RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

blood dragon looks awesome

now i want something like that, but not as on-the-nose silly

do the 1989 thing with a (semi)straight face, like they did in 1989

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Blood Dragon almost makes me want to buy an FPS again. I'll see how it comes along. 

Great to hear that there will be another Batman game. I'm disappointed that Rocksteady isn't involved, but hopefully they are working on other exciting projects. The premise sounds good and it could be fun playing as Batman with less experience. 

Yes, that is true. 

My main concern is that as the world becomes bigger, the game will be less driven by story and narrative and more by meaningless sidequests. I liked the sidequests in AC, because they played into some kind of storyline. I usually abhor collecting quests, but the Riddler quests kept my interest because they lead into a storyline of rescuing hostages and portrayed the dynamic between the two pretty well. 

at first I was like "wha?!" but then I saw it was still a platformer and I went like "eew"

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

at first I was like "wha?!" but then I saw it was still a platformer and I went like "eew"

Flashback was one of the best platformers ever. The dialog was cringeworthy but if they recreate the game part faithfully then it's going to be worth picking up.

I don't like the idea of a 3D Flashback. if I wanted to play platformer-Flashback, I'd launch my emulator, or, heck, take my Mega Drive 2 and plug the cartridge in. 

I'd be excited about a new Flashback game if it was something different. 3-rd person action-adventure or something... anything, just not a platformer :mellow:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Interesting piece of software :)

AI solving classic NES games

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/this-ai-solves-super-mario-bros-and-other-classic-nes-games/

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Interesting piece of software :)

AI solving classic NES games

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/this-ai-solves-super-mario-bros-and-other-classic-nes-games/

And thus, Skynet was born.  Hopefully it doesn't become self aware before Project Eternity comes out.

:wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That leaked video of TES Online gameplay was weak. I knew they were gonna botch it up, but to botch it up like this really requires some motivation. Graphics worse than in AOC, that's something.

Bethesda has disappointed me in many ways over the years, but graphics have never been one of them.  A leaked video is really not something you should use to make judgement, there are a lot of reasons the graphics may look lackluster.

I saw the leaked TES Online video, which has since been removed, but I wasn't really paying much attention to graphics.  Obviously 20 minutes is far too short to make any sort of definitive judgement on any game, much less an MMO, but from that brief glimpse I thought it looked like a very standard, paint by numbers, run of the mill MMO.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That leaked video of TES Online gameplay was weak. I knew they were gonna botch it up, but to botch it up like this really requires some motivation. Graphics worse than in AOC, that's something.

Bethesda has disappointed me in many ways over the years, but graphics have never been one of them.  A leaked video is really not something you should use to make judgement, there are a lot of reasons the graphics may look lackluster.

Even is they add super shadows and shocking anti-aliasing, that won't change the models with 3 polygons on which things are drawn with textures, like in Orgrimmar giant ropes were not actually ropes on walls, but textures. Same thing here, but on player models. Wow, that's lame.

Their spells - waste of text. They could've taken things straight from TES games, but they chose to make it less imaginative than my toilet room.

Plus, like I said, graphics from the times of LA2.

I was expecting bad, but this blew me away.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Does Elder Scroll fan even want the MMO? I honestly don't know. The forums are busy today. I don't know if that's because of the leak had somewhat the same effect as Erik Dellums had on the Fallout forums/Nukapedia when he made his tweet, or not.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I think some ES fans are hoping the MMO will still give them ES-like gameplay, only with co-op, and are/were willing to give it a chance. I'm not one of them, but I'm not much of an ES fan, either.

Graphically, if anyone thought it would look even remotely like that trailer they released ... hahaha. Yeah, I knew that wasn't happening.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Most of my friends who do like TES all live in a similar place like me, where reasonably priced high speed isn't an option, so they naturally have practically no excitement for it. I just haven't been around anything to get a gauge for the excitement level. I've tried to like the games. I just can't seem to get into them. Love the Fallout's though, including 3. It's on Chad's weekly Nukapedia News Digest, but I've never really noticed anybody talking much about it in a positive stance in the comments. Usually neutral at best. More: Why is it here? I'm sure that will be interesting with the leak out. Heading over there now... Plus Saturday Polls goodness.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Even is they add super shadows and shocking anti-aliasing, that won't change the models with 3 polygons on which things are drawn with textures, like in Orgrimmar giant ropes were not actually ropes on walls, but textures. Same thing here, but on player models. Wow, that's lame.

Their spells - waste of text. They could've taken things straight from TES games, but they chose to make it less imaginative than my toilet room.

Plus, like I said, graphics from the times of LA2.

I was expecting bad, but this blew me away.

Why are the graphics so important to you?  Don't get me wrong, I thought the game looked lackluster too, but because it looked like it played just like most of the billion other MMOs out there, except with an Elder Scrolls coat of paint on it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