hill.  We federal civil servants aren't exactly the most popular folks around. 

At least the weather is incredibly nice.  Although I have spent an embarrassingly large portion of the day with Crusader Kings II, I took a bike ride earlier, and I've got some flank steak marinading to grill this evening. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

My hour meeting that I suspected would last two hours lasted three hours and a half.

The meeting with the french speaking delegation went well other than the fact that the headphones for interpreting didn't work, so we just all strained to hear what our poor interpreters were saying.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched my team spank Napoli, which was good. Now I wait 40 minutes for a streetcar not crammed with people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure if the lethargic feeling through most of the day was caused by not being able to start the day off with a cup of tea as normal, the blood they took, or the three hours sleep I had.

Probably a combination of all three... Still, tis heading towards night and I am ritually crumbling a Cadbury's flake into slowly boiling milk.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, but you will get it reimbursed in back pay and then it will suddenly be "Ah, paid time off".

Not necessarily.  While, historically, the appropriations resolving past federal funding gaps have provided back pay for the furloughed workers, there is no guarantee of such, and there are reasons to suspect that doing so might not be the highest priority of the folks on the Hill.  We federal civil servants aren't exactly the most popular folks around. 

At least the weather is incredibly nice.  Although I have spent an embarrassingly large portion of the day with Crusader Kings II, I took a bike ride earlier, and I've got some flank steak marinading to grill this evening. 

For reasons that are too complicated to go into, I have decided that Enoch's job is to be the voice of the statue of Abraham Lincoln.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

rogue3.jpg

Wals what are you doing, the text on the pic is so small my eyes bleed like geysers when I try to read it.

I couldn't find a bigger one. Can't you save it and zoom in or something?

-Elwood Blues

Thats already the full resolution of that pic, I can zoom in (Opera) but it doesn't make it any better. I can read most of it except a few words. I have to work some photoshop magic I guess.

*edit*

Could read it, thanks to photoshop. Where's that pic from?

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thats already the full resolution of that pic, I can zoom in (Opera) but it doesn't make it any better. I can read most of it except a few words. I have to work some photoshop magic I guess.

*edit*

Could read it, thanks to photoshop. Where's that pic from?

Just zoom your browser -   it's readable on my desktop at 1920 x 1080 at 200% zoom

Edited by kgambit

Wals, is that from 2000AD?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I prefer to be early for everything as well.  I'm not crazy on lateness.

Yeah, I get worried when people are'nt on time, especially when it's a whole lot. You either learn to follow the times you've set, or you definetly lose the right to ever complain about it again. He'd be pissed if I just sat by the computer waiting for him to show up and then got my ass in gear.

Who are you to say what 'a little bit' means :p

Well, everyone I know consider a little bit to be between the time you set and before a quarter of an hour ("Kvart" is accepted as the name for 15 minutes), if you're later than that you're going to be a quarter of an hour late, if you can't plan reasonably reliably 15 minutes into the future and give a decent warning, then you lose your Swedish citizenship. And you're going to be at the very least "Very late"! :p

And there was no traffic accidents or anything like that, he's just completely useless at planning.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

For reasons that are too complicated to go into, I have decided that Enoch's job is to be the voice of the statue of Abraham Lincoln.

Well they do both have the same profession!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Awesome hat wearing or awesome beard growing?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Currently downloading FONV and watching Lars and the Real Girl.

Anyone have suggestions for mods?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wals, is that from 2000AD?

It does look like Rogue Trooper from 2000 AD

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Awesome hat wearing or awesome beard growing?

No, just "awesome"

Though I think I might be the resident "prairie lawyer". Or premiere lover, as I like to call it. Resident for president etc.

Today, I have mostly been going slowly crazy.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif