Dragon Age: Inquisition

I hope we meet Hawke and fight him/her. Maybe we can meet the character we created in Origins as well.

Screens look good, gives me a better first impression than DA2.

I hope they can deliver on the combination of DA1 and DA2 combat.

The new character is the Inquisitor of the title. They can't really give you a defined name since you have a choice of multiple races.

So you don't even get to pick a class or will the Chantry somehow allow a mage on their service?

you don't even know what you don't know.

The inquisition has nothing to do with the chantry; it's an independant organization looking into what is the true cause of the chaos going on. No wardens, no chantry, no mages, no templars no governments are behind it.

Could someone let me know when they do a Mel Brooks or Monty Python fan video for this?

I'd enjoy watching Lelianna burst through a door shouting "Nobody expects the Orlesian Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Can't wait to name mine Kryptmann.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope we meet Hawke and fight him/her. Maybe we can meet the character we created in Origins as well.

I'd say I'd be hoping for the opposite, no cameos unless extremely well justified. We're in a very different and distant part of the world, so any such encounters would tend to evoke the small-world syndrome. ME took this to the extreme, Shepard met acquaintances, who could be anywhere in the entire galaxy, by pure coincidence more than I see my neighbours when I walk around my suburb.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The new character is the Inquisitor of the title. They can't really give you a defined name since you have a choice of multiple races.

They did it in Origins.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Having Hawke as a companion with his specs determined by your import would be... ballsy. I'd appreciate it. I suspect we'll never hear of the poor boy/girl again, though. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Having Hawke as a companion with his specs determined by your import would be... ballsy. I'd appreciate it. I suspect we'll never hear of the poor boy/girl again, though. :p

He gets crushed by falling rocks in the first 5 minutes. The Warden died of fantasy AIDS(assuming (s)he was alive after DAO). Or Flemeth is keeping them alive as sex slaves in Flemeth's Sexy Time Dungeon, the Day 1 DLC.

I hope for a faster and smoother DAO combat system with more abilities that work better against status effects, Skill Trees like DA2, attributes that are valuable for all classes, larger amount of skills per tree, specializations that have more abilities to them, and an equipment system closer to DAO. Also, better designed encounters, they were lacking in both games.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

So you don't even get to pick a class or will the Chantry somehow allow a mage on their service?

you don't even know what you don't know.

The inquisition has nothing to do with the chantry; it's an independant organization looking into what is the true cause of the chaos going on. No wardens, no chantry, no mages, no templars no governments are behind it.

So it's a separate entity from the Chantry, why the **** do they call it the Inquisition then? I swear BW's writing has gotten to levels of bad fanfiction.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"So you don't even get to pick a class or will the Chantry somehow allow a mage on their service?"

Why so ignorant? How can you be reading this thread and not know this stuff? You already had your one silly question allowable per month. Sorry.

"They did it in Origins."

That's b/c they had 'origins' where your family was pre determined. Sure, they could give you a random family name in DA3 but unlike origins it wouldn't mean a thing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So it's a separate entity from the Chantry, why the **** do they call it the Inquisition then? I swear BW's writing has gotten to levels of bad fanfiction.

Agreed.

If they are going to take recognizable, loaded terms that come with associations or connotations, then saying "Oh but in my story it means something different!" is not really acceptable.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'd say I'd be hoping for the opposite, no cameos unless extremely well justified. We're in a very different and distant part of the world, so any such encounters would tend to evoke the small-world syndrome. ME took this to the extreme, Shepard met acquaintances, who could be anywhere in the entire galaxy, by pure coincidence more than I see my neighbours when I walk around my suburb.

I want to kill Hawke.

I want to kill Hawke.

He gets crushed by falling rocks in the first 5 minutes. The Warden died of fantasy AIDS(assuming (s)he was alive after DAO). Or Flemeth is keeping them alive as sex slaves in Flemeth's Sexy Time Dungeon, the Day 1 DLC.

I hope for a faster and smoother DAO combat system with more abilities that work better against status effects, Skill Trees like DA2, attributes that are valuable for all classes, larger amount of skills per tree, specializations that have more abilities to them, and an equipment system closer to DAO. Also, better designed encounters, they were lacking in both games.

You seem to know what I want.

"If they are going to take recognizable, loaded terms that come with associations or connotations, then saying "Oh but in my story it means something different!" is not really acceptable."

ARE YOU INSANE? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever. Changing things up is a good thing espicially inc reative works.

I beat you whined when gay went from meaning happy to it meaning a guy who preferred having sex and was attracted to guys instead of women. LMAO

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"If they are going to take recognizable, loaded terms that come with associations or connotations, then saying "Oh but in my story it means something different!" is not really acceptable."

ARE YOU INSANE? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever. Changing things up is a good thing espicially inc reative works.

I beat you whined when gay went from meaning happy to it meaning a guy who preferred having sex and was attracted to guys instead of women. LMAO

So no one should be offended when somebody makes a fictional work where the righteous Nazis defend themselves against the hordes of invading Jews and their allies the **** just because in that fictional world those terms have different connotations.

Apparently communication doesn't matter I'll say one thing mean another and write it in another language: 

"Eres un tipo suave"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Straight to the Nazis! YAHOO!!

Hey, we are almost at the 30 page mark. They were bound to come up.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

I thought the Templars were the anti-mage faction in this, and that they split from The Chantry because they thought that it wasn't hard enough with the mages? And if I remember correctly, although the Inquisition in this game was reborn thanks to the Chantry, it's actually very independant. Having a mage in such an organization doesn't seem far-fetched.

They did it in Origins.

Yeah, but each origin had a different name.

I thought the Templars were the anti-mage faction in this, and that they split from The Chantry because they thought that it wasn't hard enough with the mages? And if I remember correctly, although the Inquisition in this game was reborn thanks to the Chantry, it's actually very independant. Having a mage in such an organization doesn't seem far-fetched.

They did it in Origins.

When did this all happen and where the hell was I?

village_idiot.gif

So no one should be offended when somebody makes a fictional work where the righteous Nazis defend themselves against the hordes of invading Jews and their allies the **** just because in that fictional world those terms have different connotations.

Meh. The judicial style used in many European countries is often referred to as an 'Inquisitorial style' system and it doesn't mean that they're all thumbscrews and red hot pokers in places even Renly never found, just that it's different from the adversarial style used by anglos. Just about every term usable for a quasi religious order has negative connotations- including, say, Templars.

• Like 2

They did it in Origins.

When did this all happen and where the hell was I?

In Gaider's novel Asunder i think. Dragon age has come to the point that if you don't follow it through comics, anime etc. you get behind in the lore.