What are you playing now?

Spec ops the line.

Pretty shocked that a major publisher dedicated money to have this game made.

I may love it for it's commentary on military shooters but it was never going to make money.

it won a bunch of awards for writing

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Lost and Damned for GTA IV. Meh, I'm some dirtbag biker. Kind of a step down from a violent Serb.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never finished Lost and Damned, I'm really bad at driving motorcycles and the protoganist (and all the cast) just seemed so.. stupid..

Gay Tony on the other hand I felt was a better game than the main story.

Fortune favors the bald.

Lost and Damned for GTA IV. Meh, I'm some dirtbag biker. Kind of a step down from a violent Serb.

Actually I would argue the bikers of Lost and Damned are much more psychotic and violent that Niko Bellic. At least Niko is trying to make a new life for himself and laments the past and what he did in the war. 

I don't remember any compunction from the bikers in any respects?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And ? I said it's a step down not that they are less violent. Granted only an hour in, but the protagonist is just a dull dirtbag who I'd hoped to kill in GTA IV itself. Other gang members are equally uninteresting.

And damn it, they changed Vladivostok FM! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never finished Lost and Damned, I'm really bad at driving motorcycles and the protoganist (and all the cast) just seemed so.. stupid..

Gay Tony on the other hand I felt was a better game than the main story.

I'm not good on motorcycles either, they're just too twitchy.  More importantly, the story in Lost and Damned just isn't particularly compelling, mainly because there really are no standout characters.  Ballad of Gay Tony, on the other hand, is a return to form for the series, more along the lines of Vice City or San Andreas in terms of colorful characters and interesting story.

In my opinion:

San Andreas > Vice City > Gay Tony > 4 > 3 > Lost & Damned

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You're really close to selling me on gay tony :p

Its excellent, I recommend it. I also thought the Lost and Damned was good. I use to RP my character in Lost and Damned very differently. I would attack cops on purpose and generally drive over any civilians I came across :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And ? I said it's a step down not that they are less violent. Granted only an hour in, but the protagonist is just a dull dirtbag who I'd hoped to kill in GTA IV itself. Other gang members are equally uninteresting.

And damn it, they changed Vladivostok FM! :p

Vladivostok FM was easily the best station.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm close to the end of XCOM, everything researched, all soldiers bumped up to the max in gear and experience.

I tried a bit of Civ V. Not enough to form an opinion apart from that I like the art design a lot. The UI, not so much. Art deco isn't my thing. And the 2D pics aren't very good art deco either.

Damn, didn't see that CoH 2 has entered open beta in Steam!

УРААА!

Damn, didn't see that CoH 2 has entered open beta in Steam!

УРААА!

Give me your steam name here or via PM so I can prove my tactical genius unto you, Tovarich.

Lol I haven't played CoH for years, it'll be a slaughter.

Its:

/\/\ÿth

I suggest you copy paste it. The M is made of slashes.

If the game even works on my sad sad pc.

So much for CoH 2. My graphics card couldn't take even the performance test. It overheated in under 20 seconds. Time to buy a new one and save up for a new CPU.

Now while this card isn't in the best state ever, it can still run XCOM, Civ V and the original CoH without overheating (though I havent tried the last one in ages). Although trying, say, Painkiller (yes the old one) overheats it in 15 minutes like clockwork.

Funny thing is, with the settings on minimum CoH 2 looks substantially worse than the original game - which I could run at a respectable 30fps. Here I could only get 15fps before the crash.

Optimisation it seems, is a thing of the past.

Completed Storm of Zehir.

+There were some fun encounters to be had.

+I liked that your skills were used on the overworld map.

+The possibility to let all character be involved in conversations.

-The writing wasn't great.

-The voice acting was mostly very bad. On the best occasions it was bad.

-The cities and dungeons were very small and mostly looked the same.

+-The trading aspect.

+-The way crafting was handled. Better than OC, still like MotB crafting more.

+-Visiting Neverwinter, but only a tiny section of the city.

Demon's Souls. I'm late to the party on this one, but the game really is its own kind of experience. I've put a nice 15+ hours on it already, and I don't think I'm even one quarter done with it

Don't forget to try NG+ once you finish it. That's where to fun starts when the enemies are actually tough. :grin:

Heh, I don't know man, I might finish it once and then move to Dark Souls. I got that game as well with my PS3 console.

I'm playing as a Hunter right now. Having both viable ranged and melee options is neat, though I wonder if my bow makes some bosses ludicrously easy :p

Started playing Remember Me.

Haven't spend much time in it yet, but what I did see I liked a lot. The art direction deffinitly is up my alley. Will say more when I have seen more.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Played a little Remember Me, just got in an hour or so of it so far.

Nice art direction, but you don't really get to do much wandering around. It's much more linear with a few small nooks you might notice just in time to grab some "collectible" but nothing really letting you "explore" the word.

The combat's nice enough, but doesn't flow quite as smoothly as certain other games (i'm looking at you Sleeping Dogs & Batman). Lots of little interesting bits to it that kind of suck you in, right before something jars you out a bit, and the camera can be a little weird.

But I think the good outweighs the bad, I'll have to wait until I've pushed further into it but it feels like it's going to be one of those "flawed but interesting" games rather then a breakout or a crapout one..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."