What are you playing now?

Gorth

This week I have been missing City of Heroes and the first days of playing that. It has put me in a wierd mood of not feeling like gaming...

I would really enjoy a good Superhero RPG. Someone should really do something like that.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just turned the TV on and there was a show called Flashpoint on which I haven't ever watched, some cop thingy. It had eerily familiar music playing in the backround and then it hit me: It was from Dragon Age Origins soundtrack, I Am The One by Inon Zur.

Now I'm afraid Leliana is going to sing at my face every time I change the channel  :aiee:

In the first episode of Sleepy Hollow, inside the police station, one of the metal clangy doors had exactly the same sound effect as the red metal doors in the pirate outposts in Far Cry 3. I heard the sound and I was like, where's my weapon ...

All Stop. On Screen.

Got State of Decay, it's a concept I'd wanted to see for a while. It's good, not great, definitely feels like the Beta it is. I guess Dead State is really the only beacon of hope for the time being.

Finally got to play Journey this weekend, I would almost classify it as a religious experience.

I felt like the ultimate message of the game is that you might as well just stay right where you are.

it's the Journey that matters, and it was a nice way of telling the Sisyphus story from his perspective.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

1.2 quadrillion cookies were produced during a single run through P4G.

I just turned the TV on and there was a show called Flashpoint on which I haven't ever watched, some cop thingy. It had eerily familiar music playing in the backround and then it hit me: It was from Dragon Age Origins soundtrack, I Am The One by Inon Zur.

Now I'm afraid Leliana is going to sing at my face every time I change the channel  :aiee:

I thought it was only Japanese TV shows that used video game music. Then again, it's non-fiction Japanese TV shows that gratuitously use video game music in scenarios having nothing to do with video games.

In the first episode of Sleepy Hollow, inside the police station, one of the metal clangy doors had exactly the same sound effect as the red metal doors in the pirate outposts in Far Cry 3. I heard the sound and I was like, where's my weapon ...

I'm sure there are a lot of stock sound effects, I hear the same metal grate/door opening sounds I heard in Resident Evil 2 back in the 90s in games today. The camel sounds used for Imps in DOOM still show up here and there. I'm sure there are sound studios that specialize in producing generic sound effects they sell to various media producers.

Edited by AGX-17

Loving my jerk Thorton play through of Alpha Protocol.  I'm seeing a lot of dialogue I've never seen before, largely because I'm choosing jerk options that I haven't tried before.

The only frustrating part is I never seem to find the full dossiers on the characters.  For example, I'm about to start the end game mission, but I'm still not close to finding out Scarlett's secret (even though I know it from reading spoilers way back).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I saw that Dead Island Riptide is free this weekend on Steam, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  I played it for just under an hour, long enough to remind me why I wound up hating the first game, then promptly uninstalled it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished my Alpha Protocol play through.  Just missed out on that achievement for executing everyone because I let Brayko live (him killing Surkov for me was awesome).

I can't get over what a little gem this game is.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished my Alpha Protocol play through.  Just missed out on that achievement for executing everyone because I let Brayko live (him killing Surkov for me was awesome).

I can't get over what a little gem this game is.

It's one of the few games that truly warrant multiple playthroughs.

I especially enjoy how your choices affect the news reports after the end of the game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Might & Magic X - It got lost in the backlog shuffle as multiple games I'd been waiting for came out.  I decided to jump back into it and am glad I did.  I'm having a great time with it.  I restarted the game after the patch that arrived some 3 weeks ago, so I'm not very far, just finished the Thieves Den.  There's a whole bunch of bugs, as you'd expect with an alpha, seemingly maybe even more bugs after the patch than before, but the bugs seem less game breaking than before, or that;s how it feels like, anyway.  I'm contemplating doing the Lighthouse now.  I was ill prepared last time I tried it, part of the reason I restarted game from the beginning.  I'm one level higher now than I was at that time, plus I know to stock up on potions before I head in there, as there is no apparent way back once you get to a certain point.  I may explore a bit more and get up one more level first, though.  That will make the boss fight a lot easier, I think (homeslice handed me my rear end last time).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GTAV. 20-25% completed, don't remember exactly. From what I have played, my second favorite GTA and I have tried every game but the GTAIV expansions (that I do own).

Mixing that up with Tales of Xillia. Tales of Graces f had really fun combat and also I'm enjoying the combat in this game. To early to say which game is better but Xillia gave me a better first impression.

I hope I can get 30-60 minutes of BGIO time, haven't played it in the last three days.

I also only have three games left to complete on Xbox 360. I might replay a few games after that or sell the console and games. I'll see what I can do about my account.

The new Shadow Warrior game. I am happy that I've ordered it from GOG, as it has a classic styled katana which looks a lot better than the default one.

So far the game is ok. Will see how it looks like when I have played it a bit more.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist.  As someone who usually gets frustrated with stealth games that punish you tremendously for non-stealth approaches, I'm actually having fun with this game.  Sure, it's better not to be spotted.  But at least I don't constantly get "mission failed" every time I accidentally get seen by one enemy.

I know the traditionalists hate that, but I like having a bit more freedom to play a more combat style game than taking everything the stealth route.

Just started playing an little indie game I've had for a while called Zafehouse Diaries.  It's basically a decision making game as the only screens are a diary of events that updates each in game hour and a map of the town you are in where you control your group.  Oh, and it's another zombie game  :w00t:  .  You have a group of up to five survivors of a zombie apocalypse who are trapped in a small town and you have to choose what activity each person will do for the next hour.  Things like barricade the doors and windows, make traps, patrol, etc. There are three modes.  Survive as long as possible, find and repair a vehicle to escape the town and the last is to find out where and when the evac helicopter will arrive in seven days.

I've only tried the "repair the vehicle" mode so far and lasted only three days.  :facepalm:  On the second day a small girl turned up asking to be let in.  I had three options: 1) Kill her. 2) Let her in. 3) Turn her away.  I chose to let her in but she was infected and attacked us.  We killed her and found she was carrying a vital part we needed.  The next day her family turned up looking for her.  They also wanted the item she was carrying.  I chose to lie to them and say we hadn't seen her but the lie was "unconvincing" so they slaughtered us all.  :getlost:

I'm playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist.  As someone who usually gets frustrated with stealth games that punish you tremendously for non-stealth approaches, I'm actually having fun with this game.  Sure, it's better not to be spotted.  But at least I don't constantly get "mission failed" every time I accidentally get seen by one enemy.

To be honest, I can't remember a stealth game where you failed the mission as soon as you got spotted. There might be some short content part exception here or there, but a full game... Can't think of any right now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still having a lot of fun with Final Fantasy XIV.  My Gladiator is up to level 18 now, and I've been impressed by the storytelling.  Plus I forgot how good the cut scenes are in the FF games.  For some reason, I love the little touch of going up to my inn room at the end of a session and clicking on the bed to log out of the game.  

The crafting is pretty different.  You actually level your craft skills completely independent of the adventure classes.  You have combos, skills, outfits, and all sorts of other things that only matter when you are crafting.  It's a bit daunting to learn it all.

To be honest, I can't remember a stealth game where you failed the mission as soon as you got spotted. There might be some short content part exception here or there, but a full game... Can't think of any right now.

One of the earlier Splinter Cells, I'm pretty sure a mission fails if you get spotted while moving around an office building with security guards and cameras around the place.  I remember it being the very reason I never finished that game.  I kept getting spotted, or another security guard would spot a body I'd killed and hadn't hidden, or something.

Unless I'm totally remembering wrong, but I'm sure I'm not since I remember feeling so frustrated at how unforgiving the game was.