RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

The trailer really only tells me that the game looks like South Park, sounds like South Park, and features a ton of characters from South Park.  It shows nothing about the way it will play, so I'm still pretty curious.  I haven't watched an episode in a lot of years, but I enjoyed the movie back in the day and remember a few characters.  I'll give it a whirl.

The series went to **** after a few years. Latest seasons have rarely featured funny episodes. It won't be funny, but entertaining enough to cure my gaming impotence for a few days I hope.

I disagree. The emphasis of South Park has maybe shifted from random toilet humor and elementary schoolers' weird adventures to parodying and present events and (pop) culture. The toilet humor and sometimes Earthbound'ish adventuring is still there, but it's kind of become a method through which Trey Parker expresses his cynicism.

I'd call The Last of the Meheecans one of my favorite episodes, and that's season 15

Edited by Nordicus

The series went to **** after a few years. Latest seasons have rarely featured funny episodes. It won't be funny, but entertaining enough to cure my gaming impotence for a few days I hope.

I disagree. The emphasis of South Park has maybe shifted from random toilet humor and elementary schoolers' weird adventures to parodying and present events and (pop) culture. The toilet humor and sometimes Earthbound'ish adventuring is still there, but it's kind of become a method through which Trey Parker expresses his cynicism.

I'd call The Last of the Meheecans one of my favorite episodes, and that's season 15

Sometimes the new formula fails to yield anything funny, its because social commentary restricts you to the subject which is why I prefer the old formula as it felt more fluid. Plus, a lot of times they focus on a single linear story with no subplots (something that they used to do) so I guess that they deliberately constrain themselves to their formula?

IDK, I still like the show though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There was a lot of social commentary at the start as well, it was just more general social commentary rather than 'ripped from the headlines' social commentary. It's pretty much inevitable that they'd run out of the more general stuff at some point as there's a finite supply.

I much prefer newer South Park. Season 15 had a lot of good stuff. You're Getting Old, coupled with Ass Burgers was magic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The trailer really only tells me that the game looks like South Park, sounds like South Park, and features a ton of characters from South Park. It shows nothing about the way it will play, so I'm still pretty curious. I haven't watched an episode in a lot of years, but I enjoyed the movie back in the day and remember a few characters. I'll give it a whirl.

What I get from the trailers is that combat will be JRPG-esque, which I'm fine with.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No, it's the other way around. His post is a normal intelligent one. The rest is video game kids being typical little dumb dumb c**ts, siding with blizzard on a clearly evil and discriminatory action. I laughed so hard from reading their dumb ****. So much for euro-tolerance.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Eh, I always preferred the one that compared the types of humour in the two games, as it's obvious KOTOR 1 and 2 were shooting for vastly different tones and the villains reflect that.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Eh. The second one is just as laughable. The grimdark just oozes off the screen in such an over top way that it just ebcaomes laughable as the cheesy Malak way. Not that malak is great b/c he isn't. Your example is poor. And, Kreia is also a bad example. L0L FORCE IS EVIL SO I MUST COMMIT SUICIDE BUT TOO COWARDLY TO DO IT MYSELF SO I SET UP A RETARTED PLOT SO MY FORMER STUDENT CAN DO IT FOR ME L0L FORCE IS EVIL.

Now, Ravel. That's a villainess. Now, Irenicus. That's a villain.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow. I think Volourn just said something that is accurate and true. What gives???

Sometimes volo trolls so hard he ends up coming full circle and making a valid point.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"I dislike Obsidian games"

Who you talkin' about? Certainly not me since some of Obsidian's games are amongst my favorites. Oh my bad, unless you rate Obsidian games 10/10 across the board you must be a hater. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.