RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Reichskommissariat Drafts Anti-Piracy Curriculum for Elementary Schools

Listen up children: Cheating on your homework or cribbing notes from another student is bad, but not as bad as sharing a music track with a friend, or otherwise depriving the content-industry of its well-earned profits.

That’s one of the messages in a new-school curriculum being developed with the Motion Picture Association of America, the Recording Industry Association of America and the nation’s top ISPs, in a pilot project to be tested in California elementary schools later this year.

[...]

“Justin Bieber got started singing other people’s songs, without permission, on YouTube. If he had been subjected to this curriculum, he would have been told that what he did was ‘bad, ‘stealing,’ and could have landed him in jail,” says Stoltz.

I wish he did, though.

• Like 2
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

The time is right for Obsidian to make a sci fi rpg with a tranny lead. Female to male post op since it's become too trendy the other way around. The story is set in a not too distant world where those pesky corporations have screwed us once again, and all the newborns are born unisex with a bump instead of genitals. Now, it's your choice to stick to your newly acquired guns and be a man or try to reverse the process and defeat that greed. Come on Obsidian, this is your calling or atleast include this character's history in PE.

You are late to the party, gaider already is digging this gold mine.

tumblr_mo3659ktQb1qe27noo1_1280.jpg

004_zpsfab78675.jpg

Edited by Pidesco
Post is over the line.

MzpydUh.gif

Sorry, but I haven't the faintest idea what you're saying with this post. Not being rude, genuinely, but I'm having a Point Not Found moment.

I think he's commenting on people that make scathing comments about BioWare games for having things that they don't like in it (i.e. romances, cinematic experiences), despite the fact that BioWare has been doing it for some time in their games and that, to use your words, people should simply "know the lie of the land."

Mostly not commenting on this, and I am not playing neither GTA games neither Bioware games lately for reasons of my own, but really... People commenting on Romances in Bioware games is as ridiculous as trying to fill basket with water... Bioware is making romances since dawn of the company... If people hate romances so much, they should skip their games, simple as that, because even me, who no longer plays their games, I can't imagine a game made by Bioware without this content, and I would not want their games without this content... It is some kind of Trademark of their games, in which they are different from any other game made... Same with GTA or Duke Nukem and it's misogyny...  or for other reason Michael Bay's movies... they are shallow and full of effects, but it is Bay's trademark and if you are not into this kind of entertainment, going to his movies is your fault, not Bay's...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Gender equality can destroy authenticity when people want to pretend both are totally equal that it's all just "socially imposed roles". Like when your fictional army has men and women in equal measure doing the same thing. You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does? Make her a roided up bodybuilder or rare physical specimen like Brienne of Tarth and that the men-to-woman ratio is believable in this case. Then we can talk.

Edited by Fighter

Gender equality can destroy authenticity when people want to pretend both are totally equal that it's all just "socially imposed roles". Like when your fictional army has men and women in equal measure doing the same thing. You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does? Make her a roided up bodybuilder or rare physical specimen like Brienne of Tarth and that the men-to-woman ratio is believable in this case. Then we can talk.

Actually it's quite possible, but it requires taking man hormones for a year. That's how female power lifters do. They take man hormones, grow muscles, then stop taking them before the blood test and there you go. If I learned anything from that is that manly man balls is what's needed when you want to do something that matters.

Edited by Bester

Weren't the Russian partisan women who fought the Nazi's during there advance into Russia  equally feared and hated as much as the Russian men, in fact I heard they were more brutal ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well Brienne of Tarth aside, both the sisters/wives of Aegon the Conquerer were dragon-riding warriors and the Nymeria Arya keeps blathering about was a totally hot warrior queen.

That aside, use of female soldiers/marines/mercenaries is pretty realistic in First Law, Malazan and Black Company universe.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Weren't the Russian partisan women who fought the Nazi's during there advance into Russia  equally feared and hated as much as the Russian men, in fact I heard they were more brutal ?

Nah. In the partisan movement under Moscow there were 17000 men and 150 women. Women acted mostly as scouts and sometimes spies. Sometimes they participated in sabotage activity. Many women worked as radio operators. Fighting isn't for women, although it did happen, especially in encirclements.

>more brutal

Yeah, look at that sheer brutality: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/0_b9362_83d817ce_orig.jpeg

Edited by Bester

Only game that ever got fantasy gender (and races) right was the ancient Dragonlance trilogy.

SNVLZ4r.png

But if I recall correctly male humans having very low INT and WIS was a (perhaps intentional) typo.

Nobody cared that female fighters had fewer strength than males, look at Laurana and Kitiara - they were hot and badass.

• Like 4

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Modern female soldiers operate with guns, not swords, halberds and maces. And they are not wearing full plate armor.

That aside, use of female soldiers/marines/mercenaries is pretty realistic in First Law, Malazan and Black Company universe.

And in Black Company series only regiment of female soldiers were defeated and raped afterwards by the Black Company.

MzpydUh.gif

The Israelis tried it: women in combat. Seems the men couldn't get used to the sight of women blown open.
They'd linger over the wounded females, often trying to save those who obviously couldn't be saved,

often to the detriment of the mission.

Master Chief John James Urgayle

Another thing is that they'd often stop fighting to help women, which would even further worsen their combat situation.

The time is right for Obsidian to make a sci fi rpg with a tranny lead. Female to male post op since it's become too trendy the other way around. The story is set in a not too distant world where those pesky corporations have screwed us once again, and all the newborns are born unisex with a bump instead of genitals. Now, it's your choice to stick to your newly acquired guns and be a man or try to reverse the process and defeat that greed. Come on Obsidian, this is your calling or atleast include this character's history in PE.

You are late to the party, gaider already is digging this gold mine.

tumblr_mo3659ktQb1qe27noo1_1280.jpg

004_zpsfab78675.jpg

Lol, but what would the servants say?  =]

Edited by Pidesco
Consistency.

I didn't mean to say don't do female soldiers, just portray it with authenticity, don't pretend all things are equal. Partisans sniping at Germans are believable.

So hate to ask, but does the auction house closure in Diablo 3 mean that it'll have an offline mode now, or is it still persisting with that feature?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've heard second hand that it's still online-only, with some guff about the "integral social element" or whatnot.

Ah well still no point to buying the title then, thank you anyway.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Funny how Saints Row is more progressive, being able to play transgenders and all. 

That being said, I think GTA is ready for a woman protagonist. 

Well, since the GTA-series has been a satire of hyper-masculinity and mass consumption, i would bet that the female lead would not behave very feminine so to speak.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they have a female lead people will either whinge about the character being too butch or too feminine. Either way, they're screwed.

So hate to ask, but does the auction house closure in Diablo 3 mean that it'll have an offline mode now, or is it still persisting with that feature?

From what I've read on RPS, despite it being offline for consoles, they still won't go offline for PC.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does?

you mean aim a rifle and pull the trigger?

my wife is a better shot than me by miles.  she would be 10x the soldier i would be, and i'm an adult male who is over 6 feet tall.

Edited by entrerix
  • Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You want me to believe a woman can do what a man does?

you mean aim a rifle and pull the trigger?

my wife is a better shot than me by miles.  she would be 10x the soldier i would be, and i'm an adult male who is over 6 feet tall.

So what we've learned from this is.. entrerix is a wimp.

..and we need pics of his wife. Pronto.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!