What you did today

Rosbjerg

Nothing beats a good rum .. I go 40€ price range here (the better end of the medium quality) and I love Diplomatico reserva exclusiva or Riise - Royal Danish Navy Rum

(I'm fishing for recommendations)

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd be remiss if I said anything other than Havana Club, but Bacardi was also ours once.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I used to like Angostura 1919 rum. But they changed the recipe last year to make it sweeter. Idiots. 

You could leave dregs of a glass in a room and the next day it would smell of vanilla.

*beat*

Hey, you don't think they'd have beavers in the Carribean?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hm, thought they had Caroni's rum, but looks like no but they've been trying for a decade now, heh. Well, at least my country has one famous company.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are mostly known for their sodas here, Faxe Kondi.. for beer I usually go for Weizenbier, I like the sweet taste better than lager.

Weizenbier rocks, I don't always like beers with an overly bitter (yeast) taste to them either, from the ten or so brands of wheat beer I tried Löwenbräu Weizen is my favorite one. I guess thats why I like Faxe, its also very ''sweet'' even though its not a wheat beer.

Löwenbräu Weissbier:

loe_weisse_2_01.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hm, maybe we should start a new thread "Hopefully Attractive Drinks..."

Well stitches have been taken out of the dog, and he seems to be settling down more. Mayhaps one of the stitches was catching him awkwardly or some such. Actually had a surprise call from the vet to find out how he was doing tonight, so that was a nice proactive bit on their part. 

Juggling around on phrasing on my CV this afternoon. Attempting to update it and make it look nice and shiny. I find I keep wandering off onto twistedly humorous comments and turns of phrase, which I then have to jerk myself back and delete, at least to have it somewhat professional appearing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Going to a party, see you guys tomorrow.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Baseball, gaming, goofing off, baseball, gaming, goofing off. Someone's gotta do it.

Hub's been a bit put out by the baseball...he's had to play his BL2 in his office instead of the big TV. Sorry, sweetie. But baseball playoffs must be watched in HD on big screen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Made a friend mad when I found out she was a Nancy Grace fan and I referred to Nancy Grace as the human equivalent of a punch to the ****. Turned out because I had also poked fun at Glee and ripped on Sun News (Canadian version of Fox News,but done on the cheap and more overtly racist) it was the last straw in me picking on her interests. Now I feel bad.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Made a friend mad when I found out she was a Nancy Grace fan and I referred to Nancy Grace as the human equivalent of a punch to the ****. Turned out because I had also poked fun at Glee and ripped on Sun News (Canadian version of Fox News,but done on the cheap and more overtly racist) it was the last straw in me picking on her interests. Now I feel bad.

Why? Its her fault for having ****ty interests.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Strange night, I spend the majority with 3 gorgeous women, funny, intelligent beautiful - in all ways exactly what I'm looking for (2 of them had even had a lesbian relationship!! hnnng!) - and yet, when the time came to acutally flirt with one of them, I just lost interest.. I got the most interesting on facebook and I'll be seeing her again.. but that was weird, never tried just completely losing interest like that out of the blue before. hmmm

Fortune favors the bald.

I am super wound up.

My wife went to the homecoming game for her former High School.  We live behind the school football field, so she walked.  This was part of her 20-year reunion.  A little after 10 PM I noticed that the game was over and the crowds were gone, so I sent gave her a call to make sure she was alright.  Nobody picked up.  So I texted, then I called over and over again for awhile.  Finally after about 30 minutes without a response I got dressed and drove over to the school.  There was nobody around.  I then called her mom, and asked our neighbor if he had seen her, since he went to school with her.  They hadn't seen her.

So at this point I am pretty freaked out.  I knew that most likely she had gone out with the alumni for a drink, but she wasn't answering and I had no idea where.  I thought maybe her phone died.  I had no contact info for any of the people she was with.  I was pacing and hoping for a call, it had been over an hour.  I went on facebook and looked for alumni stuff to see if an after party was planned.  I sent a facebook message to the person in charge of the alumni page.

Finally I rifled through her stuff and found her tablet.  Then I checked facebook again with her account logged in, and I found a post by one of the alumnis saying many of them were at a specific bar.  I called the bar, gave them my wife's info, and sure enough she is there.  Her phone wasn't even dead!  It was just loud at the bar.  She said she just got carried away and forgot to text.  We've been together for 12 years and I don't think that has ever happened before.

