Dragon Age: Inquisition

I just found out!

Dwarf_male250x.gif

Promising myself I wouldn't pre-order this time...

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

The list sounds promising. 

For combat I like the changes they are implementing. I would definitely like some party-enemy skill and hp parity. DA2 had so much disparity here that the combat ultimately became routine and unsatisfying. Not sure is DLC fixed this, since I didn't purchase. 

Storywise, I'm glad the major story arcs are coming to a close, though I remain wary they will be largely unsatisfying from my experience with ME3 and DA2. I'm also uncertain why suddenly there is this Inquisition faction that is powerful enough to take on the Chantry and the Templars in Orlais where they are most powerful. Where did they come from and why is your character leading them? At least with the Grey Wardens, they were renowned heroes of ages past and your character could feel some motivation to join them. 

Exploration is always good. I like that party skills can give you neat sidequests and access to other areas. 

No/limited level scaling I really like. I love trotting off to places I shouldn't be and getting killed. I did this in New Vegas fighting my way hard through the Cazdores and Deathclaws and reached New Vegas really early. I didn't even know there was a whole natural quest path to the game until my 2nd playthrough. It was awesome. I don't expect in DA:I, but the option to run into things way more powerful than you is something I always enjoyed. Adds suspense!

This year was pretty slow for games. I'm looking forward to all the RPGs hitting the market next year including DA:I

I'm also uncertain why suddenly there is this Inquisition faction that is powerful enough to take on the Chantry and the Templars in Orlais where they are most powerful. Where did they come from and why is your character leading them?

It's public knowledge, but some people get really upset by any detail, so I'll spoiler it.

The Inquisition is the original precursors of the Templars and Seeker groups. And is likely drawing in members from those two, given that Cassandra is confirmed and Cullen is likely. As of the novels, the Templars and Chantry aren't in the best of shape. The PC is leading them, well I'm not sure why, but the PC is "special" because he or she is the sole survivor of the initial wave of the demon invasion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"* You're the only survivor of the tear in the veil."

I actually hope this gives the player access to some cool powers. Maybe  access to a unique PC only specializiation like Veil Survivor (but a cooler and fitting name) ala  Warden.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to guess that, just like the first two games, Flemeth saves you. You survive because she swoops down in dragon form and protects you somehow.

Or maybe, to spice things up, it's Morrigan in dragon form this time.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

after ME3 i swore to myself i would not pay full price for the next two bioware games

so wake me up when this hits a 50% off steam sale

zzzzzzz

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm going to guess that, just like the first two games, Flemeth saves you. You survive because she swoops down in dragon form and protects you somehow.

Or maybe, to spice things up, it's Morrigan in dragon form this time.

Or is it Flemeth in Morrigan form in Dragon form?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Looks like another pre-order. I wasn't disappointed at all with ME3 except for the ending, and DA2 I still enjoyed more than a lot of games that have hit in the last few years despite it not being half as good as DA:O, so I'm optimistic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Would a 50% Origin sale suffice? :biggrin:

Origin is rather stingy with the sales. I recall the time they had the CE of a game on sale but not the regular edition. Who does that?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Looks like another pre-order. I wasn't disappointed at all with ME3 except for the ending, and DA2 I still enjoyed more than a lot of games that have hit in the last few years despite it not being half as good as DA:O, so I'm optimistic.

How can you be not dissapointed in ME3 after seeing the Reapers saved the Citadel for last? HOW???

jk, I think DAI looks great too.

Edited by exodiark

If it means death to the stereotypical dwarven accent, I'm all for shared voices between races. Or a generic pool you can select from.

At any rate, something like Saints Row does just fine with multiple PC voices.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

If it means death to the stereotypical dwarven accent, I'm all for shared voices between races. Or a generic pool you can select from.

At any rate, something like Saints Row does just fine with multiple PC voices.

I hope there will be a Latina voice.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So you admit that you see a "flaw" in the romance that actually applies to ALL of Bioware's romances (which is actually a problem I agree with - the sublimating of an NPC's character in order to have the Player get a 'positive' romantic outcome) but you only consider it a problem with Isabel because she's the only one who "wants" sex?

I agree that this is a greater issue than Isabella's specifics.

And I should point out that while I don't think its an ideal solution, I understand why the games are set up that way. I just think its weird to single out Isabela in this case as a bad example (or Zevran in DAO).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Origin is rather stingy with the sales. I recall the time they had the CE of a game on sale but not the regular edition. Who does that?

Stingier than Steam, nevertheless I got ME2 for 5 euros.

And their sales tend to be highly regional anyway. Not like Steam where you have percentage discounts on varying list prices, but rather a tendency to not bother with sales at all in "non-core" regions (of which Australia is one).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Depends, will the DLC still only be sold in monopoly money?

That's actually one of the big things turning me off to DA3. Legacy sounds cool, but nobody should have to put up with Bioware's purchasing system.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Especially given that Microsoft are abolishing their equivalent system.

When a behemoth like Microsoft - a company with the turning circle of the Titanic - is showing itself to be more agile than yours, it's probably time to ditch the concrete boots.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G