Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

Torment will be getting it's final 4.5 mil stretchgoal. That means a stronghold, expanded length, depth and reactivity and some of InXile's "crazier ideas concerning choice and consequence". Props to Brian Fargo and superfan Steven Dengler.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 4

Torment will be getting it's final 4.5 mil stretchgoal. That means a stronghold, expanded length, depth and reactivity and some of InXile's "crazier ideas concerning choice and consequence". Props to Brian Fargo and superfan Steven Dengler.

And the future for my preferred sub-genre of cRPGs keeps on looking better and better.  Dear Lord, thank you for delivering me from the late '00s.  Amen.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Awesome!

I want my "Stronghold" to be a Winnebago my character cruises around The Bloom and parks outside of areas of interest.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Awesome!

I want my "Stronghold" to be a Winnebago my character cruises around The Bloom and parks outside of areas of interest.

I'd bet Jack Rebney would sell me my Bloom Winnebago.

(google/youtube him. NSFW)

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Was the final stretch goal ever in question? I mean, it sounds to me like they wanted to do all those things anyway, but were maybe trying to get a little more funding first.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Was the final stretch goal ever in question? I mean, it sounds to me like they wanted to do all those things anyway, but were maybe trying to get a little more funding first.

This allowed them to encourage people to keep funding. I wonder how many people still pledge money through paypal once a game is officially funded. Or if the amounds pledged are significant enough to allow for real planning of extra development.

At the same time, I think they wanted to keep their options open. If they managed to do it, great. If they didn't, they hadn't promised anything.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

i never go to the PE boards and i basically live on this website

too many weirdos over there :)

Yeah its the Bioware travelling circus all over again.

Nah, it's nowhere near that level.

There aren't 10 active topics about romances/sex etc. Also the posters aren't accusing the devs of killing their first born children..... Yet.

There isn't too much stuff to talk about currently, the 'calm before the storm'. Now when some posters realizes PE isn't going to match up with whatever dream they thought up, that's when the crap storm and fun comes.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

This allowed them to encourage people to keep funding. I wonder how many people still pledge money through paypal once a game is officially funded. Or if the amounds pledged are significant enough to allow for real planning of extra development.

At the same time, I think they wanted to keep their options open. If they managed to do it, great. If they didn't, they hadn't promised anything.

I was wondering how one of these Kickstarters would handle it if they fell just shy of a stretch goal. If they have the resources, then I'd guess that most would probably throw in the extra goal in order to please their contributors. No need to be cynical about it really.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

There isn't too much stuff to talk about currently, the 'calm before the storm'. Now when some posters realizes PE isn't going to match up with whatever dream they thought up, that's when the crap storm and fun comes.

There will always be those who will whine about the final product; it's inevitable in the computer gaming business. Hopefully they'll satisfy most of the contributors though. In addition to the occasionally useful feedback and morale support, I suspect that these forums will probably help to prepare the audience expectations in advance. As long as it isn't too buggy...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I was wondering how one of these Kickstarters would handle it if they fell just shy of a stretch goal. If they have the resources, then I'd guess that most would probably throw in the extra goal in order to please their contributors. No need to be cynical about it really.

Most kickstarters, when really close to a goal but missing it by a smidgen, seem to throw it in anyway (and probably hope that they'll be able to cover the difference with pre-orders etc).

This was the first time that I saw a project stating that they would continue running pledges on paypall for a specific duration exactly so as to fund another tier. The time limit actually does make sense though, as more content and features will have to be included in the planning of the project and can't just be pasted on later.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

i never go to the PE boards and i basically live on this website

too many weirdos over there :)

Yeah its the Bioware travelling circus all over again.

Nah, it's nowhere near that level.

There aren't 10 active topics about romances/sex etc. Also the posters aren't accusing the devs of killing their first born children..... Yet.

True, that. I've suppressed the memory of the full extent of BW forum deviancy.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what the idea is but I can tell you who its "stolen" from. This is a prime example of HR Giger's biomechanical style from over 30 years ago - the most famous representative being the Xenomorph from the Alien movies and the ship and its captain from the first film in particular.

Its exactly the same only Giger preferred a different color palette.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/337925623555186688/photo/1

That Andree Wallin dude is slightly talented. Slightly.

Holy **** that's amazing work.  Stolen, or not, that looks fantastic.

:bow:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Goddamn it Serrano don't intrude on a man's attempt to be a know-it-all.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Possibly the only person who can imagine something alien enough that doesn't resemble a work of Giger's is probably Giger himself.

Or an actual alien.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"But some choices are mutually exclusive, and we don’t see it as a possibility that you’ll be able to experience the entirety of the game in a single playthrough. In fact, I don’t think you’ll get it on two."

Music to my ears! Replay value strikes a chord near and dear to my heart as (in D&D terms) a Chaotic Good ranger and a Lawful Evil cleric player character shouldn't provide the player with a near-identical gaming experience differing only in a few mechanics here and there.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/