RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

you mean aim a rifle and pull the trigger?

my wife is a better shot than me by miles.  she would be 10x the soldier i would be, and i'm an adult male who is over 6 feet tall.

Funny how you think being a solider is about aiming. Men and women are not equal, if you find that offensive complain to nature.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

my wife is a better shot than me by miles.  she would be 10x the soldier i would be, and i'm an adult male who is over 6 feet tall.

Funny how you think being a solider is about aiming. Men and women are not equal, if you find that offensive complain to nature.

See the russian sniper corps during WWII. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Women have often fought in desperate wars of national survival.

Not so often in professional armies.

The social imperative to integrate women into infantry units is very strong, verging on unstoppable. One of two things will happen: (1) It will be fine. Socio-biological urges will be trumped by socialization and / or technology. Or, (2) the experiment will be a disaster and the military in question will suffer significant attrition.

I don't know the answer. I think (2) is more likely in the short term, but that in advanced Western economies eventually (1) will prevail as combat infantry develops into small-unit, technologically advanced operator roles (for example, small units of power-armoured infantry that requires high levels of fitness that is augmented by bio-engineering).

sonsofgygax.JPG

I don't know the answer. I think (2) is more likely in the short term, but that in advanced Western economies eventually (1) will prevail as combat infantry develops into small-unit, technologically advanced operator roles (for example, small units of power-armoured infantry that requires high levels of fitness that is augmented by bio-engineering).

Already in Japan girls can operate mechs just as well as the boys.

2517702-2717694858-neon_.jpg

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Funny how Saints Row is more progressive, being able to play transgenders and all. 

That being said, I think GTA is ready for a woman protagonist.

Well, since the GTA-series has been a satire of hyper-masculinity and mass consumption, i would bet that the female lead would not behave very feminine so to speak.

Am I the only one filled with a quiet rage every time someone claim GTA is a satire? It's power fantasy with some self-awareness.

Self-awareness can be confused for satire and there's lots of satire in the unimportant details (such as Republican Space Rangers), but there's also crude jokes and parody just as frequently (Post-Op, hi-larious...).

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does?

So what we've learned from this is.. entrerix is a wimp.

..and we need pics of his wife. Pronto.

no joke, she is 5'2 and only weighs 115 lbs, but her single rep max squat is about 40 pounds more than mine....

she has been lifting weights for a few years though, i dont think most women lift anything other than those little pink dumbbells.  

if you want pics just google AJ Lee, but change her face for someone who looks a lot like the actress from the xfiles.  i dont think the wife wants me posting her pics online

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Funny how Saints Row is more progressive, being able to play transgenders and all. 

Well, since the GTA-series has been a satire of hyper-masculinity and mass consumption, i would bet that the female lead would not behave very feminine so to speak.

Am I the only one filled with a quiet rage every time someone claim GTA is a satire? It's power fantasy with some self-awareness.

Self-awareness can be confused for satire and there's lots of satire in the unimportant details (such as Republican Space Rangers), but there's also crude jokes and parody just as frequently (Post-Op, hi-larious...).

No, you are not.  There is really nothing satirical about the GTA games.  They aren't really even parodies, they take themselves too seriously.  They are more tribute pieces than anything else, heavily inspired by certain films.

i think the gta games qualify as satire, but im not a comedy expert

satire:  "the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues"

i think its clumsy and tends toward a more juvenile form of satire, but satire nonetheless

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You're right, it's as much of a parody as Scarface was. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

You're right, it's as much of a parody as Scarface was. 

The problem with Scarface is that it was supposed to be a cautionary tale, yet it's overwhelmingly perceived as glorifying criminal life.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On an unrelated note one of my mother's childhood nicknames for me was Scarface...cause I had a lot of scars on my face not cause I was a gangster.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does?

So what we've learned from this is.. entrerix is a wimp.

..and we need pics of his wife. Pronto.

no joke, she is 5'2 and only weighs 115 lbs, but her single rep max squat is about 40 pounds more than mine....

she has been lifting weights for a few years though, i dont think most women lift anything other than those little pink dumbbells.  

if you want pics just google AJ Lee, but change her face for someone who looks a lot like the actress from the xfiles.  i dont think the wife wants me posting her pics online

Does she have sisters? Or clones?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

See the russian sniper corps during WWII. 

Snipers are a small branch of the military and you can't wage war with snipers. Also women can be soldiers, as can be seen today and from history, but that doesn't change the fact that they are not equal to men in that role. Though there are rare exceptions of strong women, they are only stronger then the average strength man. What people here don't seem to get is that being a solider is mostly about carrying heavy things running long distances with those things, and then once in a very rare while shooting at something/someone from cover with little to no aiming (excepting snipers). No one here is being sexist, but facts are facts, man are better then women in doing physical things. Sports are a good indicator of that, as we can see in them the separation of the male and female leagues.

Though there are rare exceptions of strong women, they are only stronger then the average strength men.

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. While it is true that a male can reach higher pure physical strength than a female.

A: That's nowhere near *just* above your average strength men. You're overestimating the average here. Hard.

B: It means ****, because pure strength isn't everything.

And strong women aren't a rare exception at all, except maybe in your backwards worldview.

Edited by C2B

No one here is being sexist, but facts are facts, man are better then women in doing physical things. Sports are a good indicator of that, as we can see in them the separation of the male and female leagues.

Not just in physical things, but in mental as well. For example, the highest ELO a woman ever got in chess was 2500, while for men it's a joke of an elo, the top men are at 2900. The men who've got 2500 don't even go to championships, they're nobodies.

Though there are rare exceptions of strong women, they are only stronger then the average strength men.

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. While it is true that a male can reach higher pure physical strength than a female.

A: That's nowhere near *just* above your average strength men. You're overestimating the average here. Hard.

And strong women aren't a rare exception at all, except maybe in your backwards worldview.

No, my dear, it is true. A top woman in the world can bench 100kg, while any man can bench 100kg after only a few months of exercise and correct food. Top men that weight like women (tiny men) bench around 300kg raw. Sorry dear, you've been seriously misinformed.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

We are talking about the whole world here are we not? If we are then I stand by what I said, there are rare exceptions where women are stronger then men (but only average/to above average strength men(or the upper average if you will)).

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

We are talking about the whole world here are we not? If we are then I stand by what I said, there are rare exceptions where women are stronger then men (but only average/to above average strength men(or the upper average if you will)).

What exceptions? If they trained super hard for 3 years, it's not an exception, it's a result of hard work. But in wild nature, a woman is never stronger, unless some super weird mutation occurred.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

What exceptions? If they trained super hard for 3 years, it's not an exception, it's a result of hard work. But in wild nature, a woman is never stronger, unless some super weird mutation occurred.

Genetic exceptions, there are women out there that have a much denser muscle mass, but they are very rare (and in most cases it's just elevated testosterone levels).