I'm extremely relieved she is fine, but I'm also super pissed.  I'm all hyped up and I really need to go to bed.    :banghead:

• Like 1

Strange night, I spend the majority with 3 gorgeous women, funny, intelligent beautiful - in all ways exactly what I'm looking for (2 of them had even had a lesbian relationship!! hnnng!) - and yet, when the time came to acutally flirt with one of them, I just lost interest.. I got the most interesting on facebook and I'll be seeing her again.. but that was weird, never tried just completely losing interest like that out of the blue before. hmmm

Either you're becoming a mature adult who's interested on a relationship above sex or who's interested in other sex :brows:

village_idiot.gif

Either you're becoming a mature adult who's interested on a relationship above sex or who's interested in other sex :brows:

Sometimes your pre-conscious will pick up on danger signals your conscious mind can't. I'd strongly suggest that this was the case here.

Beautiful is all well and good, but it doesn't compensate for having to lock yourself in the bathroom all night while they offer to circumcise you with pruning shears. Or set fire to your flat. Or steal your cash. Or give you explosive herpes.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think that's pretty spot on..

They did manage to snap a great photo of my and my friend though hehe. Dr. Evil and Mini Me (borrowed ring, no worries)

1393056_10151741042294503_742323493_n.jp

I'm extremely relieved she is fine, but I'm also super pissed.  I'm all hyped up and I really need to go to bed.

Holy heart attack batman - Of course it's easy to loose track of time etc, but yeah I would've been really worried too.

Fortune favors the bald.

I am super wound up.

My wife went to the homecoming game for her former High School.  We live behind the school football field, so she walked.  This was part of her 20-year reunion.  A little after 10 PM I noticed that the game was over and the crowds were gone, so I sent gave her a call to make sure she was alright.  Nobody picked up.  So I texted, then I called over and over again for awhile.  Finally after about 30 minutes without a response I got dressed and drove over to the school.  There was nobody around.  I then called her mom, and asked our neighbor if he had seen her, since he went to school with her.  They hadn't seen her.

So at this point I am pretty freaked out.  I knew that most likely she had gone out with the alumni for a drink, but she wasn't answering and I had no idea where.  I thought maybe her phone died.  I had no contact info for any of the people she was with.  I was pacing and hoping for a call, it had been over an hour.  I went on facebook and looked for alumni stuff to see if an after party was planned.  I sent a facebook message to the person in charge of the alumni page.

Finally I rifled through her stuff and found her tablet.  Then I checked facebook again with her account logged in, and I found a post by one of the alumnis saying many of them were at a specific bar.  I called the bar, gave them my wife's info, and sure enough she is there.  Her phone wasn't even dead!  It was just loud at the bar.  She said she just got carried away and forgot to text.  We've been together for 12 years and I don't think that has ever happened before.

I'm extremely relieved she is fine, but I'm also super pissed.  I'm all hyped up and I really need to go to bed.    :banghead:

I can understand your concern and frustration but if it was me I would ask " is this normal for your wife"

It isn't so I would explain you are unhappy but don't make too much of a big deal, sometimes people just nedd time with friends and "me time"

Sorry if I seem unsympathetic because I'm not

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm really confused.

I'm getting a raise at work and someone to help me out. The confusion is that I was rather enjoying being disgruntled.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm wiped out. I've been up since 0500 going back and  forth to midtown Memphis moving my fiancees stuff. I just finished my second trip (it's a pretty long drive). I was hoping to have it all done before she gets off work this afternoon so I could just take her to dinner. Now I'm not sure that will happen. I'm glad I have a pickup truck!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm really confused.

I'm getting a raise at work and someone to help me out. The confusion is that I was rather enjoying being disgruntled.

I'm sure there will still be plenty to be unhappy about.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My academic "dismissal" has officially been rescinded. It took four levels of BS to get that but it happened finally.

• Like 8

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

@Hurlshot: Don't you guys use the "Find my Friends" app? I thought I remember you mentioning it.

I plan on using it for my kids whenever I decide they are old enough for phones.  But I haven't set it up on my wife and our phone.

Went cycling to enjoy the last (according to the weather forecast) warm day this year with the goal being riding to a beautiful upland moor. It didn't go as planned. Tried a new cycling route which turned out to be extremely painful, 50 kilometers uphill almost all the time. The downhill sections were very fast and extremely short and then usually a very steep seemingly never ending uphill section followed. This describes 90% of the route.

As if hauling my arse uphill all the time wasn't enough I got lost and made a long detour. A 40km long detour. So thats 90 kilometers total.

And it got worse, thanks to my super crappy bicycle saddle I developed a blister on my butt during the first 1/3 of the route which made riding my bike over the damaged tarmac of typical country roads absolutely wonderful.

I'm so dead now, I can hardly lift my fingers to type.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Had to do a double shift on the 'shop floor' today. My finger ends are all busted up, and I think one of my fingers might have actually started to melt. The nailbed looks distinctly weird.

Wound up being 'standing up straight' tired. That phase where you're quite capable of doing the same over again, but if you don't remind yourself of this fact by standing up straight, shoulders back, you'll begin to slouch and then deflate like a party balloon.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues